Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

GG scum, sorry Bif, maybe next game we can be town together and properly fight poo poo like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Maerlyn posted:

I thought I had just caught Grandi in a lie when they said they had suspicions on Shell but of course I didn't realize how in danger we were, I didn't expect 4 scum. That comment about Plastic being believable for visiting Nep was insane lol, but I didn't trust myself enough to really push it.

I feel good that I was on the right path but I don't know that I could have convinced anyone to vote with me. Also losing our watcher and tracker early really hurt.

GG scum... Grandi mentoring two new scum was probably fun :)

Thanks for the game Yami!

I couldn't ask for a better scum team, I love the new blood we are getting in here.
Had a great time scumming with you in Stellaris, and had a great time scumming here with Shell, deadmeat and Plastic.
I think the lesson here is that I have a great time scumming.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

yeah I did D2 along with 2 other scums, look how that turned out

As we’ve always known, don’t trust lovers

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh thank God

Bifauxnen posted:

God I don't know, every time I think I have a clue of who's scum in this game someone else does something stupid, or every time I think I figured out someone worth trusting in this game they do something even more stupid

Welp if I didn't enjoy the pain on some level I wouldn't still be playing Mafia after all these years

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Scum team getting an action for every zombie under their control is kinda ridiculous, especially when they're janitored stumps and self spreading...

Hider who is jugg is kinda ridiculous...

But it was still a fair game. I jailed grandi and still died horribly and nothing happened, so I felt better about him but he seemed to be the black sheep in scum team actions.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It was d4 and we executed one scum and blocked one kill and were rushed by a survivor and scum team while all the night kills were janitored. I'll come to terms with this loss one day.

Still wish I could have done more to help with the atmosphere of arknights. Thanks for running Yami!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

yeah I did D2 along with 2 other scums, look how that turned out

You had 3/6 which really impressed me at the time, tbh, then I got chewed off somehow for defending a townie which was rather funny in retrospect. Also Mae was peeved by me the whole game, and Binus actually was too, but he didn't articulate why.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Toalpaz posted:

Scum team getting an action for every zombie under their control is kinda ridiculous, especially when they're janitored stumps and self spreading...

Hider who is jugg is kinda ridiculous...

But it was still a fair game. I jailed grandi and still died horribly and nothing happened, so I felt better about him but he seemed to be the black sheep in scum team actions.

You prevented my only action all game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

No you see, that was 100% skill, and thusly good.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Toalpaz posted:

No you see, that was 100% skill, and thusly good.

There's a reason I say you scare me

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toal scared me this game, too.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

Toal scared me this game, too.

:thenperishobama:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Yami Fenrir posted:

Bifauxnen was turned into a Zombie Day 4.

I still appreciate the dramatic irony of these two posts. :allears:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Deadmeat5150 posted:

There's a reason I say you scare me

They hid on their room and refused to answer the door when the ninja called.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I had a lot of fun with this game despite how frustrated I got at times, but it was the good kind of frustrated. I especially had a ton of fun after I got shot.

GG scum team, you had just the right amount of planning with plastic's moves that it was just barely able to make me think "yeah probably no, but maybe yes?" If I'd still had a vote I think I'd have gotten it wrong.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
There was no scum planning. We were just as confused as everyone else.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Deadmeat5150 posted:

There was, it just wasn't us two doing it, lol.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Oh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

For my money that’s when scum can be most effective. Much easier to carry an analytical and curious tone when it’s the real mindset

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

toal I'm going to have you expelled from the Mafia Mechanics Masters club for refusing to believe one-way lovers could be a thing

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm sorry for letting you down meen. Next time I'll ask Yami for permission to read your unconfirmable lovers role after killing your lover doesn't work.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you ignore the heaps of additional context that would be required to understand that relationship it was actually pretty clear t

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

This was wild and I bet you will have a less confrontational game with a more vanilla lot.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
One thing that was difficult for me was that I wanted meen to win. I think otherwise I would've been like "just kill us both" when plastic counterclaimed me but I felt like openly advocating for that would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

This was wild and I bet you will have a less confrontational game with a more vanilla lot.

Yes what Toal said, join Grandi's game!