Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Never had premixed alcoholic eggnog that didnt taste like wretched farthole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Once I kick this cold I'm going to celebrate with nog

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

AKA Pseudonym posted:

This right here, the first one in this video, is some really good nog. Made this at a Christmas party and my friend was talking about it for weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyG93WoVZFY&t=709s

Or if you don't want to watch the video:

.5 oz -or- 15 ml Simple Syrup
.5 oz -or- 15 ml Luxardo Maraschino
2 oz -or- 60 ml Bourbon - Used Baker's
1 whole egg
Dry shake
Add ice and shake again
Strain into glass
Top with whole milk (or you milk of choice)
Grate some nutmeg and orange zest

Made this tonight with happy chicken eggs. This is a drat nice bourbon cocktail. Don’t know if it scratches my egg nog itch but it’s real good.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

what does regular milk do to you because that sounds like my experience with lactose intolerance
I drank some plain, non-alcoholic egg nog about an hour ago. I seem to have a minor lactose intolerance since I can handle cheese and things with milk in them fine but drinking a straight glass of milk or a bowl of cereal will gently caress me up. Now it's just a countdown to see which category egg nog falls into.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

its all nice on rice posted:

Are you a lazy piece of poo poo who can't be bothered to mix alcohol with store bought nog?

Buy this instead!

We call it "milk wine."

I found this super delicious peppermint bark liqueur this year. Apparently it's "NEW"

Not eggnog but so much better and it totally fits the holidays. Only downside is it has to be refrigerated.

But if I'm making my eggnog with alcohol I just add sailor jerrys. Come to think of it i tried an extremely good eggnog this year that would be perfect for it... it's bougie as gently caress but omg soooooo good

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Knormal posted:

I drank some plain, non-alcoholic egg nog about an hour ago. I seem to have a minor lactose intolerance since I can handle cheese and things with milk in them fine but drinking a straight glass of milk or a bowl of cereal will gently caress me up. Now it's just a countdown to see which category egg nog falls into.

I did get some "Holiday Nog" by Califia Farms this year that is almond milk based and also doesn't contain eggs. It tastes just fine, especially with bourbon and brandy mixed in.

But if you learn how to mix your own nog, you can use lactose free milk or whatever other milk substitute you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

taste like wretched farthole

Don't kink shame 😒