Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

idk probably, it's just something I heard, that he stopped doing it because eventually they stopped sending him to restaurants that were moderately mismanaged and started sending him to restaurants where you get food poisoning

i recently heard that az is a fluffdaddy alt, who btoh are km's alts quit because of the qcs drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i recently heard that az is a fluffdaddy alt, who btoh are km's alts quit because of the qcs drama

it's Being John Malkovich but everyone is koalas march

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the only kind of Bar Rescue type shows allowed in the US should be Nathan For You style shows where the goal is actually to get into a game of TV Chicken with the small business owner

That was what basically got Kitchen Nightmares cancelled. They had owners who were making their place over the top gross to try and get fame/a free remodel and the show's producers kept sending Ramsey to people who were clearly mentally unstable for views, which required international air travel and pissed him off.

There was an episode called "Amy's Baking Company" that he said convinced him to stop the show. After that episode, they only filmed one more season and then he quit to do Masterchef and one-off specials.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

that's too one-sided. the goal should be to find someone that thinks they want to be TV and push them as far as you can without actually getting them to say "I regret this, please stop"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That was what basically got Kitchen Nightmares cancelled. They had owners who were making their place over the top gross to try and get fame/a free remodel and the show's producers kept sending Ramsey to people who were clearly mentally unstable for views, which required international air travel and pissed him off.

There was an episode called "Amy's Baking Company" that he said convinced him to stop the show. After that episode, they only filmed one more season and then he quit to do Masterchef and one-off specials.

dont post here

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Cranappleberry posted:

LT2012 used to hang out and deal lovely weed at the same gas station. He used to drag a heavy laptop with a modem around so he could make politics posts on slashdot.

ayyy dawg *holds up telephone cord* may i borrow your second line?

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

Cranappleberry posted:

LT2012 used to hang out and deal lovely weed at the same gas station. He used to drag a heavy laptop with a modem around so he could make politics posts on slashdot. He'd always wear a bowtie with his wolf t-shirt and every time he'd make a post, he'd try to spin the tie around and end up choking himself.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

vyelkin posted:

idk probably, it's just something I heard, that he stopped doing it because eventually they stopped sending him to restaurants that were moderately mismanaged and started sending him to restaurants where you get food poisoning

:haw: go ahead, try and kill me peabrain :hist101:

:byodood: <----- you

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol they can't even make it look appetizing in their own pictures

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh.

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

making gordon ramsay eat a vegetable and killing him dead

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

You are threadbanned.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
i.e. stop posting

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

wtf how are ppl ignoring pener so much

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

UK Kitchen Nightmares vs US is a completely different show, Ramsay's barely even the same person on his American stuff

oh yeah this is true for all reality/competition shows, like master chef

America producers specifically write up and demand more drama and zingers and abrasion and hostility. it’s played up way more every man for themselves cutthroatery, individualism, sick owns.

other countries (ie masterchef Australia) versions are vastly more communal solidarity and friendly

honestly a pretty good reflection of American society all things considered

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

that's too one-sided. the goal should be to find someone that thinks they want to be TV and push them as far as you can without actually getting them to say "I regret this, please stop"

isnt that exactly what Nathan For You was?

god i loved that show

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Xaris posted:

America producers specifically write up and demand more drama and zingers and abrasion and hostility. it’s played up way more every man for themselves cutthroatery and sick owns.

other countries (ie masterchef Australia) versions are vastly more communal solidarity and friendly

I remember reading reviews of the Great British Baking Show when it came to Netflix and some of the American reviewers were mad that when contestants are eliminated they just get told "thanks for participating" and get to stay on the show and watch the rest. They were mad that it "deflated" the competition aspect of the show by not harshly punishing and embarrassing the losers.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

god i loved that show

Yes. Check out his spiritual sequel show "The Rehearsal" if you haven't seen it. It is genius and insane.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

god i loved that show

you should checkout Nathan’s new show, it’s not the same as N4U but it’s very good

e beaten

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Xaris posted:

America producers specifically write up and demand more drama and zingers and abrasion and hostility. it’s played up way more every man for themselves cutthroatery, individualism, sick owns.

thats not true, for example in restaurant impossible the show transitioned from fixing restaurants to family therapy, and then robert irvine just started a daily talkshow where he settled peoples conflicts

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

You were banned and told not to interact with ghost dog, instead you have followed him around for 5 years making the same tired fat joke. That is deranged people poo poo. User loses posting privileges for 1 month.

how fat is this guy to have his own bully dropsquad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i enjoy watching chopped

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

Gordon seemed like the most chill guy on Masterchef funny enough. Didnt they also get MPW for Australia and he ended up being super friendly instead of the literal demon his reputation portrays him as

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

i enjoy watching chopped

the judges on choipped suck, i like worst cooks in america and guys grocery games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

anywyas this is turning into an aids chat thread so closing it