Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Mooey Cow posted:

To work I always wear a red ball on my nose, way too long shoes, colorful wig, big pants.

That's right, i'm dressing to be a politician :ocelot::grin:

it's this edgy, cutting edge humor that make me believe that this dead gay forum has STILL GOT IT! Checkmate, Washington!!!

e: AND a snype?! gently caress ALL CYLINDERS TODAY SOMETHINGAWFUL DOT COM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I dress like the emperor every day but foolish peasants say I'm streaking

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Sometimes I zoom into a meeting without my camera on and say I have a bad connection today but actually I'm just sitting there naked

Not to sound too much like a self-described badass, but I never turn my camera on because the image of my face is not relevant to any possible conversation I could be having with my boss/coworkers. My boss asked me about it once, I explained my rationale for it, and he ended up agreeing with me. It's one of those corporate bullshit things that I think everyone should at least try to push back on.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

Devils Affricate posted:

Not to sound too much like a self-described badass, but I never turn my camera on because the image of my face is not relevant to any possible conversation I could be having with my boss/coworkers. My boss asked me about it once, I explained my rationale for it, and he ended up agreeing with me. It's one of those corporate bullshit things that I think everyone should at least try to push back on.

Look, to be honest, I also don't make excuses, I just didn't also want to sound like a badass. I don't explain if I don't share my video, but i DO video for high level meetings where it will reflect good on me. Otherwise, ya i dgaf. You are correct, it's a bullshit thing.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Every zoom meeting I attend I'm fully exposed as my true self.
They prattle on about this, about that. Always something.
And then I look right into the camera and I smiiile and I say...

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy! That's how far the world is from where I am. One. Bad. Day.
...Do you wanna know how I got these Metrics?..."

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I‘ve worn a suit to every job interview since 2010 when I went from blue collar jobs to white collar. Back in 2017 I had an interview for an engineering coordinator position and naturally I wore a suit and the actual place was some tiny shop out in the middle of nowhere and I’ve never felt so self-conscious.

I was offered my current job 5 minutes after that interview ended.

had this exact experience at my current workplace, same thing, engineering and machine building shop. showed up for an engineering design interview in a suit and the president who interviewed me was wearing khaki shorts, a polo and flip flops lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i show up to every job interview now tho dressed in my full racing gear - fire suit, helmet, hans, the whole getup. really embracing the thread title

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
In case it wasn't clear from my previous post, I don't put clothes on because I would prefer to be a fuckman

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Devils Affricate posted:

In case it wasn't clear from my previous post, I don't put clothes on because I would prefer to be a fuckman

we all want to be the fuckman, but no-one was to have their dick sucked.
woe. betide thee fuckmens.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

drat that's a clean subway car

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's actually a space shuttle, you can tell cause it's pure blackness of outer space beyond the windows. The spaceman forgot to wear his suit and won't make it past the interview.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

How fuckkng bad was Blast Corps though holy poo poo like you see the box thinking HOLY gently caress THIS IS GONNA RULE!

And then its just:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Blast my core

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Will this make the Switch viable?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Poohs Packin posted:

How fuckkng bad was Blast Corps though holy poo poo like you see the box thinking HOLY gently caress THIS IS GONNA RULE!

And then its just:

Time to get movin

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always wear a suit and whether they fit the job or not is really up to chance.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
ACAB and all but the police do pay well if you have spiky black metal shoulder pads to break down a door because after the first lunge you can peek inside and assess the situation

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Nooner posted:

Ive started wearing hawaiian shirts when i go into the office so everyone knows im the Fun IT guy (8

When I've gone in, most people are in shorts and t shirts. So I wear jeans and Hawaiian shirts or this monstrosity:

Basically I'm simultaneously the best and worst dressed in the office.

At my previous job, everyone was required to have an actual photo as their profile pic in Teams. I assumed they were bluffing and got a text message from HR at like 8pm on a Friday telling me to deal with it, like, immediately. It was bizarre. What drives companies to do that poo poo?

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jun 24, 2022

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1157803536/dungoens-and-dragons-cosplay-costume

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
When i walk into the coffee room everyone groans because there's three wolves on my shirt, but then I turn around and there's two more on the back and everyone gasps

Five wolves motherfuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Do you clinch a cheroot cigar between your teeth and wear a duster to go with that