Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
gently caress off April, it's May already. See my garage? Steal the beer in it and talk poo poo about whatever. There's an RX-7 in it now.

Also cats. Patte the cats.

New page? page sniper pays the Pet Toll

The Magpie is watching

Dont mind the screechy birbs, they like a beer too.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
What happens if I post in the May thread before April is over? It feels dangerous somehow.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cockatoos are the bogan of the Australian native birdlife. Fuckers also love destroying anything made from wood.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

If you post in this thread right now in North America it makes your sink drain in the opposite direction

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's May somewhere, crank up the Delta Force :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSzgwCql_mo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLX3OCmweO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG4ZXQ9nggU&t=310s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bpwAMuQbvg&t=42s

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

You Am I posted:

Cockatoos are the bogan of the Australian native birdlife. Fuckers also love destroying anything made from wood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCgd2kv2TSI

ya wanna drink?

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Requesting thread title amendment to “Its the May 2019 Cat Thread”

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:JustinTimberlakeMeme:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Cats are evil vicious creatures, don't let their purrs and head butting for pets deceive you.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I added more light to my garage. Also more shelving, since parents dumped the rest of my poo poo on me when they were visiting (... didn't expect a full propane torch that was leaking, nor did I expect a handful of 60s and 70s Craftsman tools, but the extra shelving unit was nice). Need to haul a lot of poo poo to storage, but at least it's a really bright garage now. And every. single. light. has a different color temp. :argh:

150W incandescent equivalent (LED) in the ceiling socket. 32W fluorescent equivalent (LED) strip at the front. 2x32W T8 fixture off to the side. 60W incandescent equivalent (LED) in the door opener. Clip on lamp with 100W incandescent equivalent (CFL) off to the side.

Just when I had gotten it cleaned up enough to easily move around in. :sigh: At least Skelly is keeping me company out there now.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Totally unhinged 4AM rant warning.

I never have bad dreams except the recurring one where I gently caress up my cars. This time I hit the Aston with my dad's truck. Woke up in a cold sweat and had to do some work to calm down. My GF thinks I'm insane because I never get nightmares about normal stuff.

Speaking of, the speaker in the driver's side door is blown and the panel hiding the roof mechanism on the passenger side won't close. Dealership says it's gonna take 6 weeks(!) to get the parts in. At least I ran in to my sales guy while I was there today. He mentioned that they have a '16 AMG GT-S that just came back as a trade in and asked if I wanted to take it for a drive later this week. They also got a McLaren 670s, but his pre-owned manager wouldn't let him take it out - he already asked for me. ...I really like my sales guy.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Wife and kiddo are finally home, 28 hours and two flights later than planned. I heartfelt gently caress you to Scandinavian Airlines, fix your poo poo.

And while the cork is off the bottle of rant, why is everybody at work incompetent? I'm getting a leeeetle bit tired of fixing poo poo, explaining poo poo, discovering that wrong poo poo has been done/ordered and fixing it, making sure A is done before B because the other way around is physically impossible... rrrrrgh.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
May Cat Thread, yay!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

tetrapyloctomy posted:

What happens if I post in the May thread before April is over? It feels dangerous somehow.

You didn't know the consequences yet you did it anyway! You fool you've doomed us all!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

bolind posted:

And while the cork is off the bottle of rant, why is everybody at work incompetent? I'm getting a leeeetle bit tired of fixing poo poo, explaining poo poo, discovering that wrong poo poo has been done/ordered and fixing it, making sure A is done before B because the other way around is physically impossible... rrrrrgh.

Oh my god, I hear you on this one. Somedays...

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Hooraaaaaay.... After already working out that our plantations are at their absolute limit for sustaining our current koala population and with the impact of the drought thats been going on for the last 5 months, I got told today that we're getting an additional 12 koalas in the next three months for breeding. Doesnt sound like much, but each koala will eat 60 pollarded trees worth of gum per year.

Time to magically pull another 700 or so trees in perfect condition out of my backside! Without any budget either mind you!

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

freelop posted:

You didn't know the consequences yet you did it anyway! You fool you've doomed us all!
mission-accomplished.jpg

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That moment when you decide 16GB of RAM isn't enough, so you toss in some random DDR3 you have sitting around.

And then Windows refuses to boot. 5 boot attempts, 5 different BSOD errors. Yank the random RAM back out, PC works fine.

At least I noticed two of my case fans poo poo the bed while I had the cover off.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1. What is 16 gigs not enough for
2. what are the timings of your current and new ram
3. is your current ram in dual channel, does the new ram support that
4. do the voltage requirements on all the sticks match?

Throwing slower or single channel ram you don't really need into a system already running in dual channel will probably do more harm than good.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ferremit posted:

Hooraaaaaay.... After already working out that our plantations are at their absolute limit for sustaining our current koala population and with the impact of the drought thats been going on for the last 5 months, I got told today that we're getting an additional 12 koalas in the next three months for breeding. Doesnt sound like much, but each koala will eat 60 pollarded trees worth of gum per year.

Time to magically pull another 700 or so trees in perfect condition out of my backside! Without any budget either mind you!

That sounds tough. However, consider the following: koalas are adorable and you get to work with them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KillHour posted:

That sounds tough. However, consider the following: koalas are adorable and you get to work with them.

Counterpoint: Koalas are dumb as gently caress and sleep 23 hours a day and they all have chlamydia.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Powershift posted:

1. What is 16 gigs not enough for
2. what are the timings of your current and new ram
3. is your current ram in dual channel, does the new ram support that
4. do the voltage requirements on all the sticks match?

Throwing slower or single channel ram you don't really need into a system already running in dual channel will probably do more harm than good.

MOAR IS BETTER, and I was sick of looking at RAM sitting on the shelf. It was just more of a "huh, I wonder if this will work.." moment.
No loving clue, the RAM is old enough that it's no longer on Crucial's website. I'm used to motherboards automatically catering to the worst stick, but there's a decent overclock going on the CPU, and a very mild RAM overclock. It might work if I run the auto overclock tool again, maybe?
Yes, and yes
Pretty sure. It gets through POST fine, and I can get into the BIOS settings. But as soon as the OS tries loading it goes to poo poo. e: just ran hwinfo64, yeah they're all 1.5v

This was just a "there's RAM on the shelf, I wonder if it'll work" moment. I don't NEED more than 16GB.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 1, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

But that's like "I saw some pistons sitting on the shelf so i added them to my engine"

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I NEVER SAID I WAS SMART OKAY

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I've lost track of the numbers of times my Citi cards have been frauded, but its usually the double cash. Got an alert this morning for the Thank You card, which, I'm 99% sure, has never been used for a face to face transaction or online at any questionable merchant. WTF. Hell, the card was "locked" to prevent any non-recurring charges from going through anyway.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Powershift posted:

But that's like "I saw some pistons sitting on the shelf so i added them to my engine"

Let me introduce you to the garage54 Russian YouTube channel...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Ferremit posted:

Wow that sounds really irresponsible, but hey now it’s your problem and not theirs! Funny how that works.

I also love how I’m expected to pull things out of my rear end to fix a problem :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

cakesmith handyman posted:

Let me introduce you to the garage54 Russian YouTube channel...

It's one of the best.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Wow that sounds really irresponsible, but hey now it’s your problem and not theirs! Funny how that works.

I also love how I’m expected to pull things out of my rear end to fix a problem :)
He has to placate the koalas and feed them lest they turn into drop bears and start seeking out new, Toyota-driving food sources.

Also, don't get them wet.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Booked John Wick 3 tickets today. UK gets it 2 days before the US for some reason... I'm not complaining.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I was looking on homedepot for a drain snake.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/roommates-snake-skin-white-pink-peel-stick-wallpaper/1001169300
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/roommates-snake-skin-grey-black-peel-stick-wallpaper/1001169298

these would be perfect for my sex dungeon bedroom!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

^ This guy fucks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh hey, my sump pump burned out. Not shocking considering that somebody set the thermostat to Noah.

But hey, another house repair/upgrade completed. Bought the Bulldog with the battery backup and secondary pump system. Will probably upgrade it with the external super battery in the future.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

KillHour posted:

You do realise that Koalas have razor sharp claws that are as long as your pinky finger right? And when they've been hand raised and mollycoddled their entire lives they expect cuddles on a daily basis. And if you dont pick them up for a cuddle, they will climb you for a cuddle. And they weight up to 12kg.

Powershift posted:

Counterpoint: Koalas are dumb as gently caress and sleep 23 hours a day and they all have chlamydia.

Yes, Yes and not ALL of them- Theres a few wild populations on islands like Kangaroo Island that are still Chlamydia free, and we've got a Chlamydia and retrovirus free breeding population which is what makes it so important. I have seen the arboreal mammal forget how to koala and fall out of a tree many, many times before.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Its very much a rock and a hard place problem- In the wild, you wont see a koala older than about 8. Because we're giving them the best possible care, we've got koalas that are 14yrs old. Problem is that the old koalas all have various old age ailments that makes it very hard to use them for public interaction for long times without starting to get into sketchy animal ethics problems, so we need to increase our population of younger koalas for public interaction. Problem is, our old koalas just wont bloody die, so our population is increasing, but also aging. Kinda like how the baby boomers wont loving die.

As long as we get some decent rain and I can get access to some additional sites where we can do wild forage harvest for the next few years while some new plantations come online we SHOULD be able to pull this off.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Ferremit posted:

You do realise that Koalas have razor sharp claws that are as long as your pinky finger right? And when they've been hand raised and mollycoddled their entire lives they expect cuddles on a daily basis. And if you dont pick them up for a cuddle, they will climb you for a cuddle. And they weight up to 12kg.

Yes, Yes and not ALL of them- Theres a few wild populations on islands like Kangaroo Island that are still Chlamydia free, and we've got a Chlamydia and retrovirus free breeding population which is what makes it so important. I have seen the arboreal mammal forget how to koala and fall out of a tree many, many times before.

Its very much a rock and a hard place problem- In the wild, you wont see a koala older than about 8. Because we're giving them the best possible care, we've got koalas that are 14yrs old. Problem is that the old koalas all have various old age ailments that makes it very hard to use them for public interaction for long times without starting to get into sketchy animal ethics problems, so we need to increase our population of younger koalas for public interaction. Problem is, our old koalas just wont bloody die, so our population is increasing, but also aging. Kinda like how the baby boomers wont loving die.

As long as we get some decent rain and I can get access to some additional sites where we can do wild forage harvest for the next few years while some new plantations come online we SHOULD be able to pull this off.

Are you trying to convince us that drop bears are real? Because you've buried the lead pretty well

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 1, 2019

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm now picturing a swathe of baby boomer gammon koalas, voting to have their tree separate from the rest of the forest and getting arsey when someone says they might not be able to have a triple lock on their leaf pension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

So, I'd like to ask you a question about koalas and public interaction, if you're okay with it.

A friend of mine asked about booking an "experience" (for lack of a better word) where you can either pet a koala or hold a koala, among other animals. I think it's at Disney, or in the area, but I'm not entirely sure. About how on the level are these with the treatment of the animals? I only ask because my family did the whole "penguin painting" thing aaaaand it was awful and we regret it tremendously because of how the penguin was treated.