Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

*a buncha diceman noises*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Pip pip cheerio

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Stand and deliver! By providence, this land is the under the charter of the Manhattan company! Mr. Aaron Burr will decide your fate!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm making GBS threads ma pants over here, pal!

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

who awl these brooklynites in this threhd actin like thayy gawn anywheyuh pas' massapequa? what, takin the old lady out to the hamptins? fishin trip in mawntawk?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

i remembuh the days of livin' out in brooklyn. met the whoife ouht theyuh. had a lil' place out near ahstoreeuh but awlways came to buhshwick to get cawfee wit her guhrlfrends. cawled me a jackass at the bodeyga down at broawdwhey an fayette. musta been like, twonty nine yeeuhs ahgo? lawng toime ago. sounds right. this june it'll be 30 years of mahhridge with that pissuh. luv her ta deth

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
Ayyyyy I'ma tryna sleep ova hurrrr

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

it really isn't that long tbh

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Is this thread awesome or what!?

NO! NO IT IS NOT!

FUHHHGET ABOUT IT!

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

My Shoes posted:

Is this thread awesome or what!?

NO! NO IT IS NOT!

FUHHHGET ABOUT IT!

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bippidy boppity boo

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Your Shoes posted:

Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bippidy boppity boo

whatevah yo! bada boom bada bing!

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

My Shoes posted:

whatevah yo! bada boom bada bing!

Bazonga !!!!!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kevinvesey/status/1261001977598808065?s=21

(this was in Suffolk county aka far-eastern Long Island, which houses a special breed of crazy)

The further you get from Manhattan, the crazier the populace becomes.

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene

Our country is too loving retarded to function anymore, ayyyyyyye

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Your Shoes posted:

Our country is too loving retarded to function anymore, ayyyyyyye

eyyyyyy bada boom bada bing that was a spicy meatball!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Hey, you lay off my brudda! He's the smart one. He wantsa go ta Hahfstra, but Stony Brook is his safety.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

oh madonna!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I lived all over New York, including in the city itself and Long Island. Nassau county (which borders the NYC borough of Queens) was pretty cool; I left because of a lucrative job offer in another state. Anyway at first everyone comes off as Jersey Shore bros, but deep down they're cool people always willing to lend you a hand at the gym or be more than willing to help fix your car for a six pack of brews. I had more than one shovel my snow for me for absolutely no reason before I had a chance to. I kinda miss living there.

Suffolk county on the other hand, except for some small random towns near the Hamptons (which is pretty much as far east as you can go), was a wasteland of ultrachuds (despite the county somehow going blue in 2008 and 2012) who were just as insane as any anti-vaxxer or doomsday-prepper only the state of Oregon could produce. It was mostly poo poo chain restaurants and crappily-built homes as far as the eye could see, and they took pride in their lack of self-awareness (most of them were police officers, teachers, electricians, or some other type of union job). We knew of two families that moved to Texas from Suffolk simply because New York does not allow religious exemptions for vaccinations (thank loving god. I know Cuomo gets a bad rep but I always appreciated his stance on that). It's amazing what a drastic difference an imaginary boundary line could make between generally cool peeps and completely insane birthers.

More on topic of the thread I thought it was funny a few months ago when a poll showed that Americans think the sexiest American accent was a Brooklyn accent and the least sexy accent was a Long Island accent. They always sounded identical to me (there's a distance of a whopping 15 miles between the two).

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I lived all over New York, including in the city itself and Long Island. Nassau county (which borders the NYC borough of Queens) was pretty cool; I left because of a lucrative job offer in another state. Anyway at first everyone comes off as Jersey Shore bros, but deep down they're cool people always willing to lend you a hand at the gym or be more than willing to help fix your car for a six pack of brews. I had more than one shovel my snow for me for absolutely no reason before I had a chance to. I kinda miss living there.

Suffolk county on the other hand, except for some small random towns near the Hamptons (which is pretty much as far east as you can go), was a wasteland of ultrachuds (despite the county somehow going blue in 2008 and 2012) who were just as insane as any anti-vaxxer or doomsday-prepper only the state of Oregon could produce. It was mostly poo poo chain restaurants and crappily-built homes as far as the eye could see, and they took pride in their lack of self-awareness (most of them were police officers, teachers, electricians, or some other type of union job). We knew of two families that moved to Texas from Suffolk simply because New York does not allow religious exemptions for vaccinations (thank loving god. I know Cuomo gets a bad rep but I always appreciated his stance on that). It's amazing what a drastic difference an imaginary boundary line could make between generally cool peeps and completely insane birthers.

More on topic of the thread I thought it was funny a few months ago when a poll showed that Americans think the sexiest American accent was a Brooklyn accent and the least sexy accent was a Long Island accent. They always sounded identical to me (there's a distance of a whopping 15 miles between the two).

And now here's mah brudda tony wid the weather

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

My Shoes posted:

And now here's mah brudda tony wid the weather

it's not pronounced CALAMARI! it's pronounced GALAMAH!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
*buys entire vendor cart of flowers for his own mudda, gets chatty*

“Mom always said I look good in a turtleneck and blazer, I don’t understand why I can’t get dates”

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

*buys entire vendor cart of flowers for his own mudda, gets chatty*

“Mom always said I look good in a turtleneck and blazer, I don’t understand why I can’t get dates”

eyyyyyyyyyy youz guyz in da blazers need to spend tha extra dough.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I really don't like what that King George dude is doing to our fair state of New York.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

My Shoes posted:

eyyyyyyyyyy youz guyz in da blazers need to spend tha extra dough.

“Eyyy I don’t get it tho, I sais she can order a apple pie and a sundae at McDonald’s, whatever you want babe, and she walks over to the far corner of the restaurant by the playground and she says ‘this is where I can still smell your cologne from, all the food here will taste like a magazine insert’ to which I sez ‘eyyyyy cool out ya silly broad’” :shrug:

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
lemme see dat tussy bayBEEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

As a Suffolk county resident I concur with this assessment. It's hell