Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

Where do I get a high quality Stormtrooper costume? Note: I want to be a clone trooper, not a stromtrooper, so a good guy and not the space nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The first day of combat for the 501st was nothing like what I thought it would be...

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Anyone remember that MTV show where they tried mending the relationship between a dad and his teenage son using the dad’s love of Star Wars and they go to a SW convention and the dad wants the kid to cosplay with him as a Jedi and he fucks off to join the 501st?

And then his dad cried, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPryh3iNjrM

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Raere posted:

Where do I get a high quality Stormtrooper costume? Note: I want to be a clone trooper, not a stromtrooper, so a good guy and not the space nazis

They were always space nazis. Palpy just hadn't done his heel turn yet.

Think about that, Yoda led space nazis around.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ruddiger posted:

Anyone remember that MTV show where they tried mending the relationship between a dad and his teenage son using the dad’s love of Star Wars and they go to a SW convention and the dad wants the kid to cosplay with him as a Jedi and he fucks off to join the 501st?

And then his dad cried, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPryh3iNjrM

This dude has some powerful energy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

:hitler:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I worked with a guy who was in the 501st and it reminded me a lot of an MLM in that there were certain tiers of membership you had to pay higher levels for and also they had their own official printing company where you could pay a premium to get custom trading cards of yourself made and decals for your car and stuff. There were also a bunch of weird rules you had to follow and obligations to attend certain events if you wanted to remain in the chapter, it seemed like all the worst parts of being in a cult without even getting the peace of mind of believing in an afterlife.

e. It has the same gross energy as those Disneyland "social clubs" where people walk around the park picking up trash and acting like they're doing community service and not just enriching a for-profit media conglomerate.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

There's a chapter of these guys that show up at every convention in my region. I sat in on one of their panel things once and a guy in the square stormtrooper costume walked around the audience handing out signed trading cards of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Stormtroopers are just furries without the individuality or the sex