Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

you could try the various goon discords too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i could hurry up an LP of this on GBS and promote the show in the OP, might work better than an ad anyway. or chubbychecker can bring it forward if they want to do the let's play. it's not likely to spoil a lot because it's this book

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i could hurry up an LP of this on GBS and promote the show in the OP, might work better than an ad anyway. or chubbychecker can bring it forward if they want to do the let's play. it's not likely to spoil a lot because it's this book

well i'm a lazy poo poo, and you're the artist, so it would be better if you did it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

ChubbyChecker posted:

well i'm a lazy poo poo, and you're the artist, so it would be better if you did it

im also really lazy but i'll figure it out it'll probably be fine!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

im also really lazy but i'll figure it out it'll probably be fine!

:nice:

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

Horrormelon posted:

It's real and it's like twenty pounds of fun. Seriously, you could play through the absurdly expanded story dozens of times and/or leave the book on your nightstand in case you ever need to brain a burglar with it.

Delivered by Amazon yesterday! Geez, this thing is a brick.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thursday Next posted:

Delivered by Amazon yesterday! Geez, this thing is a brick.

It's a tome. Should have made a hugely thick leather covered edition with a big metal buckle.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

hell yeah! lemme know if you want to take the LP for a tour through LP at some point to drum up some interest. i'll sticky it up top

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Only Gallagher can save us now.
The "Bastard Elf Hassler" app has been updated to account for (I think) all of the items and circumstances that affect dice roll mechanics. Anyone who plays the game is welcome to use it to streamline hassle resolution.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Sally posted:

hell yeah! lemme know if you want to take the LP for a tour through LP at some point to drum up some interest. i'll sticky it up top

Yeah im all for that, at some point everyone who's going to join a GBS LP is already in so it couldn't hurt. Maybe give it another day or two

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Also how are you Sally I listened to all your music, it's really good

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Reminder: This is going down tomorrow at 4pm Pacific / 7pm eastern / 11pm GMT. :woop:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Also how are you Sally I listened to all your music, it's really good

sweet, thanks! glad someone still likes it haha.

i am good. work sucks but i am pumped to be here for the new Sword of the Bastard Elf LP after missing it the first time around.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Sally posted:

sweet, thanks! glad someone still likes it haha.

i am good. work sucks but i am pumped to be here for the new Sword of the Bastard Elf LP after missing it the first time around.

i dont know how this kind of thing works but feel free to grab the thread from gibbis anytime, it's this one : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3943916 we're either a third of the way through or near the end depending on what happens next

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'll bug one of the GBS mods to kick it my way.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
that was fast! Thanks, Aardvark :cheers:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

im late. it won't let me in

edit: lol, i'm 24 hours early and also dumb

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

This was a lot of fun and made my night! Glad to hear that we can maybe pick up where we left off.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i forgot most of what i wrote, it was fun to hear it again :)

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

And the show has concluded! Big thanks to everyone who joined, especially Saint Isaias Boner, who was gracious enough to share some of her wisdom in a pre-show interview and clarify some rules during the game. I'll be throwing the video up on YouTube in the near future for people to watch.

If there's interest, we'll do a second show where players will vote to either pick up where our last adventure left off or start over at the beginning.

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

I'm not done editing the whole video from the show, but here's an excerpt of the short pre-game interview with Saint Isaias Boner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB-IYCM0WIk

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Haha I'm pretty sure I hadn't slept in a very long time before that so sorry if nothing I had to say made much sense

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
that dr who book :psyduck:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I found it, it's this thing http://www.warpedfactor.com/2016/09/doctor-who-and-fescan-threat-review.html?m=1

I'm not into doctor who but I'm a bit annoyed someone made a (much) longer book than mine. Otoh I did it in two years and mines about an original character (do not steal) so I'm not bitter. I'm not bitter

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
woof, that's quite the review.

"a kind of literary ‘Grand Theft Auto’ freedom"???

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Video posted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSc9AE-FDEU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

heck yeah! i had a good time, kind of a trip hearing my book read back!

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

I enjoyed editing it in a way that captured you cracking up at a few points.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Horrormelon posted:

I enjoyed editing it in a way that captured you cracking up at a few points.

it's weird that i laughed at my own jokes, but i forgot a lot of them and i'm pretty funny sometimes :D

Horrormelon
Jan 28, 2009

Bumping this ancient thread to mention that the Bastard Elf Hassler app is still receiving occasional updates for players who want to streamline rolls and have Effort -> results probability math done automatically for them. You know, that very plausible demographic of Choose Your Own Adventure power gamers.

https://bastard-elf-hassler.phantomwatson.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

haha amazing though true gamers just cheat :D