Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
with my long lever i can poke Static Girl without incurring any damage to myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

redshirt posted:

She needs to wear shag carpet shoes though in order to generate the charge.

I dont think that'll fly with osha

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Asterite34 posted:

That's ALSO a genuinely good superpower! That's shooting lightning and poo poo! They made a whole Kid's WB Saturday Morning cartoon show about that in the early 2000s

The cool part is that that was in the DC continuity so we can still run with it

Well, you can, I haven’t been accepted here

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

redshirt posted:

She needs to wear shag carpet shoes though in order to generate the charge.

Hey another one that exists https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmkEnkiROF8

You guys could be big shot Hollywood comic book movie writers

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
My first apartment on my own had this super thick shag and the static electricity was scary. I could see lightning bolts from my fingertips to the light switch, before I even touched it! The apartment was also very slanted. Living there was like this strange dream of shocking and rolling....

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Asterite34 posted:

Wait that's actually a legit good mutant power though. Beats the poo poo out of the Wonder Twins, that's for sure.

Time is also frozen for them.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

I come from a terrible timeline where Donald Trump became president. Oh, that happened here too? Yeah, makes sense, this timeline kinda sucks too. Also Cyclops is my dad or second cousin or something I don't know, our family tree is all kinds of hosed up

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Remember that guy from X-Men 3 who had porcupine quills he could retract in and out? That movie wasn't very good.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Final interview notes list for the C-team applicants

Mourning Wood: He says he can make people get erections when they're depressed. Everyone who failed the JV team is currently walking and sitting awkwardly. It seems to be working.

Alanis: Her power is to give people ironic accidents, but they're not really ironic accidents at all, they're just amusingly tragic coincidences. So, in tandem with M. Wood, she caused the some of the failures to just drop out. Less work for us, right?

Personally, I don't think either of these people should be at this school given they're in their 40s, but what the hell do I know.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good luck Professor. I don't envy you.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I am the Knight Shyamalan. I make any battle end with an unexpected twist.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*All the hairs start rising in the general area.....

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I'm Peppermint Twist, the adorkable red-headed love interest who turns into an unstoppable rear end-kicking machine when I remove my eyeglasses and ponytail. My superpower is making X-men forget that I keep betraying them candy, yeah that's the ticket.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

root beer posted:

The cool part is that that was in the DC continuity so we can still run with it

Asterite34 posted:

That's ALSO a genuinely good superpower! That's shooting lightning and poo poo! They made a whole Kid's WB Saturday Morning cartoon show about that in the early 2000s

(Shame that Virgil "Static" Hawkins power is technically electromagnetism, which Magneto already has...)

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Monkey's Paw is my name. I'll grant you a wish, but it will have an unseen side effect.

Wolverine? I can give you back your lost memories, but the downside it'll be just the traumatic bullying you went through.

Rogue? I can make it so you can touch people without your power affecting them, but only if they disgust you.

Professor X? I can give you the ability to walk, but sitting or laying down will cause you extreme pain.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted:

(Shame that Virgil "Static" Hawkins power is technically electromagnetism, which Magneto already has...)

Has Magneto ever shot lightning out of his fingertips?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Well...um.... according to Rouge, not his fingertips but (gestures down) yeah.......

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Well...um.... according to Rouge, not his fingertips but (gestures down) yeah.......

Real question: How can Rogue have sex without killing someone?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Theres a lot of fanfic writers who have probably figured this out before the greatest minds of the Marvel Universe.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

redshirt posted:

Has Magneto ever shot lightning out of his fingertips?

He could if he wanted to.

A lot more, as well. Magnetism as a power tends to be used as basically 'move and shape magnetic metal', ie throw cars at someone, stop bullets in mid air, crush skyscrapers, etc. But you could shoot Magneto with a wooden gun! Well, no, because he can manipulate electromagnetism. Which means he can technically control electrons. And in theory, manipulate, push/pull, break apart, crush, etc etc anything with electrons in it. You know what has electrons in it? Everything.

They basically just have different preferences. Static likes to zap, Magneto likes to magnet. But Static also uses his powers to electromagnetically ride around on trash can lids, so, yeah. In conclusion, barring other outside factors, Magneto can shoot lightning out of his hands or any other body part.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 20, 2023

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

redshirt posted:

Gambit seems willing to take one for the team.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

redshirt posted:

Double wrap condom with clothes on. Gloves, motorcycle helmet the works.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

"For her pleasure"

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Outrail posted:

is your mutant power to detect my fetish

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Outrail posted:

Isn't it considered bad to double wrap? Like, makes it more likely for stuff to slip off?

It's just pure skin to skin, right? One condom, surgical gloves, maybe those rubber lips from Batman and Robin if such a thing exists? You'd have to be very careful despite such things. I think most of Rogue's issues are less 'cannot do the physical nasty' and more 'cannot be intimate with anyone in the way normal people can'. It wears on you if all your friends can't just give you a hug without having to do calculations.

I'll note that in that alternate timeline where Apocalypse took over and Rogue and Magneto were married and had a kid, Rogue had stolen Polaris (ie Magneto's daughter with the same power set) powers instead of Carol Danvers', which allowed some sort of cancelling effect between the two. I wonder more about the 'Battleworld What If' one shot, where Rogue had a kid with Captain America. Somehow.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 21, 2023

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lucky Guy posted:

is your mutant power to detect my fetish

Emma Frost had entered the chat

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Cornwind Evil posted:

Isn't it considered bad to double wrap? Like, makes it more likely for stuff to slip off?

You gotta do the spicy wrap, duh: Condom, layer of deep heat, second condom. If either condom breaks someone is gonna know about it and stop.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

If you pee on me I can tell you if you're pregnant or not.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bonzo posted:

If you pee on me I can tell you if you're pregnant or not.

Huh, that's pretty rare. How did you find out about that mutant ability?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I am able to shoot energizing beams of energy that just kind of slightly deteriorate the sleep quality of whoever I hit for a day or two.

It won't cause insomnia or anything unless you just let me unload on ya for a few solid minutes uninterrupted, but I can't imagine magneto has great sleep anyway so I can probably ruin his mornings a little?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cornwind Evil posted:

I'll note that in that alternate timeline where Apocalypse took over and Rogue and Magneto were married and had a kid, Rogue had stolen Polaris (ie Magneto's daughter with the same power set) powers instead of Carol Danvers', which allowed some sort of cancelling effect between the two. I wonder more about the 'Battleworld What If' one shot, where Rogue had a kid with Captain America. Somehow.

Sperm donation is a thing. And maybe Cap's durable enough to withstand the effects, who knows.

Funny thing is Polaris is generally shown to be weaker than Magneto because of her inexperience with the power, and also that Magneto actually studied electromagnetism and tested the limits of his powers to understand them better.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
I'm called Misty.

My power makes people perceive reality with an MST3K filter of a silhouette of a row of movie theater seats and a few people providing commentary.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I can tear out my fingernails and throw them with moderate accuracy

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
My name is X-Advice. My power gives me enhanced insight into mutant sexual relationships.

You know, the thing with Scott Summers and Emma Frost? It's really a daddy issue he has. Emma's got qualities of both Scott's lovely father figures: Professor X and Jack O'Diamonds, as well as their dominating personalities.

Rogue? Rogue's just using her powers as an excuse to hide her shame of sexual intimacy. She's totally able to have a physical, albeit non-traditional, relationship. Really, she's not that much different than some loser geek who lusts after girls, but is completely terrified of having one touch him through even 3 layers of clothes.

Cypher? He's totally able to get women who are way out of his league by using his powers to manipulate them by observing their body language and reaction to his overtures.

Nightcrawler. You're the most sexually secure member of this team. You need to become less religious, though. Even Daredevil is super Catholic, but he has zero problem sleeping around and just going to confession and he and priest just grin and smile about his sinning and he gets a slap on the wrist.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
My codename is Repressor X.

I use my telepathy to make everyone very sex-negative and chaste and modest in dress.

It's rare, but sometimes the power hits a strange next-level where it accidentally results in everyone just walking around almost completely naked because they lack any sense of sexual interest or arousal in one another and just comment rather clinically on muscle tone and fitness training suggestions.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Look, it's in the rules, if you're a superhero who looks like a demon, dresses like a demon, or literally is an actual demon, you gotta be Catholic.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hi, I'm minor demon Uyusujlus, I snuck out of Hell and would like to get an education.

Demons are mutants, right? Oh, powers? Yeah, I can sneak out of Hell, that's pretty cool, right?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Buce posted:

I can tear out my fingernails and throw them with moderate accuracy

Worked for Ultimate Hawkeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cornwind Evil posted: