Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Congee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

tamales and refried beans

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

tamales and refried beans

I once went to a really bad vegan Mexican place that despite their best efforts to ruin my experience did teach me a really neat way to present tamales.

Paint the inside of a bowl with a spicy mole or thin bean sauce and then place the tamale inside. When you eat it, the strong flavor is distributed with each bite. This was necessary in their specific case because their tamales were 98% masa and essentially flavorless. I've since made it with spicy refried beans as a base and ghat drat, do I recommend it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
You gotta soak tofu in hot sauce for a day, and stir-fry it with more hot sauce. I say marinate it in a green one and fry it in a red one, to add complexity.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

oxyrosis posted:

I once went to a really bad vegan Mexican place that despite their best efforts to ruin my experience did teach me a really neat way to present tamales.

Paint the inside of a bowl with a spicy mole or thin bean sauce and then place the tamale inside. When you eat it, the strong flavor is distributed with each bite. This was necessary in their specific case because their tamales were 98% masa and essentially flavorless. I've since made it with spicy refried beans as a base and ghat drat, do I recommend it.

oh drat, that does sound good

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I made what's essentially a chicken pot pie soup. It's a modified knoephla soup recipe: sans dumplings, double the potatoes, add peas, and three chopped and seasoned baked chicken breasts.

S' real good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i ordered Chinese for the first time in months and i could barely get through 1/3rd of my generals chicken. think my palate is no longer accustomed to deep fried salty goodness.

doubtless a good thing but rip

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i ordered Chinese for the first time in months and i could barely get through 1/3rd of my generals chicken. think my palate is no longer accustomed to deep fried salty goodness.

doubtless a good thing but rip

I'll take the leftovers.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
2 day old Home Run Inn frozen pizza leftovers.

Tomorrow my mom is taking me to an expensive place I never heard of for my birthday. It'll be my lunch probably because we're going when they open at around 4pm. She said she's paying so I might get a filet mignon or something.

:doit:

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!

Thaw frozen tilapia in a bowl of warm water.

While the fish is warming up, rinse off some rice and start it boiling. Melt some butter in the microwave.

Mix equal parts panko bread crumbs & Parmesan cheese. Add chopped garlic and a big pinch of salt.

Add butter to the mix until it feels like wet sand.

Put the fish on a baking sheet and cover it with the bread crumb topping. Sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.

Start boiling some water and when it's rolling pour in some frozen peas.

Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping is crispy golden brown.

Give it a squirt of lemon juice.

(I'm afraid the leftovers will have to do :)

moist banana bread fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 7, 2024

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

moist banana bread posted:

While the fish is warming up, rinse off some rice and start it boiling. Melt some butter in the microwave.

Mix equal parts panko bread crumbs & Parmesan cheese. Add chopped garlic and a big pinch of salt.

Add butter to the mix until it feels like wet sand.

Put the fish on a baking sheet and cover it with the bread crumb topping. Sprinkle with oregano and black pepper.

Start boiling some water and when it's rolling pour in some frozen peas.

Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the topping is crispy golden brown.

Give it a squirt of lemon juice.

(I'm afraid the leftovers will have to do :)

It's uncanny how close this is to my mums fish bake recipe. Except she uses cod or salmon - and replaces the oregano with cloves.

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
Yeah I also like to shred tilapia for fish tacos and make pico de gallo or something like it; which there's really no recipe for: it's just whatever peppers, onions, and tomatoes I can find chopped and soaked in lemon juice.

Tapatio is objectively the best hot sauce. I could kiss that little sombrero man.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going to be making moist banana bread tomorrow. :)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kangaroo burgers, mushrooms and garlic, mashed potatoes with tarragon and parsley, and fried cherry tomatoes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You should never thaw anything that way you plan to eat. Cold water and change it every half hour or let the tap run over it.

:hfive:

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
But I'm hungry now mom...

Edit: duly noted, but it's probably fine. "room temp" would have been more accurate.

quote:

Faster isn't always safer. Hot water thaws food quickly, but it also raises the temperature past that critical 40-degree mark. Not only does bacteria start to grow, but the meat can start to cook before you want it to.

They get cooked in ~10 so bacteria isn't gonna have the time it needs there. I do have concern for pre-cooking so it's not hot. These are 1/2" thick usually and come vacuum sealed so they're in plastic in the water, then the plastic in the bowl, then the water goes down the drain and the bowl gets soap.

I am cautious about surface contact and cross contamination in my kitchen. I also insist on refrigerating leftovers quick. As long as it's not enough heat to compromise the fridge itself we want the buggers chilled. asap.

moist banana bread fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 7, 2024

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
I am very defensive of my kitchen :x

Tiggum posted:

Kangaroo burgers, mushrooms and garlic, mashed potatoes with tarragon and parsley, and fried cherry tomatoes.

"You can eat Kangaroo? I gotta try that!" (looks goood)

Can't a guy just be excited by food without everybody calling him autistic?? Dude's probably starving by the time he gets to eat anything schlepping all that armor around.

moist banana bread fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 7, 2024

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Use this as a baseline tofu recipe. Tofu ends up crispy and delicious.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I am very defensive of my kitchen :x

Can't a guy just be excited by food without everybody calling him autistic?? Dude's probably starving by the time he gets to eat anything schlepping all that armor around.

That’s silly, autistics hate trying new things.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

It's almost indistinguishable from extremely lean beef. The sausages you get at supermarkets are dry as hell so i don't buy them, but the burgers are fantastic.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

My dad likes to tell people he had kangaroo once, and when they ask how it was he says “It made me a little jumpy”, and then everyone leaves the room in order to punish him for such a lame joke.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

spicy shrimp (berbere, ginger, some other stuff) & roasted Brussels & my greasy rear end plate

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My mom took me to a nice supper club for my birthday and I got the filet mignon oscar, twice baked potato, ceasar salad, and some sort of creamy chicken florentine soup.

Phenomenal.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My mom took me to a nice supper club for my birthday and I got the filet mignon oscar, twice baked potato, ceasar salad, and some sort of creamy chicken florentine soup.

Phenomenal.

Happy birthday! :toot: 🎂 🥳

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Tonight, to celebrate my lady and I seriously pursuing a pregnancy, we had 6.7abv hazy IPAs and because we didn't want to be pass out drunk; I made pressure cooker artichokes, mashed potatoes, and a "cheezy" cilantro avocado sauce made with miyokos pourable mozzarella and lime.

Absolutely incredible. Pressure cook your own artichokes, 15min steamed at pressure and you're done.

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Hint: You don't need the fire boots, but they could help later on.

oxyrosis posted:

Tonight, to celebrate my lady and I seriously pursuing a pregnancy, we had 6.7abv hazy IPAs and because we didn't want to be pass out drunk; I made pressure cooker artichokes, mashed potatoes, and a "cheezy" cilantro avocado sauce made with miyokos pourable mozzarella and lime.

Absolutely incredible. Pressure cook your own artichokes, 15min steamed at pressure and you're done.

the gf has been interested in the miyoko’s pourable mozz lately. can i get a quick recipe for the sauce?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Big breakfast - the toast is french.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Valko posted:

Big breakfast - the toast is french.

It doesn't look that big, tbh. Should have double the quantity of everything (except the toast). And more than double the tomato.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

3 pieces is officially a piggy sized amount of french toast I think

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Serious talk I like beans fine and would eat them for breakfast but I wouldn't put them on French toast wtf

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Tiggum posted:

It doesn't look that big, tbh. Should have double the quantity of everything (except the toast). And more than double the tomato.

It's big for me. Normally it's oatmeal with banana and raisins.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

3 pieces is officially a piggy sized amount of french toast I think

I used one egg for all three pieces.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Serious talk I like beans fine and would eat them for breakfast but I wouldn't put them on French toast wtf

Lemme guess, you have cinnamon, jam and sugar on it? I don't really have a sweet tooth except for fruit.

This was Sunday - my mom brought something called a cataplana back from portugal. It looks like two flat bottomed woks sandwiched together without the handle. I think it's supposed to work the same way as tagine, let the steam from the veggies condense into a cooking sauce.

Stock photo, not hers.

But since my dad claims to be allergic to shellfish (really, he's just squeamish) she made hers with salmon.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Chip S. Challenge posted:

the gf has been interested in the miyoko’s pourable mozz lately. can i get a quick recipe for the sauce?

½
Cilantro
Lime
Avocado
Salt
Pepper

½
Miyokos liquid mozz

Microwave on 2power, 7min, stop and stir 3x

I was very afraid it would coagulate but luck was on my side and it remained a goo.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Chip S. Challenge posted:

Or were you looking for a copycat miyokos recipe? Strangely enough when I woke up this showed up in my feed,

https://www.stephsunshine.com/vegan-life/vegan-liquid-pizza-mozzarella/

I haven't tested it, but it sure looks tasty.

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Hint: You don't need the fire boots, but they could help later on.

oxyrosis posted:

Or were you looking for a copycat miyokos recipe? Strangely enough when I woke up this showed up in my feed,

https://www.stephsunshine.com/vegan-life/vegan-liquid-pizza-mozzarella/

I haven't tested it, but it sure looks tasty.

it was the sauce recipe; you’re my hero, but it’s fascinating that you can produce that pourable miyoko’s at home. i would have never thought of that

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I ate an Arby’s beef n cheddar with horsey sauce, curly fries, and a coke with light ice.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

lazy photo, lazy pizza because we're going out of town next week and as much as i didn't want pepperoni again i even more didn't want to buy a bunch of stuff that'd go to waste

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
Makes pizza that isn't frozen, claims they're lazy?

Thanks GBS you inspired me now I make alfredo. Some things I'd change from a first try but it's def on my menu now.

Had some issues with needing too much oil bc my pan's got a little bit of a bump so I lost some of the post-shramp oil. I've never cooked shramp before but this was hella easy.

moist banana bread fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Made "Chipotle©®™ bowls" tonight. I made a spicy chili oil rice, use some homemade refried bean leftovers, fried up onions mushrooms and peppers, topped it with avocado and green onion.

It was pretty spicy, so we gave it a little drizzle of that miyokos which cooled it off a bit.

The rice was cooked in this Ferrari, found it a second hand store for 25 bucks because of course we did. When you go as often as we do, you're going to find everything eventually.

Near as we can tell, whoever got rid of it was dissatisfied that it only spoke Chinese. Turns out it also speaks Korean and English but only after you find an obscure manual and figure out how to program it.

We were happy to use it in Chinese, honestly the Chinese voice sounds better than the English one. The Korean voice is a little bit too much anime school girl, however.