Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am listening to https://www.kunm.org/?fbclid=IwAR0MSvur-Vn7beGx0pKAOwUNmTKwegknpw1PgFlRXVTWVbd3SttGzbJlQjw while changing my old trucks oil, try and guess what i named my ford ranger when i bought it 9 years ago

also for real, should i like, take off my shirt and smoke while i do this this is my first time.

oh man i don't understand links did i doxx myself again gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

what is that tool called for taking off the filter? i have one, i can't find it.

is there a other way to do it? does anyone know????

oh also this is not my radio show by the way i am not that shameless.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish I could matrix style download car maintenance skills into my brain. Would save me lots of time and money and stress

Heather Papps

hello friend

you can it is called youtube. it just takes like, 5 minutes or whatever.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

i am listening to https://www.kunm.org/?fbclid=IwAR0MSvur-Vn7beGx0pKAOwUNmTKwegknpw1PgFlRXVTWVbd3SttGzbJlQjw while changing my old trucks oil, try and guess what i named my ford ranger when i bought it 9 years ago

also for real, should i like, take off my shirt and smoke while i do this this is my first time.

oh man i don't understand links did i doxx myself again gently caress

oh yeah i should have mentioned this is my first time doing this in my life help please help

Piso Mojado

no0b logic is to just dive right into an oil change without seducing the car first

alnilam

Heather Papps posted:

what is that tool called for taking off the filter? i have one, i can't find it.

its name is "oil filter wrench" which is really counter intuitive and hard to remember

ty manifisto

nut

i started using coconut for the smell

Piso Mojado

waht is the truck's name? Let's begin with that

Heather Papps

hello friend

Piso Mojado posted:

waht is the truck's name? Let's begin with that

norrin radd now try and guess the colour

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

norrin radd now try and guess the colour

gently caress this was my thread.

anyways guys a teenage boy i trusted sold me the wrong filter. time to go to canadian tire and try to return a slightly oily filter.

Piso Mojado

i get it now. this sounds way easier and more efficient than taking it in and having someone do it for you

Farecoal

There he go
i helped my dad change the oil in his car yesterday and as per usual it involved a lot of swearing and throwing things on his part and handing tools to him / silent resentment on my part. i even burned my hand!!

alnilam

Farecoal posted:

i helped my dad change the oil in his car yesterday and as per usual it involved a lot of swearing and throwing things on his part and handing tools to him / silent resentment on my part. i even burned my hand!!

the engine should be warm but NOT HOt

ty manifisto

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

changing the oil is really fun except for the used oil which is gross and dangerous. wait until you change the brakes, OP! you're gonna love it.
(unless you have drum brakes, which are guaranteed to absolutely destroy at least one thumbnail while fumbling to get the drat thing together because you don't have to tool for it and at this point the brakes are off so you can't drive to go and get one and OH MY GOD I WANT TO DIE)

Manifisto

I find it easiest to change the oil by pouring the new oil directly into the gas tank as soon as the old stuff is gone

I have never done this but it seems really easy, I don't know what you guys are complaining about

ty nesamdoom!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

make sure the oile gets all over the entire engine. you need to rub it in while the engine is warm and then after the engine cools down, wipe off the excess oil with a dry, lint-free cloth.

FreshCutFries

I heard if you drink the oil, you'll gain the strength of the car. just some food for thought

Heather Papps

hello friend

new filter time to try again

oh also, yeah no that makes sense i should pay someone twice what it costs to do a thing on my own

lemme guess you take your car in to put on winter tires lol lolllllll lol

or you are and i am being delicate, a girl

Heather Papps

hello friend

Thingyman posted:

I heard if you drink the oil, you'll gain the strength of the car. just some food for thought

interesting i do not know what to do with it once it is drained into the saucepan

Goons Are Gifts

Wait I thought trucks run on gasoline, what

Heather Papps

hello friend

did it.

FreshCutFries

:toot:

Heather Papps

hello friend

i am smoking a weed and drinking a big beer i bought on the way home from exchanging my filter. good thing the teenage boy was right, olive oil is the correct fluid.

alnilam

:toot:

Robot Made of Meat

I spent much of my formative years watching my dad fail at car maintenance while swearing mightily. When I got to be old enough, I did a better job of it, but still swore mightily because car repair is hellish and painful.

One day I realized that I had a job which paid me money, and that I could spend this money so that others could do a better job than I at something I loathed with a passion. They can even swear about it for all I care.

tl/dr: Pay others to do things.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

nut

pay me and i will change your car's oil. change it with what, you might ask, well you'll find out when u drive off the lot it's like a lootcrate exit strategy availabe now about iffy lube

Heather Papps

hello friend

Robot Made of Meat posted:

tl/dr: Pay others to do things.

i made like 11000$ CDN last year no thanks

Mortley

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
hey it's my radio show that heather listened to while changing oil. i referenced this dril tweet: https://twitter.com/dril/status/568056615355740160 bc of this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPADwU05OQ during it

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mortley posted:

hey it's my radio show that heather listened to while changing oil. i referenced this dril tweet: https://twitter.com/dril/status/568056615355740160 bc of this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXPADwU05OQ during it

this is my thread please leave

Mortley

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
Mortley's is back baby. He's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

Escape From Noise

I hope you removed the Fleshlight from the exhaust before you started or you have put you and your neighbors' lives in jeopardy (and not the kind starring Alex Trebek).

Heather Papps

hello friend

Mortley posted:

Mortley's is back baby. He's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

mortleys bbw sauce never left. it never stopped being tangy, sweet with just the right hint of heat.

but even though the sauce never left, it's back, and it is better then ever

awoooooooooo

FreshCutFries

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I hope you removed the Fleshlight from the exhaust before you started or you have put you and your neighbors' lives in jeopardy (and not the kind starring Alex Trebek).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjQgTuUnwU

Escape From Noise

Beyond classic.

Heather Papps

hello friend

so after i finished i made sure to rub all the leftover oil on the engine and now when i drive it smells very, very good.

Heather Papps

hello friend

okay so now i am fixing some rear bumper rust and the hole/scratches in my front bumper from when some idiot was turning left, and when i went to turn right onto his road he was all in my lane, and i couldn't dodge without going into a like a 6 foot drop into ducks unlimited preserve swampland, so he ended up clipping me lightly

when we got out and looked the first thing the guy said was "hope this wasn't your good truck."

[b]motherfucker this is my only truck]/b]

anyways he offered to buy and install a new bumper but i was new in the province and tired and terrified of social contact so i took his info and literally never tried contacting him, even when my boss, not annoyed by my lateness, told me he knew the guy. they kept asking but gently caress that i am more terrified of human contact than anything, especially in a wild territory like another human being having wronged me and like owing me for damages.
usually i gently caress other people over in my life i guess, or, if someone wrongs me i just forgive them as a way to avoid conflict but also because i think it is important.

anyways gonna make them spots glow in the darkkkkkkkk no one even tried guessing my trucks colour

Heather Papps

hello friend

my brother instead of coming to me and bring me food before i drove to toronto, decided that i should come to him because someone was coming to fix the i ce machine in his fridge

anyways long story short i didn't finish beyond stripping paint and rust and sanding, basically i did eveything but tape and paint and would have done that today if my lil bro was like, 10 percent better at organization.

Heather Papps

hello friend

gonna post pics of my glowbumper tonight!
it is gonna be cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

Heather Papps posted:

gonna post pics of my glowbumper tonight!
it is gonna be cool

usually u have to buy him a drink first!