Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

:jerry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The people who made it are racist.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
It was inspired by old serials from the depression through the early '60s. Those were shockingly racist times.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
George Lucas was a spoiled rich white kid.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The real question is why no one challenges the Jedi when they spout racist poo poo and instead focus on the minorities in the story. One of the first things Qui Gon says is that Jar Jar is subhuman and he is only challenged on this by Jar Jar himself. Obi Wan just silently goes along with it. Then they go to Tatooine and try to rip off the local businesses with more shady Jedi tricks. These are not good dudes.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

ruddiger posted:

The real question is why no one challenges the Jedi when they spout racist poo poo and instead focus on the minorities in the story. One of the first things Qui Gon says is that Jar Jar is subhuman and he is only challenged on this by Jar Jar himself. Obi Wan just silently goes along with it. Then they go to Tatooine and try to rip off the local businesses with more shady Jedi tricks. These are not good dudes.

Dude lives underwater, obviously he meant submarine human.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The movie was filmed a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, so those aren't humans. They look like humans but they're not. They get mad when you say they are.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ruddiger posted:

He was exiled on pain of death by his own people.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

UltraRed posted:

The movie was filmed a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, so those aren't humans. They look like humans but they're not. They get mad when you say they are.
Is the idea they seeded our planet somehow. I'm sure there's been some YA EU novel where kids from Earth get transported to the Star Wars

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Daikloktos posted:

Is the idea they seeded our planet somehow. I'm sure there's been some YA EU novel where kids from Earth get transported to the Star Wars

humans were kidnapped from earth for Reasons and became the most populous species in the galaxy for Reasons

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

funniest post ever on CineD was SMG asserting that racism exists in Star Wars by challenging goons to call Mace Windu the N word.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

well why not posted:

funniest post ever on CineD was SMG asserting that racism exists in Star Wars by challenging goons to call Mace Windu the N word.
Hell, I'll do it right now

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I urge you to reconsider

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Daikloktos posted:

Hell, I'll do it right now

....well?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I don't think this is a good idea!

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

having your entire scifi/fantasy race be identical to the few individuals in your story is standard practice
and so is blatantly basing scifi/fantasy cultures on the cartoon versions of historical/RL ones

well poo poo. bad combo.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

well why not posted:

The real problem is when they made all the black people their own separate alien race.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Saint Drogo posted:

having your entire scifi/fantasy race be identical to the few individuals in your story is standard practice
and so is blatantly basing scifi/fantasy cultures on the cartoon versions of historical/RL ones

well poo poo. bad combo.

The Mandalorian

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

george married a black lady so i think you'll find that it's impossible for him to love filling his movies with old racist stereotypes from the 1930s, op

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

well why not posted:

Nautolan?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

george married a black lady so i think you'll find that it's impossible for him to love filling his movies with old racist stereotypes from the 1930s, op

just like lovecraft married a jew

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Nerf herder

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
old white people made it

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Space is racist OP. Talk to any astronomer and soon they'll start rambling about "black holes this" and "red giants that". What's up with that poo poo!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's spacist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
white ppl op