Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

Yeah, replace that back pain with some sweet sweet life crippling painkiller addiction.
For reals though, medicated backpain can become chronic and then without extensive physio it is just a downward spiral that ends with you chugging muscle relaxants and opiods like tictacs.

Still, 30, eh? Boy was that fun admitting to myself that I am no way near as resilient as I used to be. The first thrown out back is always memorable. Walking around with a sideways 30° angle in my back for a week sure gave me a new perspective.

Try training your inner abdominals, especially the transversus abdominus and stay the hell away from crunches and all that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Smoke weed every day op. It won't solve your pain but I had to suggest something novel and pain pills were already taken

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah i have to do a bunch of back and neck stretches before i go to bed and after i wake up or i have terrible neck and back tightness from having a bad hunched over posture for so long

stand up straight kids, slouching is cool but eventually it kind of sucks

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

If you aren't stuck to your compooter 24/7 and have a reasonably active lifestyle you will be surprised how little pain there is

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

Define reasonably active, when you have a desk job.

Sometimes it is really just lovely genetics though. For example, one of my legs is apparently a little bit shorter than the other. It is not really noticable if you look at me, but it means that my pelvis and lower back is shifted ever so slightly in the general direction of get hosed.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Abandon your job and start digging trenches, going back home to a jug of moonshine to deaden your sore body.

If you say there aren't any jobs in digging trenches just dig it in someone's yard until they pay you to stop and go away

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

poo poo

oh well at least i'll be dead eventually

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Mistaken Identity posted:

Define reasonably active, when you have a desk job.

minimum of 1 hour of strenuous exercise every day.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Everyone has had some type of back pain and everyone believes you have what they had. Some of the advice that works for one type of back pain will make another type worse or even be dangerous. I got a bunch of really bad advice when I was working through mid-back pain and there are people out there who will be convinced that its just what they had and "just do a few planks you'll be fine, its just core strength!"

Anyway turns out I had scoliosis and I was deadlifting 3x a week trying to crack 300lb. My doctor told me not to lift more than 50lbs ever again and I did 3 months of PT and 2 years later I'm totally recovered.

So be careful is what I'm saying and probably see a doctor before you come up with a plan to fix things.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Pay more attention to your posture OP. Have the dude stand closer to you so you don’t have to bend your neck so much.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Oh gently caress!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BigBadSteve posted:

Try standing up.

Never had a problem standing or walking for hours

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im 31 and I threw my back out sitting in a chair. getting old sucks

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Bad backs are a good indication for weak moral character, see: lowtax

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PokeJoe posted:

im 31 and I threw my back out sitting in a chair. getting old sucks

I was in the shower this weekend and somehow set off a crippling back spasm when I reached to get something, it was loving awful. One of those ones that takes the wind right out of you. I made it to the couch and couldn’t move for like an hour, and the way it cramped up made it sore for days. I gotta try some magnesium supplements or something.

Duck Stab!
Oct 21, 2020

HERE I COME, CONSTANTINOPLE!

Things start hurting at age 25. No turning back.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Just wait 10 - 15 years, when your back gets sore, then it doesn't go away, ever. You're in for a treat! :D

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

EorayMel posted:

Try touching your toes without bending your knees OP

That poo poo is genetics, I have always been able to do it, no matter the age or weight.

Some friends never could do it. I guess I just have long monkey arms and a bendy lower back.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

That poo poo is genetics, I have always been able to do it, no matter the age or weight.

Some friends never could do it. I guess I just have long monkey arms and a bendy lower back.

I think you could do it after a month of yoga twice a week

I couldn't even come close and now I can get my palms to the ground after a year

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

AHH F/UGH posted:

You never really realize how much you use your back until you throw it out. Doing anything at all hurts and you can’t just lie there, you still have to get up to poo poo and eat and doing that re-throws out your back a bit.

Until my back started hurting 2 years ago, I never realized like, how good a standing desk could be. Sometimes standing is the only thing that helps, and I don't have lower back issues.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm 32 and fat as poo poo but for some reason I have no aches. No back or leg problems, like I always hear people complain about it and feel like I'm weird.

Just wait, give it about 5 years

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Duck Stab! posted:

Things start hurting at age 25. No turning back.

I wish it backed turned :smith:

Avian Pneumonia
May 24, 2006

ASK ME ABOUT MY OPINIONS ON CANCEL CULTURE
Stretching is for girls. Sorry, everyone.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Avian Pneumonia posted:

Stretching is for girls. Sorry, everyone.

Tell that to your dad...

's rear end!!!!

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think you could do it after a month of yoga twice a week

I couldn't even come close and now I can get my palms to the ground after a year

Yoga is seriously the worst poo poo ever. Everything feels like poo poo. Like plopping down on a grassy river bank with a fishing pole and pulling a hat over your eyes feels good. Yoga is like doing everything your body isn’t made to do as some sort of grotesque mockery of the human condition.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yoga is seriously the worst poo poo ever. Everything feels like poo poo. Like plopping down on a grassy river bank with a fishing pole and pulling a hat over your eyes feels good. Yoga is like doing everything your body isn’t made to do as some sort of grotesque mockery of the human condition.

that's the entire point and it works really well for your back and neck

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caesar Saladin posted:

that's the entire point and it works really well for your back and neck

Yeah sure pal, and a magical leprechaun pulls a genie lamp out of his pot of gold and a fanciful unicorn comes out of the lamp whisks you away to a land of candy and nymphs and you take a frosted donut down a chocolate river and rumplestiltskin makes you a golden cloak out of hay and you become king of the moon and eat cheese that makes French people weep. :crossarms:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Just brag that your back hurts because your dick is so heavy, OP.

ETERNAL RIMJOB
Jul 12, 2016
OP,try some barefoot shoes,they help a lot!

Also cutting out carbs and eating protein and fat only,no plant oils.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Bipedalism was a mistake.

Nhilist
Jul 29, 2004
I like it quiet in here
Same thing here, last night I was in the kitchen, bent over to check the oven, my back spasmed, I screamed like a little girl, fell to the floor (I mean a full shut down). This is the worst pain I have ever felt. Only position I am comfortable with is sitting upright in a chair. Definitely headed to the doc in the box in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Groke posted:

Bipedalism was a mistake.

Gods knew