Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Force yourself back on the saddle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

BlackMK4 posted:

I've been doing that driving all over hell in this rental Sentra looking at cars to replace my xB.

Was a bit nerve wracking at first but I'm getting back to normal I think.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I might wait until you get a little bit more comfortable with normal driving before you hit up the intersection.

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So the OP''s friend wants to return a car because his family is cryin' and whinin' about how they don't like it.

The actually loving solution here is to tell OP's spoiled crybaby family to get out and walk.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Krakkles posted:

I realize how people often take this, but you two should really consider therapy. While KYOON had positive improvement, most people aren't really geared to self-improve these processes, and it's often harder to fix later.

Therapy is a good thing, and it can help with this :)

I go once a week when I can manage it. The car nonsense is what pushed me over the edge to "my life feels unhealthy and I don't like it". Therapy is a good thing.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

BlackMK4 posted:

I tend to go the opposite. Why push things?

No harm in avoiding it if it's bothering you. Take your time, but if a lot of time goes by and it's still bothering you you'll need to take some action and deal with it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

No harm in avoiding it if it's bothering you. Take your time, but if a lot of time goes by and it's still bothering you you'll need to take some action and deal with it.

I get that approach completely, but I'm the type that tends to push it to the point of it being uncomfortable, getting out of your comfort zone and all that.

Like I've been going to physical therapy wanting to push it but they have to put on the brakes to get me to chill out. I like to push through the pain but apparently that's not good and they don't want to be held liable if I'm a dumbass and make it worse :v:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
That is like the exact wrong approach to any pt. It’s not even about being held liable necessarily, they want you to get better and if you don’t do what they say you won’t get better.

Zixie Draco
Jun 23, 2019

Just curious, who doesn't pick out their own family car? ...and then bitch about it to who helped them... Next, I expect they'll ask you who to vote for. Run away.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

LloydDobler posted:

I guess it depends on the person, I just prefer to get things over with earlier than later. I was unaware that there was physical injury here, so I take back what I said.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

That is like the exact wrong approach to any pt. It’s not even about being held liable necessarily, they want you to get better and if you don’t do what they say you won’t get better.

Yeah I totally get it, I'm just dumb and want to push through the pain rather than take it easy. Not sure why I'm like that now because I used to be a pussy when it came to any kind of pain lol. It's the broken ribs that are holding me back at the moment, he said it will be at least a month before we start doing ant kind of strength PT, now it's just all heat therapy and stretching.

And that's not even including my MRI results which should be in soon, if I have any herniated discs (which they are saying is highly probable) that's going to limit a lot too.

Just kinda sucks because I worked so hard to get back into shape after a bad shoulder injury and now I have an even bigger setback :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Joe Mama posted:

This is yet another example of why I don't help people with car buying advice any more. The main reason is that most people just want to see if your advice will reinforce their preconceived notions of what they already know they want.

Whenever someone asks me, their "guy with too many cars" friend, for advice on a car, I tell them to get a Prius, and when they object, I ask them how exactly is the Prius not the perfect all-round vehicle for whatever it is they need in a car. They generally stop asking me after that.