Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That is correct

I guess you could say Harley boomers want aesthetics at the expense of function, ADV dads want function at the expense of aesthetics, and goldwing grampas are a hybrid middle ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jazzzzz posted:

need to get some of those chromed plastic rotor covers for the front wheel, preferably with extra marker lights. really improves the aero

I'll have you know those are factory pieces

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Beve Stuscemi posted:

post your bike far from home

There's almost nowhere in Massachusetts to ride offroad.

I may have slightly overdone it.

Post your bike at a location where you would need to use change.

Like a laundromat, arcade, or anti-personnel mine construction facility.

Or, yknow, wherever you want to annoy a cashier.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Post bike outside a strip club. Or maybe just a hooters. Or any place that’d raise a partner’s eyebrow, really.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Apologies for the photo of a generic townhouse that requires an explanation, but this is the address for Good Times Strippers out of Pismo Beach CA. Google reviews says the dancers do private events and will make me feel special.

Good job to the masshole getting way out there looks crisp as hell.

Post bike lined up outside a Tractor Supply with the other power equipment. Or Harbor Freight, Home Despot, etc

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
Is it just me or does that top case look photoshopped?

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

T Zero posted:

Is it just me or does that top case look photoshopped?

I thought so too but after zooming in I think it's just bizarro reflected lighting and the edge lining up perfectly with the seat making it look weird

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The box looks artificially good because of the contrast provided by the klr

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Excellent catch, I did in fact Photoshop a lovely box on there as it would raise my girls eyebrow.

Here's bonus footage of Cholula's only test ride, feel free to speculate about how cruel and horrible it was.

https://vimeo.com/882642434

pimpbot
Apr 30, 2005
neeej!!!
College Slice

Shuka posted:

Apologies for the photo of a generic townhouse that requires an explanation, but this is the address for Good Times Strippers out of Pismo Beach CA. Google reviews says the dancers do private events and will make me feel special.

Good job to the masshole getting way out there looks crisp as hell.

Post bike lined up outside a Tractor Supply with the other power equipment. Or Harbor Freight, Home Despot, etc

My agricultural implement saying hello to the other tractors.

Post your bike next to a steam locomotive.
or something else Steam-powered, I’m not picky

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

The whole world runs on steam power :ssh:

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Technically a steam-powered snowplow, but close enough. At the Northwest Railway Museum in Snoqualmie, WA:

"Rotary Snowplow #10 was built in 1907 by Alco-Cooke for the Northern Pacific Railway. It was used to clear snow from the railway line over Stampede Pass in Washington's Cascade mountain range."

Post your bike in a winter wonderland!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I was considering being a wiseass and posting a shot of my Steam Deck on the bike but I'm glad I didn't because your picture owns.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was literally going to do the same thing lol

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Yeah that photo is bitchin.

Winter wonderland? Well here in MA it's been about 40 and raining for most of the month. Best I've got is a muddy wonderland.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat
It hasn’t really snowed in Toronto. It’s been a sad soggy Christmas.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Yeah it was almost 60F today (and dry), made for a real nice ride. Thanks El Niño!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

We’re just having sort of an eternal Fall here in Wisconsin. 40-50-ish every day it seems

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

We’re just having sort of an eternal Fall here in Wisconsin. 40-50-ish every day it seems

Where did the eternal Fall end, and the early Spring begin?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just before and after the precisely one week of winter that we got, respectively

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Just before and after the precisely one week of winter that we got, respectively

remind me of this when it snows twenty inches next month

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Best I could manage:

Post your bike in front of a palm tree, real or fake.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

bizwank posted:

Best I could manage:

Post your bike in front of a palm tree, real or fake.

Finally found a palm tree. I was gonna give up and take the hour to go to the South Carolina border when I spotted this behind a construction area.

Let's go for something easy: your bike near a real blooming plant.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Finally found a palm tree. I was gonna give up and take the hour to go to the South Carolina border when I spotted this behind a construction area.

Let's go for something easy: your bike near a real blooming plant.

That's pretty easy, this place is lousy with cherry blossoms at the moment.

This from some random back street near the self serve car wash I went to.

Keeping things hopefully easy, how about a pic of your bike dirty/getting dirty OR a pic of your bike getting cleaned! Yes, if your driveway is as far as you made it to get it clean, that's fine!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Keeping it easy, show us your bike looking its absolute best.

MSPain
Jul 14, 2006
you took your bike to Windows XP, how nice

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that could literally be windows xp hill. i forget where csb is now but That Hill is right here in the bay area

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Bliss hill is over by hwy 12 near Sonoma. I rode by it maybe 2 weeks ago lolol.
38.249069, -122.410126.

I'm a few miles east of Lake Berryessa.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 31, 2024

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MSPain posted:

you took your bike to Windows XP, how nice

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Warshed muh bike

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

A MIRACLE posted:

Warshed muh bike

I like your bike. It’s very red.

Please post a new challenge, one I can actually do, preferably. I’m not about to wash my bike, who has that kind of time when you could be out riding or shitposting on the internet.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’d be lying if I said I’d hasn’t crossed my mind to give folks a sixer when they admit to washing their bikes.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Strife posted:

I like your bike. It’s very red.

Please post a new challenge, one I can actually do, preferably. I’m not about to wash my bike, who has that kind of time when you could be out riding or shitposting on the internet.

Ok, go ride up a state highway until you see a Vista Point sign, pull over and take a pic of your bike in front of the vista

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I’d be lying if I said I’d hasn’t crossed my mind to give folks a sixer when they admit to washing their bikes.

I've been convinced by a mechanic of the merits of washing your bike:

1. It makes you inspect your bike.
2. Even if you don't know how to identify specific problems, you can still spot changes in seeping, wear, spray, and dust patterns.
3. Keeping grime off moving parts makes them last longer and perform better.
4. Purdy bikes are purdy.

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

I don’t care if it’s wrong, that bike is getting a wash after any reasonable amount of off road work

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't wash my bike. Parts will fall off.

I keep the chain and other high filth areas relatively clean. That gungy spot nobody cleans on the inside of the swingarm? Yeah I'm judging you.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

"keep the shiny side up!"

Dude who just spent hours washing and polishing his belly fairing and the bottom of his swingarm:

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

I wiped down my wheels last week but only cause it's getting sunny and hard to ignore how dirty they were. I occasionally make sure my dash and mirrors are clean too, that's about it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You don't have to spend every weekend polishing your motorcycle with a diaper, but it is a good idea to periodically remove road grit that might scratch the paint, and to wash off any oil or fluid residue that could prevent you from noticing a leak. Also if you scrub down the oily parts every other month or so, the gunk comes off much more easily than if you let it bake on there for five years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I didn’t buy the super shiny edition just to leave it covered in winter road grime, dammit.

I basically never washed any of my lovely cars over the years, but my bike is just so loving pretty. I accept any shame this brings upon my house.