Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astral
Apr 26, 2004

duz posted:

Updated!

Thanks to astral for fixing this as soon as it broke so I didn't have to.

Notes for this version:
  • SALR now works with the new post authentication system, fixing the scary posting errors
  • Bugfix: The "Show threads in bookmark list with new posts first" option will no longer put completely-read sticky threads near the top of your bookmarks list
  • Bugfix: You can't add an empty userid for user highlighting anymore
  • UI clarification: The dialog for adding a userid for highlighting now makes it clear that it wants a number, not a name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Zorilla posted:

Yeah, this looks like kind of a dick move, but it probably has something to do with bringing back double post protection in a more robust manner (I'm guessing it's through the hidden "formkey" field in the reply form. Biz is probably working on getting the Quick Reply window to pull this code on open).

edit: aaah, I feel like Homer trying to use the phone after the area code split. This is going to take some getting used to.

It wasn't really much of a problem for me, since I've had to get re-acquainted with the old method of posting due to still having problems with the submit button being intermittently disabled. I still haven't been able to reproduce it reliably. In fact, while I was typing the paragraph after this one, the Submit button became re-enabled. :wtc:

Incidentally, while typing this I noticed that if the Quick Reply window is open, my main Firefox window is unresponsive - I can't open a new tab, a new window, or bring up the menubar (I use an extension that hides it unless I hit Alt). Any ideas?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

hooah posted:

It wasn't really much of a problem for me, since I've had to get re-acquainted with the old method of posting due to still having problems with the submit button being intermittently disabled. I still haven't been able to reproduce it reliably. In fact, while I was typing the paragraph after this one, the Submit button became re-enabled. :wtc:

Incidentally, while typing this I noticed that if the Quick Reply window is open, my main Firefox window is unresponsive - I can't open a new tab, a new window, or bring up the menubar (I use an extension that hides it unless I hit Alt). Any ideas?

What Firefox version and OS are you running? If the unresponsiveness is a recurring problem, can you make a new Firefox profile (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows if you use windows, or http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager otherwise), install SALR in the new profile, disable any other extensions that may have been installed for all users, and then see if the unresponsiveness/other weirdness still happens?

astral fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 11, 2008

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

astral posted:

What Firefox version and OS are you running? If the unresponsiveness is a recurring problem, can you make a new Firefox profile (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_new_Firefox_profile_on_Windows if you use windows, or http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager otherwise), install SALR in the new profile, disable any other extensions that may have been installed for all users, and then see if the unresponsiveness/other weirdness still happens?

I created a new profile about two months ago, and it didn't change anything. However, I did not try disabling all other extensions. Perhaps when I have some time (ha!) I'll re-do the process.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Thanks a lot for the quick fix, really appreciate it. You guys are the best :)

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

astral posted:

• SALR now works with the new post authentication system, fixing the scary posting errors

Mine didn't auto-update, but I clicked your link and did it manually. It works for me, thanks!

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!
You guys are awesome! Lovin' you. :gay:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Throwing out there that the message on the post authentication failure screen about SALR possibly causing problems isn't new. It was added way back when they added the first formkey system to authenticate posts to the forums, and that was back when I was still working on SALR, so it's been there a few years at least.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

m2pt5 posted:

Edit: I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't actually have any stickies bookmarked.

Some people would and I don't know you, no offense was intended.

Edit: woop! life is good. Thanks SALR folks for fixing those issues practically faster than possible.

wormil fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Nov 11, 2008

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Thanks for the fix, it seems to have gone up practically before I even noticed there was a problem!

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Thanks for the quick fix, you guys are awesome.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Thanks for the fix!

crm
Oct 24, 2004

fannnntastic. you guys are awesome. good job on the quick turnaround.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Awesome extension. Glad to see the authorisation thing got fixed!

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
I came here because of the posting error and was pleasantly surprised to see it's already been fixed. Awesome work.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Thanks to the SALR team for the quick update!

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
I came in here to scream and huff and puff because of the forums update, and lo and behold, it's already fixed. Good job guys; it's much appreciated.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I still can't post using quick reply. Firefox says there are no updates for SALR either.

Using SALR 1.99.080805

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Bucket Joneses posted:

I still can't post using quick reply. Firefox says there are no updates for SALR either.

Using SALR 1.99.080805
Well the current version is 1.99.081110, so update manually I guess?

And FYI the version is a date, your build is August 5, 2008.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Bucket Joneses posted:

Using SALR 1.99.080805

That's odd; update manually and that should fix it.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

astral posted:

I'm running into the same problem, running the nightly 1.99.* build.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mozilla changed what they allow extensions they host to do so if you've installed the version from there, it won't auto update.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

duz posted:

Mozilla changed what they allow extensions they host to do so if you've installed the version from there, it won't auto update.

I did a manual update directly from the link I previously quoted, and also from when the update was initially released.

Rekka
Feb 1, 2004

oh god, it's.... THE DOOOO!
Ah man, awesome! :D Cheers for this, the submit button being greyed out still sucks though.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Thanks for continuing the work on this.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
Many thanks!

wajack
Nov 5, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thank you!

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
I manually updated and now pretty much nothing is working, the quick reply button doesn't trigger anything, and all my user colour codes got deleted :doh:

Luckily I have FEBE backups, but is SALR officially broken for the time being?

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Harmonica posted:

I manually updated and now pretty much nothing is working, the quick reply button doesn't trigger anything, and all my user colour codes got deleted :doh:

Luckily I have FEBE backups, but is SALR officially broken for the time being?
Reading the thread leads me to believe that SALR is officially fixed, and it's just unofficially broken for you.

Pento McGreno
May 4, 2004

Cheese.
Embedded video feature request! Apparently high quality embedded YouTube videos are possible. See here: http://www.kottke.org/08/11/high-quality-youtube-video-hack

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa

Jethro posted:

Reading the thread leads me to believe that SALR is officially fixed, and it's just unofficially broken for you.

Yeah well I wasn't sure whether work had been done on the forums since (I did read the thread) :)

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

For whatever reason I'm unable to mark a particular stickied thread as unread. I'll click the red X and while that disappears, the thread is still highlighted blue. Is this a forum-side issue? Anybody else experiencing any issues?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Biaxident posted:

For whatever reason I'm unable to mark a particular stickied thread as unread. I'll click the red X and while that disappears, the thread is still highlighted blue. Is this a forum-side issue? Anybody else experiencing any issues?

Do you have it bookmarked?

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

astral posted:

Do you have it bookmarked?

Yes. Am I missing something obvious here?

StarGeezer
Oct 28, 2007

...timeless, formless...

astral posted:

Thank you so much for the update, the forums wouldn't be the same without it.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005
Am I the only one still not getting the yellow box in the reply column for that I have replied to? :confused:

Generated: Sat Nov 15 2008 13:54:21 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.18) Gecko/20081029 Firefox/2.0.0.18 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Build ID: 2008102918

Enabled Extensions: [48]
- Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5
- Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5
- Add Bookmark Here 0.5.8
- Allow Right-Click 0.4
- Always Remember Password 0.6
- AspellFox 0.8.1
- Bookmark Duplicate Detector 0.7.2
- BugMeNot 1.3
- Copy Link Name 1.2.6
- Copy Plain Text 0.3.3
- CustomizeGoogle 0.76
- Download Statusbar 0.9.6.3
- DownThemAll! 1.0.3
- Drag de Go 0.2.5
- Enhanced Bookmark Search 0.1.4.04.1
- Enhanced History Manager 0.5.8.05.1
- Extended Link Properties 1.2.3
- Extended Statusbar 1.5.3
- Favicon Picker 2 0.3.4.3
- FEBE 5.3.1
- FlashGot 1.1.4
- Flat Bookmark Editing 0.8.1
- Forecastbar Enhanced 0.9.6
- Gmail Manager 0.5.5
- Gmail Space 0.5.97
- Greasemonkey 0.8.20080609.0
- IE Tab 1.3.3.20070528
- Image Zoom 0.3.1
- MayhemEx 0.4.4
- Menu Editor 1.2.6
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.0
- MinimizeToTray 0.0.1.2006102615+
- MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.3.1
- NoScript 1.8.4.1
- OpenBook 1.3.4.1
- Paste and Go 2 0.8
- PDF Download 2.0.0.0
- Plain Text Links 0.3
- RetailMeNot 2.2
- SomethingAwful Last Read Enhancement 1.99.081110
- Sort Bookmarks 0.7.0
- Stop-or-Reload Button 0.2.2
- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.3
- TextZoom 1.7.0
- Track Package 2.4
- Unhide Passwords 1.2.3
- UnPlug 1.6.06
- Zoomy 2.0

Installed Themes: [7]
- Bricks for Firefox 1.8.33
- Fallout Theme 0.3.0r
- Firefox (default)
- LittleFox 1.8.42
- MicroFox 1.8.42
- Nautipolis for Firefox 1.8.42
- Walnut for Firefox 1.8.42

Installed Plugins: (13)
- Adobe Acrobat
- IE Tab Plug-in
- Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U7
- MetaStream 3 Plugin
- Microsoft® DRM
- Mozilla Default Plug-in
- QuickTime Plug-in 7.5.5
- RealPlayer Version Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
- Shockwave Flash
- Shockwave for Director
- Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
- Windows Presentation Foundation

I would upgrade to FireFox 3.0*. However there are 4 extensions that have not been updated for 3.0*.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
As far as I know, that feature is mostly broken right now.

Aratoeldar posted:

I would upgrade to FireFox 3.0*. However there are 4 extensions that have not been updated for 3.0*.

Nightly Tester Tools lets you override/force compatibility even if the extension says it's not compatible.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

m2pt5 posted:

As far as I know, that feature is mostly broken right now.

It's working sporadically.

m2pt5 posted:

Nightly Tester Tools lets you override/force compatibility even if the extension says it's not compatible.

That won't make the extension work, it'll just enable it. It might not work, it might even make things worse.

Paccione
Aug 17, 2003

The most famous shot in the history of television
Just an idea that's not on 'the list' in the OP. Can you make an SA Menu button that can go in the 'Customize Toolbar' iconic list? I recently discovered Tiny Menu, and while it's great, it eats up the SA menu in to it and does not allow it as an collapsed exception.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

duz posted:

That won't make the extension work, it'll just enable it. It might not work, it might even make things worse.

I've run across extensions that just don't work even when forced with NTT, but none that made anything worse. I don't even remember why I still have NTT installed.

• Locked thread