Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Hot drat, that last bit got my adrenaline pumping and I wasn't even playing the game.

EDIT: Update on previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is Mary able to take damage between when you get her and when her flower is revealed to be a fake?

insanitylock
Sep 29, 2021

Not too shabbyyy!

Shei-kun posted:

Hot drat, that last bit got my adrenaline pumping and I wasn't even playing the game.

EDIT: Update on previous page

That part is pretty nerve-wracking. If you stop or hesitate while Mary catches up to you, you basically just die. The same with the room before it, if you hesitate you're likely dead. It's so nerve-wracking in speedruns for that reason, since saving costs time, so if you die, the run's over. I had an attempt die to Mary, right before completion. (Not like it would've amounted to anything I'd have submitted, but, it's still painful.)

Randalor posted:

Is Mary able to take damage between when you get her and when her flower is revealed to be a fake?

Nope! Think of Mary and Garry more like... Pokemon in a way? They can't take damage unless they're actually in our control. As Mary is never in our control yet, she never has the opportunity to take damage, so that's why her facade holds up.

This reminds me, after the next update, I'll likely be giving the thread its first choice in what ending we'll go after next, though it'll likely be less gameplay-heavy, and also if they want to see the Gallery. So keep an eye out even though this thread's not that popular!