Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Having Shane on robs the biggest dorks online of their one example of cancel culture that exists (and it wasn’t even a good one at that).

It’s like Lorne made a deal with the devil that once a season he has to book a host that just makes him and the show look like loving idiots.

Lol if you think they'll ever shut up. Cognitive dissonance is endemic to chuds.

Just wait until they trot out Chappelle again next season for the week after the election 😑

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

EL BROMANCE posted:

Having Shane on robs the biggest dorks online of their one example of cancel culture that exists (and it wasn’t even a good one at that).

It’s like Lorne made a deal with the devil that once a season he has to book a host that just makes him and the show look like loving idiots.

"The most annoying people online"™ just don't care, this is a "victory" against "woke PC culture" and they'll try and get Elon Musk again if they could.

It's the mental gymnastics that is why they will boycott SNL for having trans rights on weekend update, yet say they watch it because Nikki Haley showed up.

It's just busted brain idiots on the Internet. I'm just waiting for the "best of" compilation to tell me the actual good skits this season.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

pwn posted:

And the next live show is going to be hosted by Shane Gillis. The guy who was hired to join the cast in S45, only to be fired before his first episode because of racist poo poo he said on podcasts. He remained in Lorneworld however as he had a big role in Bupkis last year, and now his dumb rear end is gonna host. With music from 21 Savage.

I’m glad that his firing has really seemed to work out for everyone involved. Life is a winding road

He got the profile bump that comes with being an SNL cast member all at once without actually having to be on SNL for 7 years. SNL got to offer a sacrifice to its key Gen X Cat Lady demographic. It was a win-win.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 4, 2024

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Hahaha good timing. I gave myself one more episode before I quit SNL for the rest of the season because this season has been dire. I'm the SNL defender in my house and other than PDD and Weekend Update none of it even cracks a smile anymore.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Bowen, if you leave, I won't blame you one bit.

I think Bowen was one of the people who didn't support him getting canned.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Does anybody else feel like the pendulum is starting to swing the other way when it comes to “woke culture”?

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

W I Z A R D M A S T E R T R O L L I N G D E A D S N L T H R E A D S
I
Z
A
R
D
M
A
S
T
E
R
T
R
O
L
L
I
N
G
D
E
A
D
S
N
L
T
H
R
E
A
D
S

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Watching Ayo's performances from the show I'm betting they're regretting not picking her up a few years back, she was smoking most of the current featured players

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Wizard Master posted:

Does anybody else feel like the pendulum is starting to swing the other way when it comes to “woke culture”?

Only of you believe the conservatives crying that the entertainment is leftist and ignore how conservative the industry really is.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
No thread no.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Khanstant posted:

I think Bowen was one of the people who didn't support him getting canned.

I was going off the Chapelle cameo and Nikki Haley this week, I don't know how he feels about Shane, but, hey, I can't wait for him to be in a skit with him in the cringiest way possible

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Wizard Master posted:

No, there is no such thing as woke culture. lovely comedians are just butthurt that they actually have to be funny instead of racist because the former is hard.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I was going off the Chapelle cameo and Nikki Haley this week, I don't know how he feels about Shane, but, hey, I can't wait for him to be in a skit with him in the cringiest way possible

Those guys (they are all men) are all the same: “They won’t let me say anything! Come see me on the CANCELLED Tour: more than 100 dates in 30 cities! I’ll also be on the Joe Rogan Experience next Thursday, Tuesday, Saturday, and Friday. Catch my appearance on Fallon the week after. WOKE MOB ENDED MY CAREER!”

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Na, right-wing Christians are the same - scream about persecution while being the biggest dickholes to everyone else.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Wow, nice thread we’ve got here

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://x.com/discussingfilm/status/1760047210794742128?s=46&t=_t3R3O4inwGCyXxW88QslQ

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It'll be timed perfectly for the resurgence in Madame Web's popularity

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Kacey is always a pro musical act. :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Go here for further discussion.