Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for March, 2019?
This poll is closed.
:anarchists: Daniel Bryan (WWE Champion) 27 51.92%
:boom: Miyu Yamashita (TOKYO Princess of Princess Champion) 2 3.85%
Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 7 13.46%
Asuka (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) 2 3.85%
:troll: Charlotte (Smackdown Women's Champion) 3 5.77%
:lsd: Johnny Impact (Impact World Champion) 1 1.92%
Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) 1 1.92%
:megaman: Jeff Cobb (PWG World Champion) 0 0%
:laugh: Kagetsu (World of Stardom Champion) 2 3.85%
:baby: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Heavyweight Champion) 0 0%
:kiddo: Konosuke Takeshita (KO-D Champion) 1 1.92%
:riker: PAC (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 3 5.77%
:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (Raw Women's Champion) 0 0%
:one: These Champs are Crap (None of the Above) 3 5.77%
Total: 52 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In February, Daniel Bryan returned as Champion of the Month for the first time since April of 2014, which was after his incredible title win at Wrestlemania 30. Of course, for a long stretch of that time we thought his career was over and he was at best going to be a (hilarious, no-fucks-giving) authority figure. But he's back, he's a heel, he's the Champion again and it's all pretty goddamn great. His closest competitor was another heel, the despicable sack of poo poo Jay White who ruined Okada and Tanahashi's good times over the last year, but thanks to the (amazing) New Japan Cup, Jay White is not on the poll this month. Could this be the start of another multiple months run for Bryan (not seen on these polls since 2012, and before that 2006)? Or will this be another one-off before somebody else gets hot or pulls off a legendary title run like Okada in 2017/18? We'll learn this month if it was a one-off, because now it's time to choose the Champ for March.

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant. NXT is still at this current time a Development Brand only, and neither of its top Champions are included on the monthly poll for that reason. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread.

:anarchists: Daniel Bryan (WWE Champion) - Bryan is doing some of the best heel work of his career (which includes some spectacular highs) as he does everything he can to prevent Kofi Kingston from doing to him what he did at Wrestlemania 30, and ride a wave of popularity to winning the Championship. Paranoid, scheming, arrogant and half-crazed with fear of losing his title, Bryan has been spectacular even as the storyline has been overbooked and Vince McMahon has been needlessly injected into it. Perhaps enough to get your vote and win a second month as Rowdy Ringsports' Champion?
:boom: Miyu Yamashita (TOKYO Princess of Princess Champion) - Miyu prevented Yuka Sakazaki from achieving her dream of walking into AEW Double or Nothing as TJPW's champion and extended her record breaking reign to nine defences. In New York she looks to double her gold as she challenges SHIMMER Champion Allysin Kay and faces Maki Ito in a big January 4th rematch. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) - Some say that Miyahara - good as he is - is not as good as people make him out to be. But who the hell is to say what they genuinely believe or not? Certainly enough people liked him to laud his match against Naoya Nomura at AJPW Dream Power Series 2019 Tag 6 as a Match of the Year Candidate. Considering All Japan's still fairly small number of regular viewers here in Rowdy Ringsports, that certainly says something.

Asuka (FORMER Smackdown Women's Champion) - After Asuka's big victory over Becky to retain her Smackdown Title a couple of months back, she's largely been relegated to matches against Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville or left off (televised) shows completely. People were baffled, and some pretty angry when suddenly out of nowhere it was announced Asuka was defending her title on Smackdown RIGHT NOW against Charlotte... and lost. Whether mad, glad or sad about the result, few could dispute the match itself wasn't pretty drat great. But now Asuka's title reign has ended and she will not get to defend the belt at Wrestlemania.

:troll: Charlotte (Smackdown Women's Champion) - The same might go for Charlotte too. Allegedly at the moment the plan is for the title she just won out of nowhere to either not be defended on the show, or to be part of a "Winner Takes All" package where whoever wins takes... some, because the can only get the title of the person they pin. She'll bring her A-Game to Wrestlemania though, and if the plan is for the show to end with Becky, Charlotte, Sasha and Bayley posing in the ring with top women's belts maybe it'll all be worth it. But that's neither here nor there, if the few days at the end of the month are enough for you to vote Charlotte as the best champ then you can vote for her now.

:lsd: Johnny Impact (Impact World Champion) - JOHNNY WASN'T CAGE'S FRIEND AT ALL! IT WAS A TRICK! IT WAS A LOUSY TRICK JOHNNY YOU WERE ONLY PRETENDING TO BE A GOOD GUY JOHNNY :argh:

Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion) - Jay Lethal has been hounded by the Kingdom, but it was assumed that at the 17th Anniversary PPV result this storyline would finally reach its conclusion. Instead, Lethal and Taven went to a very surprised 60 minute time-limit draw, and are now set to resolve their feud at the Madison Square Garden Supershow with New Japan.

:megaman: Jeff Cobb (PWG World Champion) - Cobb defeated up-and-coming star Bandido at the PWG Two Hundred event to retain his PWG World Title.

:laugh: Kagetsu (World of Stardom Champion) - Kagetsu continued her reign and her rivalry with former friend Hana Kimura by defeating Hana's newest friend Goya Kong. Next the Prime Minister turns her attention to foreign affairs as she travels to New York. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:baby: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Heavyweight Champion) - The new face of the new Pro-Wrestling NOAH successfully defended his title against Naomichi Marufuji at NOAH Great Voyage 2019 in Yokohama, further cementing his position at the top of the revamped company.

:kiddo: Konosuke Takeshita (KO-D Champion) - March was a mixed month for Takeshita as he defeated newly free agent Jiro Ikemen Kuroshio and was successful in his first trip to the UK. However, he lost his 6 man championships to the Sendai Girls and now Meiko Satomura has his championship in her sights. His first task in April, however, is to see off the challenge of the former champion Daisuke Sasaki in New York City. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:riker: PAC (Open the Dream Gate Champion) - The Bastard King and his life 16 abs continued his reign back in his old stomping grounds, defeating Shun Skywalker at Dragon Gate Champions Gate 2019 In Osaka Tag 2

:corrupt: Ronda Rousey (Raw Women's Champion) - Ronda fully embraced being a heel and was all the better for it, as she beat the poo poo out of Security alongside her dirtbag husband, talked poo poo about Becky and Charlotte both, and successfully defended her title in seconds against Dana Brooke as the build to the first ever Women's Main Event of Wrestlemania in April.

:one: These Champs are Crap (None of the Above) - If, like the West Texas Rednecks, you think rap isthese champs are crap, or you just want to say None of the Above, or see how the votes have been laid out, here's the option for you.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Apr 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Psc

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Who do you pick, Jerusalem?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Daniel Bryan, he's magnificent and I want him to have the freedom to basically do whatever the gently caress he wants for as long as he wants.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
If people haven't seen Miyahara's defense from this past month they definitely should before voting.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Daniel Bryan is a corporate bootlicker, fascist shill, and fake leftist.

Breathe with the switchblade.

Also he had a defense on March 6th against Will Ospreay. Please add him

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 1, 2019

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Daniel Bryan is a corporate bootlicker, fascist shill, and fake leftist.

Breathe with the switchblade.

Also he had a defense on March 6th against Will Ospreay. Please add him

Anniversary matches are not title matches

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Anniversary matches are not title matches

In either direction, which is why Will's still the NEVER champ.

Although, wasn't there a storyline where Balor wanted Okada to put the heavyweight belt up in the match and Okada said he would if Gedo got a shot at the junior title?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
congrats to my man d-bry (still in my fav five) for winning this months poll and congrats to Kofi Kingston for winning next months poll

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i decided to vote later, right now this evening. i checked the results before voting and after voting, and my vote did not count. Stop gangstalking me and ruining my life

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One day down, 3 to go, and Bryan's lead is strong but not insurmountable.

Also don't forget to vote in the HHH of the Month poll!

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Well I was wrong about the whole Anniversary thing. Voted Kento because he has great theme music and his defense this month was amazing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hard choice between Pac & Kento Miyahara but ended up picking Kento.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2 days to go and Daniel Bryan's lead still isn't insurmountable, so don't forget to vote!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Like an idiot, I set the poll to expire at the very height of Wrestlemania weekend and basically every wrestling fan in the world traveled to New York to see exactly 4 million hours of (somehow all superb) wrestling and basically nobody voted in the poll this month. So it's actually kind of fitting that Daniel Bryan wins a second month in a row based on voter apathy, which he would claim is an example of how FICKLE the fans are. Bryan has two in a row now, but the poll at the end of the month is going to give him some stiff competition (and hopefully get more votes!)

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Can't wait to vote for my boy Lil Kazu again

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

Can't wait to vote for my boy Knife Pervert again

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
April looking like it's going to have a lot to choose from

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Publicly release the names of those who vote for Taven next month tbh, they don't deserve anonymity

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Next months poll is gonna have too many good choices

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Matt Taven too!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If Kofi doesn’t win next month I swear to God

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

If Kofi doesn’t win next month I swear to God

Against Okada? Okay chum.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Against Okada? Okay chum.

The first black WWE Champion since The Rock vs. another Okada reign? Yeah, pretty much

also Kofi/Bryan > Okada/White ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Venomous posted:

The first black WWE Champion since The Rock vs. another Okada reign? Yeah, pretty much

also Kofi/Bryan > Okada/White ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I wanted to have a fight about it I'd say "best wrestler in the world winning the best title back in the culmination of a well booked 9 month story > guy getting a long service award" but I'd just be being churlish.

Also I totally want to save that argument for the thread next month :agesilaus:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He got cocky and overconfident and lost. Then he got not cocky and won.

Thank you, Japanese Roman. You truly overcame great hardships.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Daniel Bryan is a far better wrestler than Okada tho, and he worked far better with Kofi than Okada worked with White, but w/e

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

alright i guess i'll accept this as the new ric flair vs bret hart argument that was everywhere in the mid 2000s

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bret was never even close

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Predicting it'll be Kofi over Okada, Okada over Becky

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Becky's votes should count for double.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Predicting it'll be Kofi over Okada, Okada over Becky

You're probably right, the only chance I see for Kofi not winning is if Becky splits the WWE fan vote. It's clearly a feel good moment for a number of reasons, not least of which is just he's been a popular guy who never felt like he got a fair go at it for over a decade now. First African born WWE champion (and presumably of any major wrestling promotion). And he both won it in a match everyone seems high on and that I have to check out.

I'd not put it past the WWE to manage to squander the feelgood moment and optimism from it before the month ends but for the time being he's a solid favourite.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

For all the talk about NXT not being part of this poll, it's probably for the best. If Gargano was eligible next month, it wouldn't be impossible Becky doesn't even get the second-most votes from the company. His show-closing moment got a lot more praise even in the thread than Becky's

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lol the WWE chuds and cop callers are already whining about the April vote and showing their insecurity by trashing other promotions

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lol at people doing the thing I do.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Lol the WWE chuds and cop callers are already whining about the April vote and showing their insecurity by trashing other promotions

Lol the Bushiroaders are already whining about people liking good WWE matches and showing their insecurity by not letting people prefer things to other things

if it makes you feel better, I’ve never given money to the Big Trump Fundraiser ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm a proud snitch, gently caress the wwefans :smug:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
As double champion, Becky clearly has to be on the poll twice. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It's okay guys. You're ALL wrong. It's time to vote for the MEGADOUBLECHAMP Miyu Yamashita next month.