Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Do they even have a talented impressionist on the male side of the cast right now? Beck's Pence is just Beck's 'business character' with a Pence name tag, same with Day's Don Jr. The male cast just seems to have a very limited range right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Still rather see Jason be given Jim Carrey money to do Biden.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Beck Bennett loving sucks unless he's with Kyle. He just plays different variations of straight man or does absolutely awful impressions.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

General Dog posted:

I mean current cast members. Like, back when current cast members would play the president or some other prominent politician, it could be a star-making turn. Do Lorne and the writers have that little faith in their cast, or are they just addicted to stunt casting now that it reliably goes viral?

I think satire is just dead for the time being, due to *points in every direction*

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

InfiniteZero posted:

It's the first show in a long time that has a Parks and Rec vibe to it where a bunch of characters all have conflicts with each other but are also often kind to each other framed with some decent silly humour. I've seen plenty of acceptable criticisms of it but during a time when 99% of what you see in the media is horrifically bad news, I'm willing to forgive minor issues and go with something that has a positive outlook. If the show had actually started in 2015, maybe I would feel differently.

Yeah, I just finished season one last night and it’s really sharply written, there’s actual character development, there aren’t a lot of stereotypes/obvious tropes, folks actually have agency and it’s only a half hour per episode so it’s not a huge demand one your time. There also seemed to be one dirty joke allowed per episode, so the writers make it pretty funny.

It’s kinda frustrating to watch because you could easily see shows like that on broadcast tv and it would easily be better than 90% of the copaganda or Millenial-bashing poo poo you see on CBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

whos that broooown posted:

I think satire is just dead for the time being, due to *points in every direction*

Wish I could make that the title, but alas, exceeds the character limit.

Forward! Into the great unknown, as a new thread dawns.