Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Back when livejournal was still a thing, I remember finding this one huge collection of weird rear end Band of Brothers/Jonas Brothers fanfiction. I think it was linked from one of the old tumblr/weird internet people threads here. The Band of Brothers guys were all teachers at this boarding school that the Jonas Brothers and other disney people attended. I think there were also ones where Nick Jonas is in WW2 and then falls in love with one of the Band of Brothers guys and then dies tragically. Yeah, I read some of them because it was too weird not to. What was it about that combination that made someone create an entire universe about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Back when livejournal was still a thing, I remember finding this one huge collection of weird rear end Band of Brothers/Jonas Brothers fanfiction. I think it was linked from one of the old tumblr/weird internet people threads here. The Band of Brothers guys were all teachers at this boarding school that the Jonas Brothers and other disney people attended. I think there were also ones where Nick Jonas is in WW2 and then falls in love with one of the Band of Brothers guys and then dies tragically. Yeah, I read some of them because it was too weird not to. What was it about that combination that made someone create an entire universe about it?

tbh that sounds a lot better than Riverdale

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pick posted:

the book Ship It! has a plot point where a fangirl gets to travel around the country with the actors on her favorite show because she pointed out at a convention that it's wrong for the characters to not be loving, and in her travels w/ them she writes fanfiction about the actual ACTORS loving, which leads them to realize that she was right all along and they should gently caress. this is original fiction btw.

Convinced To Get Pounded In The Butt By My Fan Fiction Writing Fandom is one of the lesser known but better Chuck Tingle novels

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Well, yeah, that's what the people who started making all these troll nominations are trying to say with them.

S'what made Chuck Tingle extra-famous, btw. They nominated his books.

Actually the people making all the troll nominations are loving MRA Redpill CHUDS protesting the nomination of women and minorities into the Hugos and I believe Chuck Tingle wrote a parody book about them because he thinks they're loving goobers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I mean the reality is that the people who got nominated were the people who program and maintain the site, to reveal the catch, and they probably deserve it for what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Pick posted:

not even close

the longest fic on ao3 is apparently

RPF means "real person fic" so I guess this is for cars. it's currently 3,611,196 words long.

Friendly reminder that Proust's À la recherche du temps perdu is "only" 1.27 million words, and that at 3.6 million words this RPF is quite possibly the longest published novel in history.