Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gobblebox
Mar 20, 2004

Lawen posted:

Is there an SALR for Safari3? I recently upgraded and miss all of the SALR functionality, but can't find the old SALR for Safari thread nor any mention of Safari in this thread.

here is the only archived thread I could find on the topic. I would really like an SALR for safari. I doubt anything will ever come to fruition

http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1706787

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Is "Highlight quoted interesting people" under the Colors menu supposed to do quotes of admins/mods/customs in a similar fashion to yourself? If so it's not working, if not it should :)

madprocess
Sep 23, 2004

by Ozmaugh

Swilo posted:

Is "Highlight quoted interesting people" under the Colors menu supposed to do quotes of admins/mods/customs in a similar fashion to yourself? If so it's not working, if not it should :)

It works just fine for me, but then when i highlight people, I give them much different background color settings than normal. I'll test this though, hold on.

OK i tested it with you:

It highlights with the background color you selected, I just happened to choose yellow for you.

madprocess fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 24, 2008

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

Swilo posted:

Tested mods and admins, and no. You're right though, it should, so I'll fix that later. Custom users should be colored in their quotes though (as shown above), including any custom colors applied to mods/admins, it's just not doing the blanket mod/admin background colors from the drop down boxes.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
Weird, yesterday I'd swear it wasn't working on custom users but now it is. The mods and admins were my real target anyway, it's a great feature for squelching noise in threads; kind of like the '?' posts by user link the forums added.

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?
I just installed the version that was last linked in a mirror, 080122.

I can't ignore threads anymore. The context menu says "Inspect Element" grayed out.

Also, I don't know how to reproduce this, but sometimes SALR just stops working. I have to reboot FireFox to get it back.

Otherwise, great add-on. I might make more false promises to join your team and help you develop!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Triple Tech posted:

I just installed the version that was last linked in a mirror, 080122.

I can't ignore threads anymore. The context menu says "Inspect Element" grayed out.

Also, I don't know how to reproduce this, but sometimes SALR just stops working. I have to reboot FireFox to get it back.

Otherwise, great add-on. I might make more false promises to join your team and help you develop!

`Inspect Element` is from FireBug, sounds like your profile might have gotten corrupted.

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?

duz posted:

`Inspect Element` is from FireBug, sounds like your profile might have gotten corrupted.

Huh. Good catch. And now I see the SALR menu again... :arghfist::saddowns:

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Nevermind, I just read about the icon changes.

Generally, it takes a bit of time for the colors to load. I thought that once they'd loaded once, they'd be remembered by the site, and not have a ten-second loading period for the colors to come. Hmmm.

Brodeurs Nanny fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 26, 2008

Demented Footstool
Jan 3, 2007

Do Not Summon The Fire

a sharp thing posted:

Nevermind, I just read about the icon changes.

Generally, it takes a bit of time for the colors to load. I thought that once they'd loaded once, they'd be remembered by the site, and not have a ten-second loading period for the colors to come. Hmmm.

You mean the custom highlighting?

That's done by SALR after the page has finished loading, rather than as the page loads.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Gotcha. I'm still noticing that unvisited threads are staying the default color, instead of the custom colors I chose for them. Is that still being worked on? Threads I've visited work fine.

killer ninjas
Mar 10, 2005
Unfortunately, with 080122 the "Ignore Thread" function is now broken again. :smith:

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
Is it possible to get an option to strip the "Post" button from viewing threads, much like the options to block "Report" on yourself, and "Edit" on others?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
You can do that through userContent.css in your profile's chrome directory, though I'm not sure if it depends on SALR
code:
body.somethingawfulforum_showthread_php img[src="http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/forum-post.gif"] { display: none;}

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Revolvyerom posted:

Is it possible to get an option to strip the "Post" button from viewing threads, much like the options to block "Report" on yourself, and "Edit" on others?

You might be able to do something in Greasemonkey like this (code is totally untested and probably very wrong):
code:
if (location.pathname != 'showthread.php') return;

xPathQuery = document.evaluate(
	'//div[@class="threadbar_bottom"]/ul[@class="postbuttons"]/li[descendant::
img[@src="http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/forum-post.gif"]]',
	document,
	null,
	XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_ITERATOR_TYPE,
	null);
postButton = xPathQuery.iterateNext();

postButton.parentNode.removeChild(postButton);

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 31, 2008

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Zorilla posted:

You might be able to do something in Greasemonkey like this (code is totally untested and probably very wrong):
code:
if (location.pathname != 'showthread.php') return;

xPathQuery = document.evaluate(
	'//div[@class="threadbar_bottom"]/ul[@class="postbuttons"]/li[descendant::
img[@src="http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/forum-post.gif"]]',
	document,
	null,
	XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_ITERATOR_TYPE,
	null);
postButton = xPathQuery.iterateNext();

postButton.parentNode.removeChild(postButton);
Doesn't seem to do anything :(

Zorilla
Mar 23, 2005

GOING APE SPIT

Revolvyerom posted:

Doesn't seem to do anything :(

Oops. I told you it was untested. I think the problem was that the div was named "threadbar bottom" and not "threadbar_bottom" like I thought, but along the way, I found a much more appropriate way to query for a single result using XPaths. I don't think class and id names are supposed to have spaces in them, but oh well, these aren't my forums.

quote:

// ==UserScript==
// @name Something Awful Post Button Remover
// @namespace Zorilla
// @description Removes the "Post" button from thread views in the Something Awful Forums
// @include http://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// ==/UserScript==

if (location.pathname !== '/showthread.php') return;

function xpathQuery(inputElements) {

return document.evaluate(
inputElements,
document,
null,
XPathResult.UNORDERED_NODE_SNAPSHOT_TYPE,
null);

}

// Hide "Post" buttons from thread displays - they will be kept in code because SA Last Read needs at least one to add Quick Quote/Reply buttons
var postButtons = xpathQuery('//div[@class="threadbar top" or @class="threadbar bottom"]/ul[@class="postbuttons"]/li[descendant::img[@src="http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/forum-post.gif" or @src="http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/buttons/fyad-post.gif" or @src="http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/buttons/byob-post.gif"]]');
for (var i = 0; i < postButtons.snapshotLength; i++) {
var postButtonCurrent = postButtons.snapshotItem(i);
postButtonCurrent.style.display = 'none';
}

// Fix bottom bar padding
var threadBarBottom = xpathQuery('//div[@class="threadbar bottom"]').snapshopItem(0);
threadBarBottom.style.paddingBottom = '3px';
I actually bothered to test it this time and it should work.

Edit: the script is updated and should now fix the padding issue when the "Post" button is removed.

Zorilla fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 31, 2008

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Zorilla posted:

I don't think class and id names are supposed to have spaces in them, but oh well, these aren't my forums.

The class and id fields are a space separated list of class names and ids respectively.

And before anyone asks, no this won't be incorporated into SALR. Forum darwinism and all that.

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
I feel a little weird asking this here, but I use Opera and the Opera last read recently got borked by some forum changes I think. I looked for the old opera last read thread, but I couldn't find a recent one.

I can't search, but I looked back maybe 15 pages and didn't see it. I don't know what the situation with it is though.

Mantis of Atlantis
Aug 7, 2006

I have lens envy

hobb posted:

I feel a little weird asking this here, but I use Opera and the Opera last read recently got borked by some forum changes I think. I looked for the old opera last read thread, but I couldn't find a recent one.

I can't search, but I looked back maybe 15 pages and didn't see it. I don't know what the situation with it is though.

Yeah SALR stopped working in Opera for me today, too. Why did the Opera thread stop being updated? I almost can't stand using the forums without SALR anymore, I keep missing posts by the OP.

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!

moomoocowsly posted:

Yeah SALR stopped working in Opera for me today, too. Why did the Opera thread stop being updated? I almost can't stand using the forums without SALR anymore, I keep missing posts by the OP.

I came in here to find out the same thing. Where's Moho when you need him?

Saint Jerome
Sep 14, 2004

I will unite the Jews!

turtle_07 posted:

I came in here to find out the same thing. Where's Moho when you need him?

I am also interested in what's going on with SALR for Opera.

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!
Good, so I'm not the only one to have Opera SALR stop working.

GobyWan
Jun 5, 2006
tiny plastic novelty palm trees are all I need
I figured someone in this thread would have noticed Opera SALR not working for forum views anymore. Oddly, it still displays threads properly. I wish I had some idea how to fix it, but I am not a coder - hopefully Moho reads this thread and can do something about it.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Zorilla posted:

I actually bothered to test it this time and it should work.
It does! Thanks.

duz posted:

And before anyone asks, no this won't be incorporated into SALR. Forum darwinism and all that.
That's just silly and unfortunate, but I guess we've got a working script from Zorilla :)

Dastardly Repressed
May 8, 2004

by WORST ADMIN EVER
Yeah for some reason the link to all the people who posted in a thread was removed from the reply column. The old Opera thread got archived I think. Here's a fixed version: http://junk.ionmine.com/salr2/salr2_main.js

And um, sup Firefox guys.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0070 posted:

Yeah for some reason the link to all the people who posted in a thread was removed from the reply column. The old Opera thread got archived I think. Here's a fixed version: http://junk.ionmine.com/salr2/salr2_main.js

GenAdmin removed it since it was causing a performance hit and few used it
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&postid=339136337#post339119897

Sergeant Hobo
Jan 7, 2007

Zhu Li, do the thing!

It's all fixed again! Oh yes.

And, yeah, maybe it's time to stop tailgating the Firefox thread. :sweatdrop:

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Thanks. For a moment I was about to complain about the changed colours, but I relilzed it was just the LogMeIn remote desktop using less colour depth.

The forums based one has pretty decent functionality, but it's still pretty far behind the javascript SALR.

Nobdy
Apr 12, 2004
LOLLERZ LOLLERZ LOLLERZ LOLLERZ

Thanks for the fix man. For some reason this change broke only one of my computers, which was very confusing.

Lujei Piche
Jun 6, 2003

I have felt the swaying of the elephant's shoulders; and now you want me to climb on a jackass? Try to be serious.
Opera Last Read seems to be broken again: everything was working as normal when I first got on today, then I left for a while to go rake leaves, without closing the forums or my browser. When I came back, all of my marked threads were grayed-out and the option to jump to the last read post had disappeared, even though it said there were new posts in the threads. Restarting Opera, my computer and the salrd2_background.exe did nothing to fix it. :(

Dastardly Repressed
May 8, 2004

by WORST ADMIN EVER

Yomiko posted:

Opera Last Read seems to be broken again: everything was working as normal when I first got on today, then I left for a while to go rake leaves, without closing the forums or my browser. When I came back, all of my marked threads were grayed-out and the option to jump to the last read post had disappeared, even though it said there were new posts in the threads. Restarting Opera, my computer and the salrd2_background.exe did nothing to fix it. :(

Yeah the feature which was removed the other day apparently came back today. New version once again here: http://junk.ionmine.com/salr2/salr2_main.js

If for some reason the change is once again reversed it should work in both cases now.

Dastardly Repressed fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 4, 2008

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Yeah the feature which was removed the other day apparently came back today. New version once again here: http://junk.ionmine.com/salr2/salr2_main.js

If for some reason the change is once again reversed it should work in both cases now.

I just got a new laptop and am trying to update my Opera on it but can't seem to get this SALR or the SA menu to work on it. How do I get Opera to run this as an add-on as opposed to just opening it as a text page full of scripting language. I just DLed the newest version of opera maybe three days ago BTW.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Shaffness posted:

I just got a new laptop and am trying to update my Opera on it but can't seem to get this SALR or the SA menu to work on it. How do I get Opera to run this as an add-on as opposed to just opening it as a text page full of scripting language. I just DLed the newest version of opera maybe three days ago BTW.

You need to install the full package of stuff along with the daemon that runs in the background. Try downloading salr2r8.zip, I think the full archive includes instructions.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Revolvyerom posted:

And how about removing the 'Quote' button from our own posts too?

I couldn't tell how many times I've stupidly hit 'quote' instead of 'edit' and ended up with a double post.

But otherwise, I have infinite love for SALR.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Gorilla Salad posted:

And how about removing the 'Quote' button from our own posts too?

I couldn't tell how many times I've stupidly hit 'quote' instead of 'edit' and ended up with a double post.

But otherwise, I have infinite love for SALR.

If you do implement this please allow us to turn it off via a check box somewhere. I find it useful to quote myself sometimes either when something I said was overlooked or posting in BYOB.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I hate to ask if this has already been addressed but is there supposed to be a scrollbar in the "Custom User Highlighting and Notes" panel?

Right now I can only highlight 8 and a half people.

RedKazan
Apr 4, 2003

The Flying Milton posted:

I hate to ask if this has already been addressed but is there supposed to be a scrollbar in the "Custom User Highlighting and Notes" panel?

Right now I can only highlight 8 and a half people.

Mine has a scrollbar. OS? Do you have a special theme or something?

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

RedKazan posted:

Mine has a scrollbar. OS? Do you have a special theme or something?

Windows XP. I'm using non-default themes for XP and Firefox but I just switched them to their originals and it didn't fix the problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Would it be possible in some future iteration to change the text color of certain users, similar to the user highlighting now?

I want to tweak some of the highlighting color schemes, but it may make things stand out more if I can change text color as well as just user names colors.

• Locked thread