Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!
hey byob, i didnt see a cooking thread that was still active but if there is please let me know and ill close this one

i know theres a thread like this in the cooking forum but everyone there takes nice pictures and its like they cook a whole gourmet meal every other night and it makes me feel like my food and pics arent good enough. so i thought we could talk about food here in the chill forum and people would be chill about my blurry pictures. i will post recipes tho!

heres some stuff i made in the last week:

i made this thai steak salad. it was from a recipe on the food lab which is a good site to get recipes from, especially if u like reading about the scienc behind ur food and what the tastiest science to use is. for this one ill just post the link

i bought to much of everything tho, so i embarked on a mental quest for recipes to use up the ingredients

first i made a panzanella. its pretty simple to do, and is a great thing to eat if ur really high b ut trying to stay healthy, it hits all the key "im high" flavor points

chop up some good ripe tomatoes, sprinkle some salt on them and put in a bowl. cut some crusty bread up into cubes and toss them with olive oil, then put them in the toaster oven til gold and nice and crispy. while those are toasting, chop up some garlic and shallots (or just onions if thats what you have) and mix them up with some olive oil and red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. chop up some basil too. u want to have about an equal volume of bread and tomatoes, and enough liquid to coat the bread real good. i made 1/2 cup of dressing for about a pound of tomatoes and 3 thick slices of toast.

now u mix everything together, and here is the important part, leave it alone for a whole half hour! yes for that long, u can smoke another lil bowl while u wait. i know what ur thinking, its "dqoa the bread will get soggy" but no thats why u toasted it bicch :8): if u do this perfectly as i have said u get a soft outer layer of flavored bread with a warm and toasty core, its great.

even this didnt use up all the leftover steak i made so dont change that channel away fro m this place bc later ill post a fritatta i made and how to make fritattas in general (for those who dont know)

e: my panzanella image wouldnt upload so trying again!

DragQueenofAngmar fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

hey byob, i didnt see a cooking thread that was still active but if there is please let me know and ill close this one

i know theres a thread like this in the cooking forum but everyone there takes nice pictures and its like they cook a whole gourmet meal every other night and it makes me feel like my food and pics arent good enough. so i thought we could talk about food here in the chill forum and people would be chill about my blurry pictures. i will post recipes tho!

heres some stuff i made in the last week:

i made this thai steak salad. it was from a recipe on the food lab which is a good site to get recipes from, especially if u like reading about the scienc behind ur food and what the tastiest science to use is. for this one ill just post the link

i bought to much of everything tho, so i embarked on a mental quest for recipes to use up the ingredients

first i made a panzanella. its pretty simple to do, and is a great thing to eat if ur really high b ut trying to stay healthy, it hits all the key "im high" flavor points

chop up some good ripe tomatoes, sprinkle some salt on them and put in a bowl. cut some crusty bread up into cubes and toss them with olive oil, then put them in the toaster oven til gold and nice and crispy. while those are toasting, chop up some garlic and shallots (or just onions if thats what you have) and mix them up with some olive oil and red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. chop up some basil too. u want to have about an equal volume of bread and tomatoes, and enough liquid to coat the bread real good. i made 1/2 cup of dressing for about a pound of tomatoes and 3 thick slices of toast.

now u mix everything together, and here is the important part, leave it alone for a whole half hour! yes for that long, u can smoke another lil bowl while u wait. i know what ur thinking, its "dqoa the bread will get soggy" but no thats why u toasted it bicch :8): if u do this perfectly as i have said u get a soft outer layer of flavored bread with a warm and toasty core, its great.

even this didnt use up all the leftover steak i made so dont change that channel away fro m this place bc later ill post a fritatta i made and how to make fritattas in general (for those who dont know)

e: my panzanella image wouldnt upload so trying again!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656838

^^ that's our cooking thread. yours looks good but could start a civil war!!!

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Goons Are Gifts

OK now we all take sides and then start attacking with good posts!

Click, write, pooooost!

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

opioid agonist posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656838

^^ that's our cooking thread. yours looks good but could start a civil war!!!

oh dang thanks, I should ya e looked harder I guess. I will go where the cooks are :)

alnilam

Closing thread bc of the op found the other thread