Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for all of 2019?
This poll is closed.
:judas: Chris Jericho (AEW Champion) 47 45.63%
:homebrew: Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 16 15.53%
Kento Miyahara (Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion) 11 10.68%
:parrot: Kofi Kingston (WWE Champion) 5 4.85%
Adam Cole (NXT Champion) 3 2.91%
:anarchists: Daniel Bryan (WWE Champion) 3 2.91%
Yuka Sakazaki (PRINCESS of PRINCESS Champion) 3 2.91%
:mrgw: Bea Priestley (World of Stardom Champion) 2 1.94%
:fut: Hiroshi Tanahashi (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 2 1.94%
:stoked: Riho (AEW Women's Champion) 2 1.94%
:catstare: Mayu Iwatani (World of Stardom Champion) 2 1.94%
Asuka (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 0.97%
:clint: Becky Lynch (Raw Women's Champion) 1 0.97%
Ben-K (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 1 0.97%
:laugh: Kagetsu (World of Stardom Champion) 1 0.97%
:grin: Nick Aldis (NWA Champion) 1 0.97%
:supaburn: Seth Rollins (WWE Universal Champion) 1 0.97%
:joel: Switchblade Jay White (IWGP Heavyweight Champion) 1 0.97%
:nono: Bayley (Smackdown Women's Champion) 0 0%
:yowie: The Fiend Bray Wyatt (WWE Universal Champion) 0 0%
:boom: Miyu Yamashita (TOKYO Princess of Princess & SHINE Champion) 0 0%
:riker: PAC (Open the Dream Gate Champion) 0 0%
PCO (ROH World Champion) 0 0%
:zerg: Rush (ROH World Champion) 0 0%
:krakken: Shoko Nakajima (Tokyo Princess of Princess Champion) 0 0%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I can't remember who I voted for, but I did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

extradite THIS! posted:

I can't remember who I voted for, but I did

Good!

If I'm doing my math right (probably not) there's basically 22 hours left to get in your votes if you haven't already.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's actually 120 hours

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if everyone who voted for Chris Jericho had voted for Miyu Yamashita

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bumping with a reminder, there's a little under an hour left to vote if you haven't.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He's done it again. Chris Jericho, the master of reinvention, returns to the winner's circle as Rowdy Ringsports Champion of the Year for 2019. This makes him a two time winner, with his last victory coming 11 years ago, ironically at a time when the subforum was raving over the fact Jericho was somehow keeping himself relevant at the ripe old age of 38. Winning the inaugural AEW Championship in August, the back half of the year was dominated by Chris Jericho. He spearheaded the fresh new promotion, was their top rating draw and not only NEVER lost a head-to-head segment against NXT but also never lost viewers during any of his segments. He had great matches, put wrestlers like Darby Allin, Scorpio Sky and Jungle Boy over but never stopped being seen as a star the entire time. He expertly worked the audience into believing against all reason that maybe he and Hiroshi Tanahashi where the spearhead of a working relationship between AEW and New Japan, and took the AEW title with him to the Tokyo Dome for their massive Wrestle Kingdom show, even if the title wasn't on the line (but what if!?!). Jericho just gets it, more than perhaps anybody else in wrestling today, and the votes have come with it. Maybe this will be the last time he ever makes Champ of the Year, but his career has indicated that it's only a madman who ever counts Jericho out.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Worth noting that with champions from five different promotions (WWE, AEW, NJPW, AJPW, ROH), 2019 was the most diverse year for winners since 2015, which also had five promotions represented (WWE, NJPW, ROH, LU, DG).

It's interesting that even with WWE at an all-time low in popularity on the forum, people will still vote for champions that they personally like or are coming off a big moment (Bryan and Kofi this year, Becky last year). Yet that never carried over to NXT, which still enjoys some goodwill and got added to the polls after moving to USA, but none of the champions ever got any serious momentum, with multiple months of zero votes.

On a related note, first year with no women's champion of the month since 2015, when Bayley won champion of the year despite never being on the polls. Shoulda been you, Riho.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, Riho came extraordinarily close (ONE VOTE!) but it's a shame that such a diverse year for Champs of the Month didn't include any female Champions.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

congratulations to Mayu Iwatani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

What a bummer PAC got zero votes. His Dream Gate run was so loving good.