Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

zeldadude posted:

I keep doing quick edit but it makes a new post. Is this a bug or am I just going crazy? Actually I know I'm not going crazy because I took a screenshot of the edit window before I posted it and it STILL made a new post. :wtc:

Working fine here.

Edit: See

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

zeldadude posted:

I keep doing quick edit but it makes a new post. Is this a bug or am I just going crazy? Actually I know I'm not going crazy because I took a screenshot of the edit window before I posted it and it STILL made a new post. :wtc:

That's been working fine for me.

Edit: Test.

Edit2: Yup, still working fine.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

duz posted:

Working fine here.

Edit: See

Strange.. I've been able to edit fine today, but the other day I posted like 3 quote!=edit's in a row. Going to test with this one.

test test test

Well now that I posted something I will never be able to recreate it :mad:

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
Download linked to in OP does not work. anyone got an alternate link?

Ebbe Joep
Dec 15, 2007

Men at some time are masters of their fates. The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings.

Zosologist posted:

Download linked to in OP does not work. anyone got an alternate link?

Yeah it looks like bountysource is having some trouble with a webserver.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ebbe Joep posted:

Yeah it looks like bountysource is having some trouble with a webserver.

Their server is back up now but the IP changed so DNS has to propagate. It should be working in a couple hours.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Was there a tweak to get images in quoted posts working properly? I seem to recall there was, and they've stopped working for me after I did a complete reinstall of Firefox.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Was there a tweak to get images in quoted posts working properly? I seem to recall there was, and they've stopped working for me after I did a complete reinstall of Firefox.

If you are using NoScript. Then you need to allow crwdcntrl.net.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Feature request: don't show thread started by people on your ignore list. How possible/hard/likely to happen is this?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.
Sorry to interrupt, but the OP download link hasn't worked in about two days. Is there any chance I could get a mirror?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

pik_d posted:

Feature request: don't show thread started by people on your ignore list. How possible/hard/likely to happen is this?

Do the forums let you know the thread was started by someone you're ignoring?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

duz posted:

Other than the fact that I can read the OP's name, I don't believe so.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Gtab posted:

Sorry to interrupt, but the OP download link hasn't worked in about two days. Is there any chance I could get a mirror?

I tried restarting the computer and refreshing my dns multiple times, and it did not help one bit. I had to have my friend download it and DCC it to me over irc.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Since some people still can't get to Bounty Source, here's a mirror.
http://www.dq5studios.com/sa/salastread.xpi

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

duz posted:

I found a script that does what I REALLY want (keep fyad out of byob) here: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/17719

However I have no idea how to use this to block ignored people, so it doesn't do what I asked. I don't know if it'll help give you any ideas on how to block threads of ignored users or not. Just figured I'd post it since my feature request has pretty much been circumvented (though if it's possible, it's still a good idea).

EDIT: I'm dumb. That greasemonkey script does exactly what I was asking for. It blocks ignored users' threads.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 21, 2008

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

pik_d posted:

EDIT: I'm dumb. That greasemonkey script does exactly what I was asking for. It blocks ignored users' threads.

It also does something that SALR specifically does not do by design - it calls a page independently of user interaction, and it appears to reload it on every load of the BYOB index page. I'm sure SALR could do this, but it would have to collect your ignore list by you manually going to a page that contains the list, like the User Control Panel.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

m2pt5 posted:

It also does something that SALR specifically does not do by design - it calls a page independently of user interaction, and it appears to reload it on every load of the BYOB index page. I'm sure SALR could do this, but it would have to collect your ignore list by you manually going to a page that contains the list, like the User Control Panel.

Well even if I had to do that it wouldn't be so bad, as it's not something updated that often. And when someone is adding to their ignore list SALR should be able to pick that up automatically, right?

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

There may at some point be a feature that tracks what users you have ignored whenever you visit the ignore list in your control panel manually, but SALR will never retrieve information from other pages that you are not viewing, no.

Scripts like that put extra burdens on the forum's database and it struggles enough as it is.

Edit: Anyway, I'll add manually tracking ignored users to my to-do list and hopefully get around to it at some point.

RedKazan fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 22, 2008

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

duz posted:

Since some people still can't get to Bounty Source, here's a mirror.
http://www.dq5studios.com/sa/salastread.xpi

Thank you very much for taking the time to do that. I'm back in the promised land. :)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

If you're reading this thread to see why SALR isn't working on the thread list, it's because of the icon changes. A fix will be pushed out tonight hopefully.

duz fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 23, 2008

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

duz posted:

If you're reading this thread to see why SALR isn't working on the thread list, it's because of the icon changes. A fix will be pushed out tonight hopefully.

Thank you sir.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

duz posted:

Thanks, bro.

Swanson
Mar 9, 2002

Marty, here's your keys. You're all waxed up, ready for tonight.
I just noticed that SALR is showing the number of unread posts over top of the jump to new post link (in light grey text) instead of by the number of replies. This only seems to happen when looking in each forum, but works properly when looking at bookmarked threads.

Firefox 2.0.0.11
SALR 1.99.071227

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Does the "time you've spent on the forums" only count when you have at least one tab of SA open or does it count for each tab of SA you have open?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Swanson posted:

I just noticed that SALR is showing the number of unread posts over top of the jump to new post link (in light grey text) instead of by the number of replies. This only seems to happen when looking in each forum, but works properly when looking at bookmarked threads.

Firefox 2.0.0.11
SALR 1.99.071227

Do you have `Show new replies in reply count column` checked?

m2pt5 posted:

Does the "time you've spent on the forums" only count when you have at least one tab of SA open or does it count for each tab of SA you have open?

Not positive but I think it just counts one.

SURPRISE WITNESS
May 14, 2004

I am pretty sure this is how it is supposed to go.

duz posted:

Do you have `Show new replies in reply count column` checked?

I'm getting the same thing as him, and yes that option is checked. I think it is related to the thread icon changes, though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

SURPRISE WITNESS posted:

I'm getting the same thing as him, and yes that option is checked. I think it is related to the thread icon changes, though.

Same here. I assumed this was what you were talking about duz.

Swanson
Mar 9, 2002

It seems to have started since the last SALR update was pushed out (it never happened before).

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!
I'm seeing the same thing as the last few posters on my end.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain

pik_d posted:

Same here. I assumed this was what you were talking about duz.

Same on both counts here.

MeestarK
Aug 12, 2004
Its cold outside
Hmm, after the latest update it seems that thread highlighting has stopped working, even though its enabled in the options. Sorry if this has been cleared up before, but I didn't see anything in the last few pages.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

MeestarK posted:

Hmm, after the latest update it seems that thread highlighting has stopped working, even though its enabled in the options. Sorry if this has been cleared up before, but I didn't see anything in the last few pages.

duz posted:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

New version, link in first post, known issues in second.

Bug Fix: You can edit/create your own note / colors
Bug Fix: You can ignore threads you've already read
Bug Fix: Thread icon changes no longer cause SALR to crash

duz fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 23, 2008

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Thanks, that fixed it. :)

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Anybody got a mirror? Every bounty source server seems to work besides svn. :(

edit: duz's mirror has been updated too

Swilo fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 23, 2008

Chef Tony
Jun 13, 2005

The Miracle Blade will stay sharp the first time, the fourth time, everytime!
Awesome, no more annoying errors!

Swanson
Mar 9, 2002

duz posted:

New version, link in first post, known issues in second.

The new post issue is now fixed, but I'm getting the error below when clicking on both your links in your post.

Firefox 2.0.0.11
SALR 1.99.080122

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Yep, known error, I'll fix it one day, but no one's mentioned it but you.

Swanson
Mar 9, 2002

Gotcha, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

MeestarK posted:

I love how "I didn't see anything in the last few pages" has become a catchall bullshit line for people to post in here.

Especially when the answer they're looking for is on the page they're posting.

• Locked thread