Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
If the food is giving her that many problems then by god give her the expensive stuff. Poor little thing, sounds terrible. You must be really stressed out.

I don’t know about allergy tests but I believe the thing people do is get the allergies under control and then test one ingredient at a time with different foods until you find the cause. My friend’s dog had problems with chicken, but once they figured that out she’s been great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Oh I've no issue giving her the expensive stuff, tbh it's about the same price as the posh poo poo we was giving her before. I'm more venting that it's taken so long to get to this point as she shouldn't have been feeling like this in the first place had we been listened to 9 months ago when we first raised it.

Honestly the dog can get anything she wants or needs, so long as she's happy and comfortable, I just worry and like I say, annoyed at how long it's taken to get to this point

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Oh I've no issue giving her the expensive stuff, tbh it's about the same price as the posh poo poo we was giving her before. I'm more venting that it's taken so long to get to this point as she shouldn't have been feeling like this in the first place had we been listened to 9 months ago when we first raised it.

Honestly the dog can get anything she wants or needs, so long as she's happy and comfortable, I just worry and like I say, annoyed at how long it's taken to get to this point

Yeah wasn’t trying to throw shade or anything. I know exactly how you feel. We listened to a bad vet when our dog was a pup and caused her all sorts of mental distress and I still beat myself up for it. Hopefully you can figure it out and she gets better quickly.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I get that, turns out our doggo has some kind of allergy somewhere and rather trying to work out what it was they just want us to feed her expensive prescription food.

She vomits a little each day that she's off it and it's caused her pneumonia so obviously we're concerned about her a lot right now. But I'd feel much better if we could identify what the actual allergen is rather than just avoiding "everything".

I guess it's just going to take us a long time to figure it out. Are actual allergen tests for dogs a thing even?

I don't see why they wouldn't but they're likely to be ruinously expensive.

Normal guidance with that sort of thing seems to be trying one of the limited ingredient diets or a novel protein.