Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nick Mullen is insanely good at impressions and he's also white and has a great head of hair and is lean and sort of famous and rich, he is what every weird twitter person wishes they were basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

i love listening to cum town but i hate thinking about how stupid and annoying the vast majority of other people that listen to cum town are

much like these forums

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

AHH F/UGH posted:

Nick Mullen is good basically

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Cosmik Slop posted:

If you miss 7th grade and overhearing the bad (but inarguably funny) kids in your class talking poo poo, this is the podcast for youuuu

yes, and ... ???

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Laterite posted:

yes, and ... ???

and im gay

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

and my dick is fuckin smalllll

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ben shapino posted:

i love listening to cum town but i hate thinking about how stupid and annoying the vast majority of other people that listen to cum town are

much like these forums

The Rick and Morty of podcasts

Instead of meme sauce its freestyling several slurs

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Cum Town : FYAD :: Uhh Yeah Dude : BYOB

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
i like this podcast and have stopped trying to explain it to people or answer "what is cumtown?" because it makes me look like a loving rear end in a top hat (bigger than i am)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Do they, like, make jokes or is it just all inane bullshit? I tried listening to a couple of these but they seemed very bad.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

It's the howard stern show where nick is fred, stav is robin, and adam is benji. None of them are howard because they're not fame and success obsessed narcissists.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Vim Fuego posted:

Genesplicer has not replied to my PM. Looks like all those threads were right and he is dead after all. This is a sad day for the forums

Nope, still alive. Just dealing with multiple health issues. Mrs. Genesplicer and I both have unrelated spinal injuries that require surgery. They are not doing these surgeries right now, so we are on steroids in hopes of keeping any potential swelling down. Plus my 85-year-old mother-in-law is requiring more care than normal during COVID, so we are spending more time than usual over at her house.

That, and the fact that schools may be reopening, and I'm teaching from home while preparing to return to my classroom, which I have been in only twice since March 15, 2020 and life continues as normally as it can at this point in time.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Spine issues are no joke. Hope things get better dude.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Genesplicer posted:

Nope, still alive. Just dealing with multiple health issues. Mrs. Genesplicer and I both have unrelated spinal injuries that require surgery. They are not doing these surgeries right now, so we are on steroids in hopes of keeping any potential swelling down. Plus my 85-year-old mother-in-law is requiring more care than normal during COVID, so we are spending more time than usual over at her house.

That, and the fact that schools may be reopening, and I'm teaching from home while preparing to return to my classroom, which I have been in only twice since March 15, 2020 and life continues as normally as it can at this point in time.

Are you going to listen to Cum Town

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Is this cumtown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYzioOxq6JA

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AHH F/UGH posted:

Nick Mullen is insanely good at impressions and he's also white and has a great head of hair and is lean and sort of famous and rich, he is what every weird twitter person wishes they were basically

Did he use his wealth to get that leg elongating surgery yet or is he still 3'2"

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Twitch posted:

The number of times I've said "I can't listen to this poo poo anymore" and unsubscribed from Cum Town, then resubscribed like a month later is like 4 or 5.

So same

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Smugworth posted:

Did he use his wealth to get that leg elongating surgery yet or is he still 3'2"

That bit about him and Stav spending like a month in absolute anguish in a Chinese hotel after leg elongating was pretty good.

Are the bonus eps any good?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

pro starcraft loser posted:

Are the bonus eps any good?

Yeah it's the same thing, just more of it.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Weka posted:

Do they, like, make jokes or is it just all inane bullshit? I tried listening to a couple of these but they seemed very bad.

They never write or plan, it's all off the dome. That means what you get can vary pretty wildly. Probably the most beginner-friendly clips are any of the ones where Nick talks about movies.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
If you don't like a lot of silly song parody about being gay and having a small penis then it might be a deal breaker.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Charles Bukowski posted:

If you don't like a lot of silly song parody about being gay and having a small penis then it might be a deal breaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTeLHtmE3Xk

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Years ago I used to live in Austin

I frequented comedy shows and even did a handful of terrible open mic sets

Well I heard a Cumtown show where Nick talked about watching Judge Mathis during the day, I guess comics end up watching a lot of day time tv which sounds depressing, but he did an imitation that sparked a memory of seeing a guy do this bit I had seen on more than one occasion that I quite liked

Well I tracked another episode down where he repeated the bit, so wouldn't you know it, I had seen Nick Mullen do standup at showcase shows in Austin way back before he became a podcast thousandaire mogul

And that is the only Cumtown story I have, that I can't share with anyone I know in my real life

Blessed be.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I guess I also probably enivitably saw Jake Flores his old roommate around the same time at some point, don't remember though. That guy literally ate his own jizz on video.

Can't tell anyone about that, either

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Lister posted:

It's the howard stern show where nick is fred, stav is robin, and adam is benji. None of them are howard because they're not fame and success obsessed narcissists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcpxz2y1chM

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

Genesplicer posted:

I am glad you are not dead. Good luck with the spines.

It seems like listening to the podcas t would be a popular move, at least with the 10 posters in this thread

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I’m convinced nick is or was at some point active on this dead gay forum but I’ve only heard a handful of eps

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

rap music posted:

I’m convinced nick is or was at some point active on this dead gay forum but I’ve only heard a handful of eps

Adam actually brought up SA once a described it a bit.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

The brand of uhh, let’s call it high functioning comedy is very familiar

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I can barely remember it, but one time they were talking about people who were trolls online or people who do edgy comedy. Nick said something like "as teens they were posting on the somethingawful forums" So he may not have done it, but he knows it by reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I've listened to this whole thing about 4 times and I'm not going to stop anytime soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxQzWBnLcFc