Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Is there any socially acceptable way in which I could fight a child for money? Like, how could I swing it so that it is a socially acceptable thing for a grown rear end adult to fight a child for cash?? (bets or loot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Motherfucker posted:

Is there any socially acceptable way in which I could fight a child for money? Like, how could I swing it so that it is a socially acceptable thing for a grown rear end adult to fight a child for cash?? (bets or loot)

If it was that kid from 300 with the spear in the middle of winter, and he had a vengeance quest against your and your family, and you somehow monetized this, then maybe? Otherwise, probably not.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PipHelix posted:

Whenever you're done paddling in the shallow end of the woodworking pool, and are ready to dive into the deep end of glazing and kilnery:

That's how a real man facilitates a smaller man's dumpings-out.

pfft pottery is fragile rubbish. try to make a ceramic hammer. try living in a ceramic house and see how well that goes for you.

wood supremacy :colbert:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Motherfucker posted:

Some type of "take on all challengers" thing???

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Literally A Person posted:

You're going to be extremely disappointed with my response because I am a BAD PERSON and put my entire project together with glue first. Then when everything is set I choose where I want my pegs and then eye-up my peg positioning and very carefully drill my holes with my hand drill and set the pegs. I am a filthy cheater but I always end up with perfectly aligned bores.

i'm stealing this, drat

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Rutibex posted:

i'm stealing this, drat

Good! You should! It's a lazy approach but drat if it doesn't work.

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Internetjack posted:

I was going to ask if that was some kind of squat toilet, but I saw the answer in the quoted url link.

Are these a common thing?

Considering that most of Asia uses them and most of the people live in Asia, they might be *more* common that the sitters. Depending on how Africa shits, that'd probably be the tiebreaker.

If you ever want to realize the importance of Leg Day, treat yourself to a poo poo in a squat toilet. Western legs start to quiver and give just as the colon does and it's always a race to finish before you fall backwards in your own mess. I have poo poo in the woods before, I do not know why it's harder on a squat toilet. I think the limbic system picks up on the porcelain and communicates to the intestines it's gonna be leisurely, they have time to waste.

Rutibex posted:

pfft pottery is fragile rubbish. try to make a ceramic hammer. try living in a ceramic house and see how well that goes for you.

wood supremacy :colbert:

https://www.hammermuseum.org/hammer-highlight-coors-ceramic-hammer

https://materialseducation.org/resources/types-of-materials/
"Concrete is a ceramic composite made up of water, sand, gravel, crushed stone, and cement."
https://skyrisecities.com/news/2016/01/inside-le-corbusiers-brutalist-radiant-city

(no I don't like the facade either, I don't think anyone but fartsniffing Architecture students even claim to. It looks like a prison but it is technically 4 walls and a roof that keeps the rain off)

E: But drat though, nice stool!

PipHelix fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 18, 2020

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the more i think about thos dowel joints the more i jack off

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PipHelix posted:

https://www.hammermuseum.org/hammer-highlight-coors-ceramic-hammer

https://materialseducation.org/resources/types-of-materials/
"Concrete is a ceramic composite made up of water, sand, gravel, crushed stone, and cement."

(no I don't like it either, it looks like a prison but it is 'Architecturally Significant')

that tower is made of steel reinforced concrete. nice try buddy thats a "composite material" not ceramics. no one is making thier house out of fine china, even the people living in adobe huts put straw in the walls (straw counts as WOOD) :colbert:

that hammer rules though i want it

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Rutibex posted:

that tower is made of steel reinforced concrete. nice try buddy thats a "composite material" not ceramics. no one is making thier house out of fine china, even the people living in adobe huts put straw in the walls (straw counts as WOOD) :colbert:

that hammer rules though i want it

Well unless LAP built your house, and did it entirely out of dowels, I declare your wooden home is steel reinforced by nails and brackets. (but who wants to split hairs)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PipHelix posted:

Well unless LAP built your house, and did it entirely out of dowels, I declare your wooden home is steel reinforced by nails and brackets. (but who wants to split hairs)

well yeah obviously steel is superior to wood. i would make my house out of a solid cube of machined steel if that was an option. put it isn't :(

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Rutibex posted:

well yeah obviously steel is superior to wood. i would make my house out of a solid cube of machined steel if that was an option. put it isn't :(

Losertalk. You think Vincenzo Natali let difficulties like that keep him down?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groom_of_the_Stool

The physical intimacy of the role naturally led to his becoming a man in whom much confidence was placed by his royal master and with whom many royal secrets were shared as a matter of course.

Sounds like LAP is setting himself up for a real strong fatherly bond with that kiddo

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

You're going to be extremely disappointed with my response because I am a BAD PERSON and put my entire project together with glue first. Then when everything is set I choose where I want my pegs and then eye-up my peg positioning and very carefully drill my holes with my hand drill and set the pegs. I am a filthy cheater but I always end up with perfectly aligned bores.
pegging bored poop stool holes. all. night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

20 Blunts posted:

the more i think about thos dowel joints the more i jack off

My joinery has that effect on people.