Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

Things that raise your terror level:
Rain.
Nighttime.
Books.
Being anywhere near the ocean.
Boats.
Minorities.

First to enter a catatonic state wins

Being sort of cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What about that one story about 300 year old alchemist still pissed off at your famil cause your great grand pops owned him something awful busting in on you and eating dirt 🤣

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Forget elder gods, if HP were alive today his horror stories would revolve around getting results from 23andMe.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The real horror is not the 8% swarthy genes but the implication towards your privacy and IP rights to human genome :ghost::spooky:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Extra Large Marge posted:

Being sort of cold

Colours

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Icochet posted:

Publisher: "Describe this monster"
HP: "No. But its SUPER scary. Indescribably so!!! You won't believe how terrifying it will be. Trust me"

HP: "Well pardon me, your royal majesty, if my attempt to have some goddamn mystery and mystique in my cosmic horror just didn't work for you. Maybe next time, I'll just grind the story to a complete halt so I can throw in a drawn out, dry, technical analysis on the length, placing, and function of my monster's tentacles and the exact circumference of its loving balls!"
Publisher: "Are you being sarcastic?"
HP: "What? No! I'm honestly going to do that. I think it's a great idea."

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Cumpoopoo

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

HP: "Well pardon me, your royal majesty, if my attempt to have some goddamn mystery and mystique in my cosmic horror just didn't work for you. Maybe next time, I'll just grind the story to a complete halt so I can throw in a drawn out, dry, technical analysis on the length, placing, and function of my monster's tentacles and the exact circumference of its loving balls!"
Publisher: "Are you being sarcastic?"
HP: "What? No! I'm honestly going to do that. I think it's a great idea."

Publisher: "I don't think that's the best idea, what if-"
HP: "Also, you go insane when you look at the balls."

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

This would be a severe blow to the one-in-three kickstarters that are Chthulu themed.

I contributed::10bux: to one a year or two ago for a 'new collection in pdf format', and the motherfucker running it changed his address to "Arkham" and absconded with the $500 he'd raised.

He'll also be one of the last to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Why does everyone like Cthulhu so much anyway? He does gently caress all and there were way cooler monsters in those stories