Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I go for 66-68F in the winter these days. Usually 66 unless I'm feeling really cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

Your wives hate you

My gfriend has a couple sweatshirts and wool socks over here.

Because winter settings are 65 during the day, 63 overnight. My natural gas company sent me a "Good job!" email the other day for using way less gas than the average, in a 2400 sq foot house. (all gas appliances)

I just keep Costco Sherpa Throws around in places.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It is literally hilarious what an easy thing it would be for you guys to endear yourself more to your spouses And there is absolutely no situation where I see that any of you are going to do it, even if your relationship is on the rocks

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

the trolls pretending to go under 65 in their own home need to fly away

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Pick posted:

It is literally hilarious what an easy thing it would be for you guys to endear yourself more to your spouses And there is absolutely no situation where I see that any of you are going to do it, even if your relationship is on the rocks

THIS. warm air ftw

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
warm body = warm heart

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I just get angry when I'm hot.
loving miserable trying to do anything productive when you're all sweaty and poo poo.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
I don't understand why so many people itt have expressed that they get profusely sweaty sitting around the house in 70-75F

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
setting my old ipod nano to Lose Yourself and pouring a water bottle over my head as I jog to the kitchen for q diet mtn dew and a string cheese

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Live Free posted:

I don't understand why so many people itt have expressed that they get profusely sweaty sitting around the house in 70-75F

There's a reason for this but no one wants to say it out loud...

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pick posted:

I don't think blaming fat people is going to make it any less bizarre that you demand 80-94 indoors lol. Some people just like it colder :shrug:

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Celsius!

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Pick posted:

yea 80-94 is its own thing im not even gonna get into that

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

TheAardvark posted:

I don't think blaming fat people is going to make it any less bizarre that you demand 80-94 indoors lol. Some people just like it colder :shrug:

is it like wearing a parka all the time

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheAardvark posted:

I have marfans, but that has nothing to do with the fact that if you profusely sweat at 71 degrees you have a health problem

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Meets woman: omg I love her I'd do anything for her!!
Woman: I live here and I am very cold and not comfortable
Man: this problem cannot be addressed

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I used to have a great setup in a little flat I lived in. It was the top right hand floor of a semi-detached house. A little old lady who didn't come out much lived below me and always had the heating turned up so got a lot from below. The building was built with the front facing west and had double-glazed windows installed. Big large ones in the living room at the front and the kitchen at the back. It was like a green house. On clear but frosty winter mornings the sun heated the place up for me. I could keep the windows open all summer. In four years I maybe only turned on the heating about three times.

Still though, every time my envirometally conscious parents came over they were all like "TURN THAT loving HEATING OFF! IT'S A WASTE OF ELECTRICITY AND BAD FOR THE ENVIROMENT!" Every drat time even after I explained that just from cooking dinner and using my computer after work there was enough heat trapped in the place to last until the morning.

gluehuffer69
Jan 16, 2020

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Its the opposite actually. Sweating my balls off all day/night is hard work. The simple act of putting on a sweater and our love for them would increase 20%.

The reason we need 65ish:
I require and enjoy weighted blankets, with a foot sticking out as a thermal dumpoff.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Live Free posted:

why keep it cold in winter and warm in summer? I don't understand this reasoning at all

It's about limiting the energy used in both cases. In winter you heat to a certain point and deal with the rest, in summer you cool to a certain point.

For me it's about 69 or 70 in the winter, 78 in the summer. Every year more I spend here in Vegas I use less energy because I get more and more used to the heat

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It is literally hil-air-ious how many people getting heated up about house temperature. You all need to let off some steam and chill out!

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
No warmer than 60 in summer, for winter we usually keep the heat off even when it’s snowing and sometimes open the window if it’s too hot.

We run very hot. Also I would rather spend the rest of my life in isolation than live in the temperatures advocated by known lizard woman pick.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Did anyone say 69F yet? Because maybe in the summer I have it at 69 :smuggo:, but come wintertime I need a nice 72 minimum.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
23.5degC no negotiation

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I just Googled how much 18 degrees is in moon temperature, and appearantly it's 64.4 Fahrenheit.

So that one on a normal day, no more than 68 when I'm feeling really cold. Anybody going above 20 degrees is a weirdo.

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 24, 2020

Doctor Eckhart
Dec 23, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I’m not visiting any of your houses because I’d shrivel up and die. Mine maybe gets to 65 when I have the heat on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Someone post that sweet story about a man and his wife putting the light too close to the thermostat