Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

One round short of my OP call but well within range for my under bet :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lid posted:

never seen someone just stare at the count

i knew he wasn't getting up by the way he took the knee.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The Ninth Layer posted:

One round short of my OP call but well within range for my under bet :10bux:

yeah i had 100 on tank in the 8th i'm spewing lol

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i knew he wasn't getting up by the way he took the knee.

I kind of thought he was going to try when he nodded at 6, but it just wasn’t there.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Tank and Ryan literally following in the footsteps of Floyd and Oscar respectively.

Can't wait to see all the crazy poo poo Ryan gets into over the next 20 years

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Garcia had his moments in that fight, Davis just too good, and his power is truly fight changing at any time.

Would love to see Davis fight Haney at 135.

Garcia still has a bright future in the sport if he wants it. I could see him having success at the 140 pound division.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I like how they keep talking about the challenges that tank faced growing up in Baltimore, which we all accept to be a post-apocalyptic hellscape, without anything more needing to be said.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The SituAsian posted:

Tank and Ryan literally following in the footsteps of Floyd and Oscar respectively.

Can't wait to see all the crazy poo poo Ryan gets into over the next 20 years

Come to think of it, very reminiscent of the ending of Bhop De La Hoya.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://i.imgur.com/DDRocLr.mp4

slowmo
https://i.imgur.com/GdlBzw7.mp4

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jump King posted:

I kind of thought he was going to try when he nodded at 6, but it just wasn’t there.

that's the thing with liver shots. your head is completely clear so you can really experience the agony. no signal from brain to legs would have got through.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

The Ninth Layer posted:

Come to think of it, very reminiscent of the ending of Bhop De La Hoya.

Exactly what I meant. Except for Ryan not writhing around the ground I guess.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

that was absurd. ryan better have a broken rib. i would like to see more of both of them but ryan's team need to develop him more.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Both have fought fairly comparable competition until now but I can't help but feel there was something to 1) Ryan not taking a fight since last summer 2) Tank having fought on the 'big stage' before, unlike Ryan.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

that's the thing with liver shots. your head is completely clear so you can really experience the agony. no signal from brain to legs would have got through.

Yeah… he came up right after the count and I know that’s just how it is sometimes but it didn’t seem like he was really all that eager to get back in there. It wasn’t the kind of liver shot that had him writhing on the ground. Idk, he was definitely hurt bad.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it is rude but also very funny to call him ryan kaepernick

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

it is rude but also very funny to call him ryan kaepernick

oof lol

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't really think Ryan quit but yeah I also didn't feel like he was trying all that hard to get up.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Seems like he had a broken rib or a few.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't really think Ryan quit but yeah I also didn't feel like he was trying all that hard to get up.

the way he nodded at 6 has me convinced his brain attempted to send a signal to his legs at 8

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Garcia had his moments in that fight

did he though??

he's definitely pleasing to watch but i don't think any of his landed punches would have led to a tank down or ko

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

did he though??

the right hand he caught davis with on the break in the 6th shocked davis.

that's all that i saw.

i think ryan will be really upset when re-watching the way he fought. i think the magnitude of the event really got to him and that was far from his best performance.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Gonna be pretty cool when Canelo retires after the Ryder fight to join LIV golf and Tank officially becomes the new face of boxing while in jail

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Marching Powder posted:

the way he nodded at 6 has me convinced his brain attempted to send a signal to his legs at 8

Yeah he tried to get up but his body wouldnt let him. He needed the break, which is why it looked a bit weird, but he was trying to get up

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yeah he tried to get up but his body wouldnt let him. He needed the break, which is why it looked a bit weird, but he was trying to get up

the way he got up at right at 10 makes me think he could’ve beat the count, but knew he was compromised enough that he was just gonna get put back down in uglier fashion.

and no hate for that if so, he’s got a long career ahead of him and fighting tank while hobbled would’ve done nothing but shorten it

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Spence Crawford baby!!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Lmao so true bestie let’s go Crawford

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

This is the Spence Crawford thread now. Mods please change the name.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. F! posted:

This is the Spence Crawford thread now. Mods please change the name.

Bit conflicted whether I should actually do this or just tell ya'll to make a new thread, cuz like this is from months ago. hmm.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Brut posted:

Bit conflicted whether I should actually do this or just tell ya'll to make a new thread, cuz like this is from months ago. hmm.

You’re right, I didn’t mean to revive this thread and was trying to cover my tracks haha. I’m fine making a new thread

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Brut posted:

Do it!!!

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Fortunate enough to be in the building for this. Wish you guys could feel the energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Click here for the true Spence/Crawford thread, this one is an impostor