Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gluehuffer69
Jan 16, 2020

by Lowtax
In South Florida it will be getting insanely cold. Like 30s cold, that's right.

That means our cold blooded reptile friends will be falling out of trees. Please discuss tips and tricks to warm them up and get them moving again.

A friend is gonna put them in various neighbor's garages and unlocked cars but that just seems sadistic.

https://www.facebook.com/flyingrobotmedia/photos/a.1005312392884383/2720073938074878/?type=3&theater

gluehuffer69 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
tonight iguanas are falling outta trees

somewhere in this town

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

like a million sea birds died on the west coast cause its too hot for the plankton for the fish or something and the fish they eat are all dead so can we ship some of that heat that a way????

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

There was a cold wind blowing that night. It was one of those cold dry Iguana Droppers that come down the coast and curl your hair and drop iguanas in your hair and just iguanas everywhere, iguanas all up in your poo poo.

naem
May 29, 2011

gluehuffer69 posted:

In South Florida it will be getting insanely cold. Like 30s cold, that's right.

That means our cold blooded reptile friends will be falling out of trees. Please discuss tips and tricks to warm them up and get them moving again.

A friend is gonna put them in various neighbor's garages and unlocked cars but that just seems sadistic.

https://www.facebook.com/flyingrobotmedia/photos/a.1005312392884383/2720073938074878/?type=3&theater

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Just snuggle with them

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Florida: our lizards can't stay up.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jan 22, 2020

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
you'll need a poo poo-ton of electric blankets and extension cords

Posters Delight
Mar 8, 2018

CLOWN CRUMB
One of the least morally acceptable ways would be to gently caress the iguana. yet you can't deny that it would be effective

Posters Delight
Mar 8, 2018

CLOWN CRUMB
I had a Cuban rock iguana (unfucked, just to be clear) when young. She was extremely chill and enjoyed being pet. gave her away eventually to a guy who ran some kind of lizard nursery for a living (probably hosed her, I'm sorry to say)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If it was a nursery, he was probably a mod

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
You shouldn't gently caress iguanas ):

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Koalas turning into coal, iguanas falling outta trees, these are truly the last days

Posters Delight
Mar 8, 2018

CLOWN CRUMB

Nooner posted:

You shouldn't gently caress iguanas ):

I agree with this. In this case, the ends (getting an iguana to move around again) do not justify the means (loving an iguana). Nonetheless, such means (loving an iguana) do exist.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I had a friend in college that had an iguana at his dorm it was a tiny little guy with a huge long tail and he would whip the poo poo outta you with it if you tried to pick him up. Later he traded it to some guy he met at the pet store for a bigass motherfucker that was like body size of a small dog also with a long tail so fucker must have been like 3-4' long that was super chill and he let it just cruise around the dorm room free-range which was cool but I have no idea how his roommates were chill with that cause like wtf lizard germs all over the house not okay

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gluehuffer69 posted:

Please discuss tips and tricks to warm them up and get them moving again.
ill look down and whisper "no"

Posters Delight
Mar 8, 2018

CLOWN CRUMB

Nooner posted:

I had a friend in college that had an iguana at his dorm it was a tiny little guy with a huge long tail and he would whip the poo poo outta you with it if you tried to pick him up. Later he traded it to some guy he met at the pet store for a bigass motherfucker that was like body size of a small dog also with a long tail so fucker must have been like 3-4' long that was super chill and he let it just cruise around the dorm room free-range which was cool but I have no idea how his roommates were chill with that cause like wtf lizard germs all over the house not okay

I let the iguana I had free-roam more or less, just washed my hands after handling ofc. Anyways yeah green iguanas are little fuckers. I heard that rock iguanas are chill because they do not have natural predators in their habitat. idk how true that is

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Let them die OP, they aren't supposed to be Florida wildlife to begin with!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

this sounds true

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The same can be said of the residents

Posters Delight
Mar 8, 2018

CLOWN CRUMB
Seems like the choice must be made between loving them and letting them die. A dilemma worthy of the greatest minds

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

The same can be said of the residents
but thats already what we send people to florida to do. its time for the iguanas to... retire

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Posters Delight posted:

Seems like the choice must be made between loving them and letting them die. A dilemma worthy of the greatest minds

Surely there is some middle ground we can all agree on here.

Take the Iguanas on a romantic date, let the candlelight warm them up, then dump them back outside.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Posters Delight posted:

what if you stop at third base as a compromise

Posters Delight
Mar 8, 2018

CLOWN CRUMB

Robo Reagan posted:

what if you stop at third base as a compromise

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Surely there is some middle ground we can all agree on here.

Take the Iguanas on a romantic date, let the candlelight warm them up, then dump them back outside.

Quit it with this centrist whataboutism. Final warning

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Posters Delight posted:

Quit it with this centrist whataboutism. Final warning

No. You see, America is too darn polarized to respond to any crisis properly, even iceguanas. If we're going to come together as a nation and stimulate our politics back into action then we must learn to compromise.

Third base compromise.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
My uncle's rear end in a top hat terrier is going to have a goddamn field day when she sees paralyzed cold iguanas, she loving hates those things. Bad luck, iguanas.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
BAD DOG!

Posters Delight
Mar 8, 2018

CLOWN CRUMB
Someone needs to stop the rear end in a top hat dog from eating the iguanas. To be fair, I always thought those things would be good eating (and indeed sometimes are eaten). My iguana's legs and tail were dummy thicc

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

To be fair, Florida is not iguana's natural range. The green iguana population in Florida all probably came from people releasing pets. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about them passing out or dying from the cold. :(

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Apparently the green iguana population in Florida is bad enough that they are trying to exterminate them. :gerty:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/fl-reg-south-florida-iguana-invasive-damage-20180618-story.html

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the libs still complaining about climate change even though it keeps making things better!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Dying of the cold is probably one of the more pleasant ways for a cold blooded critter to go out.

gluehuffer69
Jan 16, 2020

by Lowtax
Ive saw two on the ground this morning. Hopefully they warm up soon. They didnt looked sexually molested so thats a good thing.

I know they arent native but who cares. Ecosystems are constantly changing and they mostly eat leaves flowers n poo poo. They are cool to look at too. Better than whatever dumb bird or whatever it might outcompete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gluehuffer69
Jan 16, 2020

by Lowtax
Besides descendants of released pets, a large part of the population is attributed to a big reptile breeding farm that got destroyed in hurricane andrew and they just thrive here. I welcome immigrants and ex pets/slaves in my state.