Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
my ford ranger is broken if you want to buy it i'll take bitcoin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

slowm posted:

i mean, yes? how much, i don't know crypto. like, 13 or 14 should cover it right?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

My truck does not run.

How does it smell?

Awful!

Manifisto

slowm posted:

a ranger eh? what level? how many hit points?

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Gifts

guess that's a new banner ad coming right up

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am learning how to follow forum rules it is time intesive guys, did you know?

nut

ya i guess eyor was a p good pooh character

Heather Papps

hello friend

i couldn't find my uv light so i had to use my phones led to write that.
then i found my uv light but i was banned and it was late but i can do a better job i swear

Heather Papps

hello friend

bee eater posted:

ya i guess eyor was a p good pooh character

when i was a young man, our family hosted a girl from the ukraine. there is this program that brings kids from the fallout zone areas to canada to let them have a summer to get the poo poo out of their bones, and like, eat a bunch of food, i guess.
anyways, katrien was bad at english, and generally a frightened little girl. it was not like a weird adoption thing, she went home afterwards. my aunt actually hosted the same boy a few summers in a row.
anyways, she gave each of us in the family a disney nickname because our western names were hard for her. my parents were mickey and minnie, i honestly can't remember my siblings nicknames. but i was eeyore. i had been struggling with depression since i was maybe 8 or so, and people picked up on it in the way they do, by picking a cartoon character or some sort of fictional caricaturization of a depressed person and then call you it. eeyore. squidward. droopy dog. etc.
and this is where i learned to use humour to process my dumb pain. if people were going to laugh at my misery, i might as well laugh at my misery as well, and if i can make jokes about my life that make me laugh, and make those who would laugh at me very uncomfortable, all the better.
this is the song of my people, byob.

Heather Papps

hello friend

alnilam posted:

its name is "oil filter wrench" which is really counter intuitive and hard to remember

i have been mad about this post for almost a week now guys. the tool is like a rubber band on a handle it is not something you would look at and be like oh yeah that is a wrench. anyways i just used my hand cause i am not a boy, but dang man, this one got me got me good.

Robot Made of Meat

Heather Papps posted:

i have been mad about this post for almost a week now guys. the tool is like a rubber band on a handle it is not something you would look at and be like oh yeah that is a wrench. anyways i just used my hand cause i am not a boy, but dang man, this one got me got me good.

There are specific filter wrenches, but you can also use a strap wrench (which I think is what you're describing).

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Robot Made of Meat posted:

There are specific filter wrenches, but you can also use a strap wrench (which I think is what you're describing).

in case you haven't noticed, i don't know

Escape From Noise

It attaches to a ratchet.

alnilam

I like this kind best it's quick and easy to use

but strap wrenches are probably more versatile. though I've used the above kind to open really stubborn wheel-style water/hose needle valves

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

interesting. i am not attemping anything beyond the most surface level poo poo alone, but i figured i could hand an oil change.

Heather Papps

hello friend

it was thunder storming last night so i couldn't get a good picture but this light works way better for writing.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i found glow in the dark duct tape at princess auto gently caress YES

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mortley

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
how r u doing that

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mortley posted:

Mortley's is back baby. He's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay so i invested too much psychic energy into my truck and it's a tulpa now?

any tips and tricks for stopping my brain from fully shattering?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Serious post-

If you have no oil wrench but you have the correct replacement oil filter, you can, in a pinch just stab the oil filter through the side with a phillips (cross point) screwdriver and unscrew it that way.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Splatmaster posted:

Serious post-

If you have no oil wrench but you have the correct replacement oil filter, you can, in a pinch just stab the oil filter through the side with a phillips (cross point) screwdriver and unscrew it that way.

this is metal as poo poo, but i just put my hand on it and twisted it off, getting oil on myself in the process