Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Raku posted:

He's really slow but has gotten insane YAC every time he's not swallowed behind the line. As the other dude said he also was somehow making things happen as a receiver

I haven't watched the games but how does this happen and he ends up with two yards a carry on 16 carries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

zimbomonkey posted:

I haven't watched the games but how does this happen and he ends up with two yards a carry on 16 carries?

He's running into the back of his lineman since he has no vision at all. But if you dump it off to him he's finding seams in space.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Flikken posted:

He's running into the back of his lineman since he has no vision at all. But if you dump it off to him he's finding seams in space.

it's more that he's caught in the backfield as often as not because his linemen don't runblock very well--Zac Stacy definitely looks better IMO but I bet trent's leading the league in yards after contact

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

This sounds a lot like the Trent Richardson that played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders!!!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

hifi posted:

the default camera angle was awful too, was it on a boogermobile the entire time?

it was like a high school game

Yeah that was awful, it needs to stop

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think the camera was only that way because of a weird setup at the Memphis stadium, they've used normal angles at every other game

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I went to the Iron game yesterday and I have to say I was honestly surprised by the enthusiasm from the fans. Maybe this league will make it (it won't)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the AAF will probably last at least a non-embarrassing amount of years like maybe half the length of NFL europe. Well i had thought that nfl Europe lasted 10 years when it was much longer than that, and i don't think the aaf will last 8+ years so just pretend like i said some really nuts language on here and all you're thinking When you read this is, "drat"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

the AAF will probably last at least a non-embarrassing amount of years like maybe half the length of NFL europe. Well i had thought that nfl Europe lasted 10 years when it was much longer than that, and i don't think the aaf will last 8+ years so just pretend like i said some really nuts language on here and all you're thinking When you read this is, "drat"

who, in your opinion, will end up being the Frankfurt Galaxy of the AAF

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know the future of teams. only leagues, without the team futures.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Attendance for Saturday's games:

Express' first game in Memphis: 11,980
Iron: 17,319, 280 more than attended their home game last week

https://twitter.com/TheTomAlexander/status/1097277863450079239

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Apollos 2 and 0 bitch! #TakeAim

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
How much money was NFL Europe losing a year?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

wandler20 posted:

Apollos 2 and 0 bitch! #TakeAim

:toot:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Cavauro posted:

I'm feeling optimistic, the AAF is dodging some of the things that have killed other leagues in the past. It's not trying to expand football into markets that don't really care about it, and it's not trying to compete with the NFL or operate on that kind of scale.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
this league is more fun to watch than the nfl

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Always 'Aving Fun

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

GD_American posted:

How much money was NFL Europe losing a year?

reportedly 30 million a year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And the talent pool is great because it allows fringe guys to sign immediately after being cut or released, they can then sign on in the off-season

I was talking with my sports agent buddy about it last night. Several of his guys are fringe, and the league is huge for them. They’re staying in shape and collecting 82k a year.

You can now be a fringe pro football player and make nearly 200k a year between AAF -> preseason -> practice squad

That’s really good for us as fans because now you’re not going to CFL. Youre going back to an area with a direct nfl connect and you’re making highlight reels while in some cases still getting attention from fans from previous college days

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/al_lunsford/status/1097302705205374976?s=19

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

both those numbers are nuts when you get like half the plays of the nfl to put those stats up in

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Hell yeah apollos gonna win it all yall #TakeAim

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

both those numbers are nuts when you get like half the plays of the nfl to put those stats up in

Spurrier seems like the perfect coach for this league, meaning a guy who can just go out and coach a bunch of dudes he doesn't know at all at a moment's notice.

The XFL should try to get him to coach one of their teams too.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grittybeard posted:

Spurrier seems like the perfect coach for this league, meaning a guy who can just go out and coach a bunch of dudes he doesn't know at all at a moment's notice.

The XFL should try to get him to coach one of their teams too.

Spurrier should coach all the things.

Everyone I know who is watching the aaf (family, coworkers) around here is watching purely because of how much they love that dude.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every week Spurrier gets a new team in some league

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Spurdog is a perfect fit for this league because he's not afraid to be like "gently caress it go deep" and he's got the charisma to get his players to buy in. It's a sharp contrast from some of the other coaches who seem terrified of letting their QB throw more than 10 yards.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I am extremely fuckin proud to say I was there on an illegal reddit feed for the first ever Fleet win.

Team is starting to click and the rest of you chumps are on notice. Just, uh, please don't game plan around a 98% run attack with a couple deep balls that look like they were thrown by your great grandpa at the family reunion.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Roasted Donut posted:

this league is more fun to watch than the nfl

:haibrow:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
On one hand, an entirely new league is a great chance to pick a team that's the most fun and interesting to watch to become a fan of and finally break free of the abusive relationship that is Atlanta Sports

On the other hand, the Legends are affiliated with Georgia Tech, the football team across all leagues I care about the most, and the idea of supporting a team that's actually good is kind of weird to me after years of resenting all teams that are good

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Why on earth does AAF not have the current standings on their website

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Time for the Week 2 AAF Power Rankings

1. Orlando Apollos -- They get the top spot this week after another impressive offensive showing. Who would've guessed Garrett Gilbert: Funslinger could be a real thing?
2. Arizona Hotshots -- The offense took a big step back and they likely would've lost if Memphis didn't pull a 2017 Jaguars AFCCG shook-fest. Still a good team but that game showed some cracks in the armor.
3. Birmingham Iron -- Luis Perez badly needs some real WRs and I don't know if they have the horses for a real playoff run. But they're taking care of business, and winning ugly is still winning.
4. San Antonio Commanders -- The Orlando game got away from them, but this is a solid team and I won't be surprised if they string wins together to become a real force.
5. San Diego Fleet -- Shook off a slow start to put away Atlanta. Mike Martz's offense looks comically outdated in 2019, and I don't see them making a serious run this year, but the pieces are there.
6. Salt Lake Stallions -- You could argue they're the biggest victims of bad luck, being forced to play three QBs in two games, and I like them at times. But an 0-2 start puts them in a deep hole to start the season.
7. Atlanta Legends -- Put a real scare in San Diego, but in the end the better team won out. It's pretty obvious that they're one of the bottom-feeders this year.
8. Memphis Express -- The defense is legit and they should've won yesterday, but the QB ruins everything. You could copy-paste this analysis into any of the Broncos teams between 2016-18.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Final Week 2 AAF attendance:

Memphis Express' first home game: 11,980
San Diego Fleet's first home game: 20,019
Birmingham Iron: 17,319. 280 more than in their week 1 home game
San Antonio Commanders: 29,176. 1319 more than in their week 1 home game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
there were not 20,000 people in that stadium

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

a neat cape posted:

there were not 20,000 people in that stadium

Hard to count when hiding under the tarps.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Here's a breakdown of AAF rosters by college recruiting rankings; you'll never guess if all the southern teams fare better than the west coast ones.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Johnny Manziel needs to defect from the CFL to the AAF

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Johnny Manziel needs to defect from the CFL to the AAF

poo poo, he's still alive? Did he clean up? Because I was sure he would have drunk himself to death by now.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Proteus Jones posted:

poo poo, he's still alive? Did he clean up? Because I was sure he would have drunk himself to death by now.

He's been just as terrible in the CFL as he was in the NFL. It's pretty embarrassing for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Proteus Jones posted:

Clean, diagnosed bipolar and making GBS threads up the CFL. Think part of his CFL contract actually traps him there unless he's released so he can't defect.