Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

ilkhan posted:

But I still miss Studio Movie Grill. Booze and food delivered with assigned seating and recliners.

That's the one theater concept I've always wanted to try. If I can get dinner and a movie at the same time, that seems like the best experience ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
AMC does dine in theaters, but they're not nearly as good as Studio grill

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Welp, for the first time ever, as far as I can recall, the tpms system saved me some hassle. Picked up a rock while trying to grab kids from various locations. Fortunately, the MIL was able to grab the last two while I changed to the space saver... Now to see if we can fix it or I need to shell out for new tires. On a schedule that means I can't leave the car anywhere and in the midst of tire changeover season, so everyone is booked solid! fun times!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

Your wife gets it.

Back in my day, movies had a beginning, middle, and end. Not movie 1: beginning, movie 2: middle, movie 3: the end......?

Also, theater seats suck, you're surrounded by bright phone screens and the audio is always like 10% louder than the speakers can handle

gently caress movie theaters

You are very much going to the wrong theaters.
I use local ones (Cinemark-owned) that have reserved seating in heated power recliners, and anyone with a phone gets killed. Loudness does vary, though. Musician's earplugs can help with that.
I also use the Alamo Drafthouse, which is a dinner theater (and bar, as the name implies) and they absolutely WILL boot you for talking or using your phone. They're serious about it.

And don't you "in my day" me. I'm 49 years old :corsair:

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Fun weekend, the plan was to leave work early Friday and drive the panda down to Brighton, guessed 4 hours. Made it half way and developed a squeal from the front left, the lightest touch of the brakes stopped it so I guessed rattling pads, deal with it when I got home. Then it wouldn't stop squealing so I stopped and took a look, one red hot wheel, oh poo poo are my brakes bad?

I let everything cool and figured out a plan, I was 15 minutes from my little brothers place, he was out but his wife told me to go to her dad's, he'd be ready. I've met Bob before, he's a star, also an ex really driver, racecar mechanic and currently red bull F1 engineer. Slow drive to Bob's.

We get there, check it out and the brakes are fine but one suspension bush had flat out disappeared, so I order that, Bob goes to fetch it and i raid the snap-on box and start stripping it down. We had to drill out the ball joint bolt but including a costume change, coffee and a chat I was back on the road 2 hours later. Paranoia stopped me at the next 2 services but I made it in time for a beer.

Then I had a fantastic day with some amazing friends I'd not seem for 6 years and their 4.5 year old, who just accepted me and was a cool little dude. We packed him off to his grand parents later and prepped for a party.

Then I met another bunch of great people I'd not met for between 10 and 4 years and had a lovely reminder that we're all characters in other people's universes, because 10 years ago coming back from a solid 12 hours raving we were put up in London and the only bed they could offer me was their kid's cotbed - he was at grand parents too - so being a shortarse I curl up and go to sleep. When I get up I notice a whiteboard with a few scribbles in the kids room so I wrote a thank you note.

Despite having never met this kid I'm a character in his imagination stories and he had his parents record a short video message to me saying hi :3:

Then I was talking to a lovely French fella I'd last seen at a warehouse rave 6 years ago, apparently I'm one of the reasons he's currently getting uk citizenship, because to him I represent what he loved about brits. I didn't know what you say to that so I made cups of tea, he may have a point :v:

Also found out an old friend and I have parallel interests and hobbies so we're getting together to collaborate and learn together a bit.

Yessss! I love moments in life like this.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Some lady and her husband pulled into a parking spot at work in a beat up Toyota Matrix today. Cranked the wheel over quite a bit since the pull up was a in hurry. I'd stepped out for a smoke and noticed a good 3x6-7 inch chunk of tread on the inner part of the tire was missing with big chunks of thread exposed and some bubbling going on. Pointed it out to the husband who understandably freaked the gently caress out since they had no spare. Kids in the car throwing a fit, they've got a ton of stuff going on. Wife ain't happy, she's making prints of his resume trying to land him better work. No way to see the missing tread unless you were at full lock so I can't blame them for not noticing. Clearly not a good day at 10am.

Wife buys a couple airplane bottles and I bundle them off to the discount tire right up the road. They came back an hour later offering to buy me a sandwich since the tire guys said they were probably 10mi from having the drat thing shred apart catastrophically.

Some days you have bad days. Some days you have good days. Other days you actually make a difference and that makes it worth it.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 1, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone seen the trailer for the Sonic the hedgehog movie yet?

:v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Anyone seen the trailer for the Sonic the hedgehog movie yet?

:v:

Honestly, they should have made the movie about the time my aunt tried to capture a raccoon that was digging through her trash, put it in a garage-saled pet carrier (she has no pets), slam the pet carrier in the back of her '89 Accord and then cannonball it across the province to be released in a nice public park she saw once.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Wait, did she garage sale this crate specifically for the trash panda, or did she buy one for a past or future pet?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
She bought one despite not having any pet: the carrier, apparently, was cheap. Later she got a dog, but the carrier was too small for it.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Also was this Accord a manual and does she still have it?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

NumbersMatching320 posted:

Also was this Accord a manual and does she still have it?

Auto; no. It rotted away so badly that one of the suspension pickups fell into the trunk about ten years ago. But it was brown.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3888530

May already, have a new chat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

We had a good run with this thread, but alas, it's time to close it. And for me to get the final word. :v:

Darchangel posted:

I also use the Alamo Drafthouse, which is a dinner theater (and bar, as the name implies) and they absolutely WILL boot you for talking or using your phone. They're serious about it.

This is my favorite thing about Alamo, and I happily pay the premium price for that (the food isn't too bad either).

They really are serious about it, and ran this as the lights went down for a good year or so (lights down = STFU).