Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLe9zVZpz88CVy9KDzJP

It is a dark time in the galaxy. The JEDI ORDER has been destroyed and knowledge of the FORCE is all but lost.

Only a handful of people sensitive to the Force remain, scattered across the stars, ignorant of their destiny.

Humble scholar Hethan Romund has preserved a fragment of the heritage of the Jedi. Traveling the galaxy, Romund stumbled across a number of people still strong in the Force and offered them what wisdom she could.

Now, Romund has been captured by MALEFAX, a servant of the dark side of the Force. Compelled by Malefax to lead him to a lost temple rich in ancient knowledge, Romund has sent a signal to several of the Force-sensitive allies she has made over the course other career.

Drawn together to rescue their mentor, these Force Sensitives now climb the snow-clad slopes of MOUNT TELLEC on the Outer Rim planet Spintir....

----

Welcome to Star Wars: Force and Destiny, a slightly more narrative RPG focused on the trials and trevails of five force users! As you might have guessed, I am looking to get FIVE players, of differing races and specializations, to rescue their mentor from the clutches of yet another Sith with a dumb loving name. We will be starting with a canned adventure to sort of flesh things out and get a feel for the game.

For those who have never played before, the game uses special dice (which Orokos.com supports) which, rather than have numerical values, specify whether you have generated successes, failures, advantages, threats, or triumphs and despairs. All of these are used for a narrative effect on combat and the like, which can mean maybe you don't do a ton of damage to a guy due to a lack of successes, but you sure shot that pistol out of his hand with advantages.

Force and Destiny uses what is called Morality rather than Obligation or Duty, which is essentially a scale of 1 to 100 on where you fall in regards to the light side and the dark side of the force. You have Emotional Strengths and Emotional Weaknesses, which play into how you deal with Conflict and the urge to go the easy route to power via the dark side. Dropping below 30 forces you into the dark side, with negative effects to that, and going above 70 shows you are on the light side, with some positive mechanical effects.

In regards to character creation, I am allowing all of the homebrewed races within reason; I don't expect a Force Sensitive droid, for example, and yes I am aware of Skippy but no you can't be Skippy. We are going to stick to the at least partially organic races for this. Everyone's Morality will start at 50, and rather than allow you to modify this, I will simply give everyone either the 10 XP, 2,500 credits, or the 5 XP and 1,000 credit choice. I'll allow for morality alteration, if you desire it, after we get through the first little stretch of the campaign, which isn't super long and is more of a tutorial. As you may have seen in the opening crawl, you are all padawans to a single Jedi mentor, who has somehow survived the purge; I'm going to say this game is set sometime around A New Hope, so the Death Star hasn't yet been revealed.

Since it was asked, you may purchase a training lightsaber to start, but you will be given the opportunity to actually craft your own lightsaber at some point after the rescue when we move into the meat of the campaign.

I will have the recruit up for about a week or so, and then I will make my selections and go from there. If you have any questions or want to discuss the game, you can find us in the Acolyte Discord, in #padawans-ffgswad channel. I'd end this with saying may the force be with you but that's lame.

e: gently caress i spelled padawans wrong in the title, gently caress

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Shade, Gank Hunter

From the earliest days on Nar Shaddaa, hunting down bounties for the Hutts with her pack, Shade has always felt a presence calling her. The ways of the Gank are mysterious to most, for good reason, but it's fair to say that not even her brothers and sisters in arms could understand what she felt. She tried to explain it, a number of times, but to no avail. It wasn't until her last, fateful job that the source of this presence became evident.

The hunters had tracked down their latest prey — small-time smugglers who'd decided to improve their margin by cutting out the Hutts — to a small docking bay off one of the more mainstream spaceports. The team, as one, spread out and prepared for a breach and clear. Standard. Smooth. Just like the ones they'd done dozens, if not hundreds, of times before. The signal was given, the breaching charges popped the doors in unison, and Shade helplessly tried to get everyone to scrub the mission and reevaluate. In a world of people having bad feelings about something, she'd just had the worst.

As the smoke cleared and stun bolts lanced in towards the smuggling ship, the reason for that feeling became most evident: these weren't small-time smugglers at all. This was an Imperial black-ops team... and they were armed to fight a war. The coordination of the Gank is something out of legends, owing to their untraceable communications, but not even they can deal with assault droids and gun emplacements while geared for a capture mission.

By the time all was said and done, Shade was the sole survivor. Bereft of a pack and without prospects. She traded work for passage towards the outer rim, as much to escape her shame as to avoid any further Imperial entanglements, and that was where she met Hethan Romund. The scholar quickly identified the spark of the Force inside Shade and, sensing the great loss she must have suffered, offered her a chance to train in a grander tradition: a small holocron, damaged by the years, and an equally battered saber meant for younglings and padawan.

Shade, perhaps desperate for meaning more than anything else, accepted. She found refuge in the mountains of Spintir, as it happens, and learned in solitude. More accustomed to a good blaster than an elegant weapon from a bygone era, it would be safe to say that initial forays into the Ataru style did not go as planned. Luckily for all involved, training sabers don't have quite the propensity for grievous wounds. More injuries to pride and dignity than anything.

As the months turned into years, Shade finally began to understand the ancient lessons. She could take down a pack of icewolves in a single blur of motions. The thought of going back into society began to ring in her head, as did that ominous presence that presaged this phase of her life, and her commlink began to beep with an S.O.S.

Romund was in trouble.

pre:
Career: 						Seeker
Specializations:					Ataru Striker

Derived Attributes:
Wounds							12
Strain							12
Defense							0
Soak							3

Attributes:						0/115
Brawn 						 	2
Agility 	 					4 (-70)
Intelligence 	 					2
Cunning 					 	3 (-30)
Willpower					 	2
Presence					 	2

Skills:
Ranged (Heavy)				 		1 (Career)
Survival						1 (Career)
Vigilance						1 (Career)
Lightsaber						1 (Specialization)
Perception						1 (Specialization)
Discipline						1 (Race)
Cool							1 (Race)

Talents:
Jump Up							1 (-5)
Ataru Technique						1 (-10)

Alignment:
Morality						50
Strength						Bravery
Weakness						Coldness

Gear: 							195/1600
Training Lightsaber					400
	6/-/Engaged/1/5/Stun Damage
Nomad Greatcoat						100
	0/1/1/0/4/Lower Resilience diff for cold by 1, remove setback from cold sources
Mk. III Modular Backpack + 6x Extra Pockets		105
	Encumbrance threshold +8
Wilderness Survival Kit					350
	Everything you'd need to go space camping
6x Stimpack						150
	Heals 5 wounds, less per additional use in a day
Gank Comm Implant					250
	Can communicate silently with other Gank
Comlink (Held)						50
	Can communicate with normal people

Tricky fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 12, 2019

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I will apply to every star wars game. Thinking either some kind of doctor, or a talky type.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

An intuitive sense for tactical thinking goes a long way for a youth taking part in simple gang disputes. A young adulthood tempered by a string of sponsors and mentors who could recognize a promising talent? Well, you end up with a voice on the field as dangerous as any weapon.

Life on Corellia had been good. Security consulting was a burgeoning business, and if you asked for a recommendation on who to go to for tactics training? Telsu Lemm's name would come up first, at least after you had discarded the first handful of options for being much too expensive.

Credits were flowing, contracts were consistent, debts had been paid, and nothing could go wrong. At least not until Hethan Romund's call for help brought her back into his life.

It had been well over five years since his most impactful of mentors had last made an appearance. It'd be a lie to say there wasn't any lingering resentment over being abandoned to his own devices, but it was hard to hold it against her. Telsu knew she had students elsewhere in the galaxy that needed tending to, and he'd more than benefited from the lessons she'd given.

While he'd always had a head for fighting, and his other mentors had honed that to a point, it was Hethan that had taught him how to actually wield his talents. Revealing his inherent talent with the Force had been an eye opening experience to be sure. Directing the flow of combat had been an easy task before, but now it was an almost thoughtless effort.

Taking a sudden leave of absence to go and save his mentor would likely upset his clients, but they'd get over it. Or, perhaps, they'd send someone to kill him, he wasn't really sure. He hadn't skipped out on a contract before now and curiosity wouldn't lead to him back to see how they reacted. Telsu Lemm had a debt to pay and he wouldn't leave Hethan in the lurch when he was able to help. If she wanted him to watch the backs of some of her other students during this rescue? Well that's just what he'd do.

pre:

Name:           Telsu Lemm        Morality: 50
Species:        Human             Strength: Pride
Career:         Guardian          Weakness: Arrogance
Specialization: Warleader
XP: 0/115

Characteristics
Brawn:   3        Agility:   3    Intelligence: 2          
Cunning: 3        Willpower: 2    Presence:     2
Force:   1

Derived Attributes
Wounds:  13/13        Strain: 12/12
Defense: 3R/3M        Soak:   4

Skills
Astrogation 0:  0P/2A    Athletics 1:    1P/2A    Brawl 0:       0P/3A
Charm 0:        0P/2A    Coercion 0:     0P/2A    Computers 0:   0P/2A
Cool 0:         0P/2A    Coordination 0: 0P/3A    Core Worlds 0: 0P/2A
Deception 0:    0P/3A    Discipline 1:   1P/1A    Education 0:   0P/2A
Gunnery 0:      0P/3A    Leadership 0:   0P/2A    Lightsaber 0:  0P/3A
Lore 0:         0P/2A    Mechanics 0:    0P/2A    Medicine 0:    0P/2A
Melee 0:        0P/3A    Negotiation 0:  0P/2A    Outer Rim 0:   0P/2A
Perception 1:   1P/2A    Pilot (P) 0:    0P/3A    Pilot (S) 0:   0P/3A
Ranged (H) 0:   0P/3A    Ranged (L) 2:   2P/1A    Resilience 0:  1P/2A
Skullduggery 0: 0P/3A    Stealth 1:      1P/2A    Streetwise 0:  0P/3A
Survival 0:     0P/3A    Underworld 0:   0P/2A    Vigilance 1:   1P/1A
Xenology 0:     0P/2A

Talents:
Prime Positions 1: Self/Allies within short range enter cover
-Increase soak vs ranged attacks by 1 until exiting that cover.
Suppressing Fire 1: Self/Allies within short range.
Spend advantage on failed combat checks, once per round, to inflict 1 strain.

Force Powers:

Gear: 11/13 Encumbrance
Utility Belt
+1 Encumbrance Threshold
Cryoban Rifle 4 Enc
R(Light) | Dam 6 | No Crit | Medium Range | 1/1HP
Ensnare 1(Active)-  Spend advantage to immobilize target 1 round. 
-Can't take manuevers. Hard athletics Action to escape.
Pierce 5- 0 Vs armor that removes any setback vs Extreme Cold
Stun Damage
-Melee attacks against target struck in the current round add 2 boost.
Light Blaster Pistol 1 Enc
R(Light) | Dam 5 | 4 Crit | Medium Range | 2/2HP
Stun Setting
Cortosis Shield 4 Enc
Melee | Dam 0 | 6 Crit | Engaged | 0/0 HP
-Cortosis: Shield is immune to Sunder
-Cumbersome 3 Requires Brawn of 3+ to use without penalty
-Defensive 2: +2 Melee Defense
-Deflection 2: +2 Ranged Defense
Armored Clothing 3 Enc Worn
1 Defense | 1 Soak | 1/1HP 
Backpack
+4 Encumbrance Threshold
Thermal Cloak
Remove 2 setback for dealing with temperature extremes.
Glow Rod
-Flashlight
Binders
Daunting Athletics or Coordination check to escape.

quote:

Racial Skill (Non-Career): Athletics 1, Stealth 1
Career Skills: Discipline 1, Resilience 1, Vigilance 1
Specialization Skills: Perception 1, Ranged (Light) 1

XP spends: 110 base
-90 Agility, Cunning, Brawn to 3
-5 Prime Positions Talent 1
-5 Suppressing Fire Talent 1
-10 Ranged (Light) Rank 2

Spending: 500 base +2500 bonus
450 CryoBan, 300 Light Blaster, 1000 Armored Clothing, 900 Cortosis Shield, 200 Thermal Cloak , 50 Backpack , 25 Utility Belt , 10 Glow Rod , 25 Commlink (Handheld), 25 Binders.

Post-Character Creation spending cash: 80+15 remaining= 95 Total Credits.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 13, 2019

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010

Kaden Tir, The Exile

"The Force surrounds us, passes though us. It combines all things. I am one with the Force, and the Force will guide me."

"The Order discovered me when I was just a few years old. I was too young to really remember, and too young to start the training yet, but my parents agreed to send me when it was time. They were so proud. Their son, the Jedi. I was almost ready to make the trip to Coruscant when the Emperor rose to power and destroyed the Temple. I remember being sad that I couldn't go anymore, but my parents saw what was coming. The Empire had killed all of the Jedi, even the younglings, and they would be coming for the kids like me next. We had to run.

"How though? We weren't wealthy, we didn't know anybody important. All we could do was sell everything we had and look for the next ship to the Outer Rim. Hethan saved us. She showed up out of no where and helped us get away. Stay wary, stay light, and don't stay anywhere for long: those were the rules. We learned to stick to the backwater ports and take whatever was available to get by. It was a lot of lean years.

"Hethan stayed on with us for a while, some to help out until we got on our feet, and some to teach me what she could about the Force and my place in it. I've always felt it, even when I was just a kid, but I was never able to explain it. She helped me really understand how to put it into words, how to shape it, and how it shapes the universe around me. She left me with some datachips of old Jedi writings before she moved on, and those have kept me going since.

"It's been years. I never really thought I would see or hear from Hethan again, but somehow she got a signal to me. It says that she is in trouble, and so it is time for me to come out of hiding. The Force is with me."

pre:
Background
Comfortable with Tech
One with the Force
Fleeing the Empire

Morality:			50
Strength:			Compassion
Weakness:			Hatred

Motivation:			Ambition - Become a Jedi

Species:			Human
Career:				Consular
Specialization:			Ascetic
Force rating:			1

Characteristics
Brawn				2
Agility				2
Intellect		        2
Cunning				2
Willpower			4
Presence			3

Skills
Deception              		1
Discipline			2
Knowledge (Outer Rim)           1
Knowledge (Lore)                1
Negotiation		        1
Vigilance			1

Talents
Confidence
Grit

Force Powers
Move

Derived Attributes
Wounds				12
Strain				15
Defense				0/0
Soak				3

Gear
Holdout Blaster		
Concealing Robes		
Handheld Comlink	
Datapad		
Stimpack			2

Credits				36

Spent XP			120
3 Presence			30
4 Willpower			70
Grit				5
Confidence			5
Move			        10

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 10, 2019

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Can I get the force without the destiny, or is it a package deal?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
yeah not sure what i'm doing for now tbh

quote:

Career: Warrior
Specializations: Starfighter Ace

Derived Attributes:
Wounds
Strain
Defense
Soak

Attributes: 90/110
Brawn 2
Agility 3
Intelligence 3
Cunning 2
Willpower 2
Presence 3

Skills:
Athletics
Astrogation
Brawl
Cool
Gunnery
Mechanics
Melee
Perception
Piloting (Space)
Survival

Talents:

Alignment:
Morality 50
Strength
Weakness

Gear:

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 7, 2019

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Suz Artool

pre:
Species:						Lannik
Career: 						Sentinel
Specializations:					Artisan

Derived Attributes:
Wounds							10
Strain							14
Defense							
Soak							

Attributes:						(30/100)
Brawn							2
Agility							1
Intellect						4 (-40)
Cunning							3 (-30)
Willpower						2 
Presence						2

Force Rating						1

Skills:
Computers						1 (Career)
Deception						1 (Career)
Skulduggery						1 (Career)
Streetwise						1 (Species)
Mechanics						1 (Specialization)
Astrogation						1 (Specialization)

Talents:
Indomitable						1 (Species)

Alignment:
Morality						50
Strength						Compassion
Weakness						Fear

Gear: 							1500/1500

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Reylon, Wandering Sathari

It's more than a bit strange to see a Sathari so far from Arbooine. Not only are they from a remote backwater among the Outer Rim, the Sathari themselves are reclusive and highly value family ties. To even think of moving to a different town on Arbooine would be seen as tantamount to abandoning one's family, let alone leaving the entire planet. And yet, Reylon found a way off his homeworld, and hasn't looked back since. What possible reason could he have for leaving his clan and his culture behind to venture off into the unknown?

Because he felt like it, if he had to answer. Also because he's a headstrong idiot who's instincts keep directing him to the correct path, which just makes him more headstrong.

For as long as he could remember, Reylon has always felt something gently guiding him in strange directions. It had worried his family immensely, but it always led him to something interesting, like that shiny rock or the neighbor's missing pet, so he continued to follow his instincts as he grew up. Eventually, he felt a pull towards the stars, towards something or someone that would want to help him, and so he left. It wasn't easy to adapt to the weird ways of all these aliens, and Reylon faced starvation more than once, but eventually he stumbled on Hethan Romund. He finally had someone who understood (somewhat) what was driving Reylon, and was willing to try and teach him.

Now Hethan Romund is gone, taken away due to some conflict Reylon doesn't really understand. Still, he found his teacher once, it shouldn't be too hard to find her again, right?

pre:
Name:Reylon
Race: Sathari
Motivation: Cause [Freedom]

Morality:
Emotional Strength: Pride
Emotional Weakness: Obstinance

Career: Mystic
Specializations: Seer, Makashi Duelist
Force Rating: 1

Characteristics:
Brawn:     2      Cunning:   2
Agility:   3      Willpower: 3
Intellect: 2      Presence:  3

Wound Threshold: 10
Strain Threshold: 12
Defence: 0 R, 0 M
Soak: 3

Career Skills:
Charm 1
Coercion
Cool
Coordination 1
Discipline 1
Knowledge (Lore) 1
Knowledge (Outer Rim)
Lightsaber
Perception
Survival
Vigilance 2

Non-Career Skills:

Talents:

Force Powers:
Seek (basic, page 302 FaD core)

Gear:
Light Blaster Pistol
Heavy Clothing
Backpack
Comlink (handheld)
Datapad
32 Credits

XP Spent [110/110]:
Presence 3 [30 xp]
Brawn 2 [20 xp]
Willpower 3 [30 xp]
Seek force power [10]
Makashi Duelist [20]
Pocket Money: 1d100 32

Astus fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 8, 2019

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
Sheet

What if I said that all conflicts should be resolved through single combat by champion? You'd say that's stupid. These days, I'd agree.

Five years ago, I would have argued with you. "What if the losing side ignores the result and starts a war?" you would ask. "A champion represents their society. If the champion lost, then their clan would also lose. This has the same result, with less bloodshed," I would answer.

Five years ago, the Empire came to claim our planet. We challenged them to single combat. They agreed. Our champion fought theirs. We won. They invaded us anyway. We lost. They took over the planet and wiped nearly all of us out.

I've been reflecting on this ever since. Our system wasn't just a method of conflict resolution. It was an extension of our culture, our belief in self improvement and the strength of the individual. And it only worked because the clans were all close to the same size. The Empire is much bigger. They believe in quantity over everything, that people are nothing but faceless gears in its machine.

I don't want to accept that. Neither does Romund. She knows there are other answers out there. I need to find them. And I need to find her.

pocket money: 46

pre:
Background:
The Outsider
The Duty to Tradition
Desire for Understanding

Morality: 50
Strength: Curiosity
Weakness: Obsession

Species: Miraluka

Career: Mystic
Specialization: Makashi Duelist

Characteristics:
Brawn: 2
Agility: 2
Intellect: 2
Cunning: 2
Willpower: 3
Presence: 4

Skills:
Charm 1
Cool 1
Discipline 1
Vigilance 1
Lightsaber 1
Outer rim 1

Talents:
Resist Disarm
Parry
Makashi Technique

Wounds: 11
Strain: 14
Defense: 0/0
Soak: 3

Motivation: Challenge – Meaning

Gear:
Training Lightsaber
Heavy Clothing
Comlink (handheld)
Stimpack

Credits: 46

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 14, 2019

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn Killik

Gotta keep reminding myself: at least I'm not on Coruscant. I'm climbing a mountain with a bunch of people I don't know and can't trust. I'm living in a galaxy ruled by an Empire that'd kill me once for being ugly and twice for being Force-sensitive. If I get to the end of this path, there's apparently going to be a Sith waiting there. I don't know anything about those guys, but the name's a synonym for Bad News. Everything I've been doing for the past few months goes against my guiding principle, which is Don't Be Dead Tomorrow. But hey, at least I'm not on Coruscant.

That's where I was born, although I never knew my parents. I was raised by a scrap dealer who really just needed someone with a small frame and instinctive curiosity who'd eat any red meat you put in front of him. Hey, a Devaronian orphan, how convenient. I'm guessing I stole 6 tons of scrap from competitors and customers while I was under his "care." Yeah, customers: he used to send me to "repossess" stuff from people if he thought they'd haggled too hard or insulted him or whatever excuse it was that week. He once sold the same droid to a guy three times. I was the one who caught the beating when attempt #4 failed, of course. Eventually I wised up that my guardian wasn't any such thing and bailed. From there, you know the story: petty thievery, gang work, smuggling. Eventually I picked up some talent at sabacc and spent a few years scamming suckers out of their credits. I didn't even need to cheat most of the time. I'd just follow my gut and it'd work out. I thought I was lucky.

So this lady shows up in my favorite sabacc den, by which I mean the one I hadn't been banned from yet. She sticks out like a sore thumb and she's winning big. So I swagger on over and I gotta tell ya, she cleaned me out but good. My choices were to walk out or do something I'd regret later, so I headed out the back and tried not to think about my blaster. She caught up to me half a hab-block away and shoved my credits back into my hand... along with a lightsaber. That got my attention. So we talked for a while, and apparently she was absolutely certain that my luck was no such thing, but evidence of Force-sensitivity. Can't say I wanted to hear it at the time, but it made sense. We went our separate ways, I went back to separating fools from their money, and I stuck that lightsaber in the most inaccessible place I had and tried to forget the whole thing. That worked out for a while.

Eventually, as always, things got out of hand. I ran into a sore loser with Imperial connections and I had to take a little vacation from Coruscant. Cost me most of my life savings, if you can call 'em that. I was in the middle of deciding which backwater hell I wanted to dig a hole and bury myself on when I got a message from my old acquaintance. And what do you know, I've got just enough credits to get where she wants me to go. Maybe there's something to this Force thing after all. I'll settle for living through this, but if I walk away with some new tricks, that wouldn't be so bad.

quote:

Name: Ozyn Killik
Race: Devaronian
Motivation: Ambition (Survival)

Morality: 50
Emotional Strength: Independence
Emotional Weakness: Coldness

Career: Sentinel
Specializations: Shien Expert

Characteristics:
Brawn: 2 Cunning: 4
Agility: 2 Willpower: 3
Intellect: 2 Presence: 2

Wound Threshold: 13
Strain Threshold: 13
Defence: 0 R, 0 M
Soak: 4 (2 +2 Armor)

Career Skills:
Athletics
Computers
Core Worlds
Deception 1
Lightsaber 1
Perception 1
Resilience 1
Skulduggery 1
Stealth 1

Talents:

Resilient Metabolism (Racial): Devaronians add 1 Success to all Resilience Checks
Street Smarts: -1 Setback on all Streetwise and Knowledge (Underworld) Checks

Force Powers:
None

Gear: (1480/1500 Spent)
Training Lightsaber (400)
Light Blaster Pistol (300)
Padded Armor (500)
Backpack (50)
Sulfur Inhaler (10 Doses) (120)
Comlink (handheld) (25)
Glowstick (10)
Stimpacks x2 (50)
Binders (25)
33 (20+13) Credits

XP Spent [95/100]:
Cunning 4 (40)
Willpower 3 (30)
Presence 2 (20)
Street Smarts (5)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 7, 2019

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Arkus "Bones" Mellikath

Every time he gets out of bed, Bones remembers the day he decided to walk away from his old life. He's not really sure if he stopped being one of Arkania's well-paid genetic artisans because of the kid dying on the deck in front of him or the hustling orderlies being berated by their supervisor for allowing "refuse" to stain the ground in front of a senior doctor, but 6 hours after he finished rinsing the bile out of his mouth he stepped on the next freighter to anywhere and never looked back.

The next few years were trying, humbling, and educaitnal. He lost patients in clinics so filthy he wouldn't butcher an animal in them, and caught beatings from gangers who he wouldn't have even believed existed back in the gilded cage of Arkania's upper levels. But for everything serving the poor took from him, it gave something back. Arkus Mellikath saved more lives in one year of itinerant labor than he did in a decade of seeing to the needs of the great and good of the upper crust. What he lost in wealth and comfort, he regained in dignity and some measure of self respect.

Maybe that's why Hethan found him. Bones had already gotten used to the idea that he could learn from someone younger than him the first time he saw a splint made from scrap cuttings, but she had a deeper lesson. Everything happens for a reason, she said. Suffering exists to teach compassion. You can heal the galaxy, one patient at a time -- if you have the courage. If you're willing to listen, long enough, hard enough, louder than your own pride, then the Force will show you the way.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Chikhi Nahn'do

While male Devaronians are known to be solitary creatures, Chikhi could be considered solitary even for a Devaronian. A gentle soul at heart, he became disillusioned with living in cities after being continually judged and shunned for his appearance. He travelled across much of the galaxy, eventually settling down on the edges of civilization on the planet Takodana. There, he became largely self-reliant, living in a small hut a day's speeder ride from Andui, and kept himself busy studying the wildlife and collecting herbs to trade for supplies. His only companion was a small Convor bird he named Mena.

When Chancellor Palpatine enacted Order 66, Chikhi was completely overlooked - and himself completely unaware. He didn't even know he was Force-sensitive until he met Hethan Romund on a resupply run to Andui. He was almost immediately drawn to her lack of judgement of him, and agreed to accompany her for a time. Eventually he felt a need to return to his home on Takodana, although he promised Romund he would see her again.

pre:
Background: Quester

Morality:			50
Strength:			Curiosity
Weakness:			Disarray

Motivation:			Knowledge

Species:			Devaronian
Career:				Seeker
Specialization:			Hermit
Force rating:			1

Characteristics
Brawn				2
Agility				2
Intellect			3
Cunning				3
Willpower			3
Presence			1

Skills
Discipline  1  (Wil)
Knowledge (Xenology)  1 (Int)
Ranged (Heavy)  1 (Agi)
Stealth  1 (Agi)
Survival  2 (Cun)
Vigilance  1 (Wil)

Talents
Animal Bond: Force talent. Through the Force, the character creates a bond with a single animal with Silhouette equal to Force rating, rounded down.
Forager: Remove up to 2 Setback dice from skill checks to find food, water or shelter. Survival checks to forage take half the time.
One With Nature:When in the wilderness, may make a simple Survival check to recover Strain at the end of the encounter.
Resilient Metabolism: Devaronian physiology is naturally hardy and resistant to toxins. Add 1 Success to all Resilience checks.

Derived Attributes
Wounds				13
Strain				14
Defense				0/1
Soak				

Gear
Slugthrower Rifle   250
Creshaldyne Survivalist Armour   550
Emergency Medpack   100
Gungan Electropole   450

Credits				150

Spent XP			100/100
Intellect 3   30
Willpower 3   30
Ranged (Heavy) 1   5
Survival 2   10
Forager   5
Grit   5
One With Nature   5
Animal Bond   10

MaliciousOnion fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 12, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Rex Tol

Rex had a relatively normal childhood on Trandosha. His father was part of the Hunting Guild, and when he was of age he was going to join himself. While training for the ceremonial hunt against a childhood rival and being thoroughly bested, Rex's anger and frustration overwhelmed him and he felt himself tap in to a power he had never experienced. By the time he came to his rival was dead in front of him, covered not only in claw marks but electrical burns as well; Rex realized that he was sensitive to the force. After the previous leaders of the Hunting Guild were all but wiped out by Jedi and their allies, his people became fearful of the force and culled any children that showed sensitivity. Fearing for his life Rex fled his home planet, and through chance met with another force sensitive exile, Hethan Romund. Hethan taught Rex the basics of how to control his anger and the ways of the force, but she was unable to stay, as there were more people out in the galaxy that needed her help. Since his time with Hethan, Rex has been working as a bodyguard in order to keep himself fed and to continue to learn to control his anger through martial arts, but when he received her distress signal he abandoned his current employer and took the first shuttle to Spintir.

code:
Species:						Trandoshan
Career: 						Warrior
Specialization(s):					Steel Hand Adept

Derived Attributes:
Wounds							16 
Strain							12
Defense							0
Soak							6 (4 Brawn, 2 Armor)

Attributes:						
Brawn							4
Agility							2
Intellect						2
Cunning							2
Willpower						3 
Presence						2

Force Rating						1

Skills:
Athletics						1 (Career)
Coordination						1 (Specialization)
Perception						2 (Species, Career)
Brawl							2 (Career, Specialization)

Species Abilities:
-Regeneration
-Claws

Motivation:						Ambition (Enlightenment)
Morality						50
Strength						Bravery
Weakness						Anger

Gear: 						35/3000
-Shield Gauntlet (1500)
-Padded Armor (500)
-4x Stimpack (100)
-Mk. III Modular Backpack (75)
-Mk. III Modular Backpack Extra Pouch x6 (90)
-Wilderness Survival Kit (350)
-Climbing Gear (50)
-Comlink (long range) (200)
-Hand Scanner (100)
-58 Credits Pocket Money

Experience Spent (90/90)
-Brawn 4 (40)
-Agility 2 (20)
-Willpower 3 (30)

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 13, 2019

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Elena

Elena's childhood was easier than that of many Twi'leks under the Empire's rule, born into a settlement free of slavery and prosperous to boot. In her schooling, it quickly became apparent that while the girl would never be much of an athlete, or frankly all that good a student, she was still quite gifted. When Elena spoke, her classmates listened - this was the new game they should play, that was the role each person had in the group project, the other person had a new sibling they should go visit.

Hethan Romund's arrival was innocuous, at first. Visitors were frequent there, and she didn't stand out, a quiet scholar who spent perhaps an unusual amount of time with the community's elders. But Elena latched on to her, and started . . . changing. Not exactly a negative change, per se? But not entirely welcome, to those who knew her best. She matured, certainly, and put away her childish things. She was less driven, in her preferences, more willing to let others guide the activities of the group. Her temper cooled considerably, though she stayed just as quick to excite. The biggest shift of all, though, was much slower to manifest.

A gang swept into town, though they called themselves Rekk's Wranglers, and claimed to be a mercenary company. They offered a contract guaranteeing protection from any intruders, armed or wildlife, for a 'modest fee'. Nobody quite liked the sound of it, and most of their number were rather rough around the edges, making little effort to treat anyone with courtesy or respect. The elders put them off for a while, but it all came to a head at the town meeting, when Rekk himself demanded a vote, with his goons fingering their rifles and positioned at the edges of the arena.

Elena shut it all down. Told them 'we can take care of ourselves. That's what a community does.' Pointed out the town's militia, which had put paid to a raid just the year before. 'Go try your racket somewhere else, because it's not happening here.' Rekk lost the vote handily, and packed that night. It was near a miracle.

Too near, as it turned out. The Empire got wind of the incident, and started sniffing around for Jedi. Young ladies don't intimidate hardened killers by force of will, apparently. Six agents landed soon after, and we had a heck of a time getting her and Romund out under their noses. Wasn't exactly clear if either one was a Jedi, or if Romund didn't feel right leaving Elena to make her own way in the galaxy right away, but there it was.

The two of them traveled together for a bit, but it wasn't long before Romund wanted to move on, and Elena liked the place where they were. The call came as a bit of a shock to the girl, but she didn't hesitate to hit the road. She owes her mentor quite a bit, and always had a bit of a soft heart anyway.

code:
Species:						Twi'lek
Career: 						Consular
Specialization(s):					Sage

Derived Attributes:
Wounds							11 
Strain							14
Defense							0
Soak							1

Attributes:						
Brawn							1
Agility							2
Intellect						2
Cunning							3
Willpower						3 
Presence						4

Force Rating						1

Force Powers:
Influence

Skills:
Charm						2 (Species, Specialization)	
Cool						1 (Career)
Discipline					1 (Career)
Lore						1 (Specialization)
Negotiation					1 (Career)

Motivation:						Faith (Goodness of People)
Morality						50
Strength						Enthusiasm
Weakness						Recklessness

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
It was an incredibly difficult choice and I have waffled over my selection more times than I can count, and I especially waffled on taking a sixth.

But here we are, at last, with our choices.

https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/BLeo6zg-8GER3WpcEeEh

E: let me get some character impressions before the thread goes up

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 14, 2019

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn's impressions of the rest of the group:

Shade: "Has she been living here all this time? It's one way to get away from the Empire. Maybe I'll try that once this is over. No, I wouldn't be satisfied with that. Although I wonder how she maintains all those cybernetics here in the middle of nowhere."

Reylon: "He seems too casual about this at first. But he keeps aware of his surroundings, holds himself so he can easily reach his weapon. The way he moves is like the duelists back home, but I can't tell if he's had training. Either way, he's experienced. His demeanor could be an act."

Ozyn: "He's always moving so that no one is behind him. A survivor. Strange that he would go out of his way to put himself in danger like this.

Rex: "It's like looking into my past. But that part of my life ended badly. It's admirable the way he seeks discipline. Perhaps he also seeks meaning in conflict like we did. But none of that matters to the Empire. And these days, their truth is the one that matters."

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 16, 2019

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Ozyn Killik's Impressions

This is a weird crowd I'm stuck with. Seems like Romund really got around. Then again, I'm sure they feel the same way about climbing a mountain with a sabacc shark.

First off, we got Shade, the Gank. Frankly, they give me the creeps. I never worked any sabacc dens where they hung around on a regular basis. It's not that I'm afraid of cyborg assassins, it's more that when you see them, it means there's probably a Hutt nearby. Old gambler's truth: The Hutt Always Wins. Seeing one alone and apparently unaffiliated is somehow even more disturbing. It's like finding one mynock. Sure, it's creepy looking, but the first thing you ask yourself is where the other twenty are.

Then there's Reylon, who's a... Sathari? Never heard of 'em. Apparently they're a backwater species, don't get out much. Must be a little disturbing for them to see all those tropical critters that look like them... and are kept in small cages. This one's got a real wanderlust, but he seems pretty naive. I'll keep an eye out for him. I mean, obviously I come first, but I don't want to get dragged down because the bird from the sticks says or does the wrong thing to the wrong person.

A Miraluka, Itahn. They look human, but they see through the Force. Eyes are completely vestigial. I never gave the Force much thought until now, but that's a hell of a trick they've got going there. He seems pretty upset about the Empire, and hey, I get it. I'm not a fan either, and they're looking for me too. I'm just not in a hurry to go bloody their noses, because the Empire hits back harder than any of us ever will.

And last but not least, at least so far as size goes, a Trandoshan named Rex. Seems like he's an outcast trying to control his rage with force meditation? I approve, if only because I don't like the thought of hanging around with a 2-meter lizard who ISN'T trying to manage his temper. That being said, he's still a Trandoshan, so I'm going to endeavor to stay on his good side. I like my arms attached.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Rex Tol's Impressions

Shade: Rex is familiar with Ganks as they are one of the other few species as well known for being bounty hunters as Trandoshans are. This one appears already familiar with the environment, so she could be a good asset in finding Hethan.

Reylon: Trandoshans are known hunters and Rex grew up learning about all sorts of exotic fauna, but he has never seen anything like this Sathari. He empathizes with them being away from their home world, but is resentful that his was a forced exile while Reylon's was a voluntary semi-abandonment.

Ithan: Ithan's desire for self-improvement resonates with Rex. Despite his lack of sight appearing to not hinder him for now, Rex is still not sold on his ability to perceive as well as his sighted companions.

Ozyn: I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 16, 2019

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

This is like the fifth Star Wars game I've noticed a week too late, aaaaaaa

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Reylon's Datapad Diary

Shade: I can't help but feel something is a bit...off with her? She seems nice enough for someone who'd choose to live alone for years, but I don't feel like she isolated herself because she thought it'd be easier to learn.

Itahn: While I sometimes feel guided towards certain paths, Itahn is constantly using the force to see. I'm a bit jealous, but it probably wouldn't be appropriate to ask too many questions. He already looks exhausted.

Ozyn: He's doing the exact same thing my family did back home, maintaining just enough distance to say they're letting me make my own decisions while still being close enough to jump in if I need help. Yes I'm from a "backwater" planet, but I'm still an adult, and my digital guidebook has helped me plenty in learning how to deal with aliens!

Rex: I keep catching him glancing at my eyes when he thinks I'm distracted with something, which is just exceptionally rude! Four-eyed species aren't that rare, right? He might be tactless, but he does seem to genuinely want to be a better person.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Shade stands aloof, slightly separate from the group. The visor on her helmet sweeps the different angles of approach and potential threat vectors. It lingers on each member of the band in turn, though she doesn't say anything. She rarely does... though a small, grey repulsor-driven orb flits around her buzzing excitedly. C4T-HP, modified target droid and specialist in sapient-Gank relations, talks enough for the both of them. And, honestly, probably a good chunk of the rest of the band as well. Unprompted, the bell-like tones of the droid ring out as she begins to give her expert opinion on each of the Force Sensitives that Romund has gathered.

@Reylon posted:

"Ey! You got a real showy sort of feathers! You better hope this isn't a stealth mission or nothin', cause you're hard to miss! Shade says he's got a wicked-good sense of direction, though, so maybe he'll be handy."

@Itahn posted:

"Why do they let him wave that thing around?! He ain't got optics! That's an amputation waitin' to happen, mark my words."

@Ozyn posted:

"Shade says this one is wicked sharp and more than a little pointy. Direct quote, straight from her mouth. Don't believe me, huh? Why don't you ask her yourself?"

@Rex posted:

"Do Trandoshans eat droids? I bet they do... Oh, maker, he's looking this way! I'm too cute to be eaten!"

With that last pearl of unparalleled wisdom, C4T zips back into one of Shade's pouches. The Gank seems bemused by all that, if anything, though she doesn't break her vigil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
oh hey look it's the game thread over here, cool

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889692