Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Biaxident posted:

Yes. Am I missing something obvious here?

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming he's asking because a lot of times if you can't mark something unread in the thread's forum, you can still mark it unread from the bookmark list. But I'd still say that's more than likely a forum-side issue, since SALR doesn't have anything at all to do with tracking last read status anymore, that's all the forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

Idran posted:

I'm not sure, but I'm assuming he's asking because a lot of times if you can't mark something unread in the thread's forum, you can still mark it unread from the bookmark list. But I'd still say that's more than likely a forum-side issue, since SALR doesn't have anything at all to do with tracking last read status anymore, that's all the forums.

I figured that might be what he meant so I tried it. Unfortunately it didn't work.

Contrabassoon
Jan 29, 2002
REALLY SHITTY POSTER
It seems like there's an incompatibility between the current SALR and the Firefox 3.1b2pre line--the first post on any given page of a thread will get the SALR CSS classes/mod highlighting/etc. attached, but subsequent posts won't. I tried it both with and without the new JavaScript JIT options enabled, same result either way.

Tested using Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081117 Minefield/3.1b2pre, no other extensions enabled. It worked just fine in the official 3.1b1 release.

ed: I found the exact build where it breaks. Worked fine in 20081113, is broken in 20081114.

Contrabassoon fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 17, 2008

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Contrabassoon posted:

It seems like there's an incompatibility between the current SALR and the Firefox 3.1b2pre line--the first post on any given page of a thread will get the SALR CSS classes/mod highlighting/etc. attached, but subsequent posts won't. I tried it both with and without the new JavaScript JIT options enabled, same result either way.

Tested using Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2pre) Gecko/20081117 Minefield/3.1b2pre, no other extensions enabled. It worked just fine in the official 3.1b1 release.

ed: I found the exact build where it breaks. Worked fine in 20081113, is broken in 20081114.

I'll take a look and see if it's exposing something wrong on SALR's end.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Contrabassoon posted:

I'm still looking into it, but as a temporary workaround, you can disable the lower-right corner navigators to remove some of the weirdness.

Update: I think I see the problem, and I've discovered an unrelated lower-right corner navigator bug along the way. Working on a fix!

Update 2: I've fixed the incidentally-discovered bug and addressed part of the b2pre issue. Still a bit more to go.

Update 3: All set now. Fix will be available in the next SALR build. Thanks for reporting the issue!

astral fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 18, 2008

Contrabassoon
Jan 29, 2002
REALLY SHITTY POSTER
Cool. I built it off of CVS and it works great.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked, but are there any plans for porting this to chrome?

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked, but are there any plans for porting this to chrome?

I was about to say "what the gently caress are you talking about, that's how it's already developed" before realizing you're talking about Google's browser and not the Mozilla core.

God I loving hate that name.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

If chrome ever supports a plugin architecture, then I'm sure someone will take a crack at it. Currently, chrome is just showing the beginnings of support for greasemonkey scripts, which may be enough to get most of the features working, but it'll have limitations, because greasemonkey is stateless.

Fitret
Mar 25, 2003

We are rolling for the King of All Cosmos!

EoRaptor posted:

If chrome ever supports a plugin architecture, then I'm sure someone will take a crack at it. Currently, chrome is just showing the beginnings of support for greasemonkey scripts, which may be enough to get most of the features working, but it'll have limitations, because greasemonkey is stateless.

I would love to just have a dynamic menu (bookmark folder?) of SA subforums. That's honestly what I miss the most about not having SALR in Google Chrome.

grrowl
Jan 17, 2007

I LOVE 4CHAN YIFF YIFF YIFF

EoRaptor posted:

there's a greasemonkey plugin for chrome that hooks into some debugging functions in chrome. I was thinking of re-implementing SALR cross-browser style soon but to be honest I don't think most chrome users will pick it up if they have to install greasemonkey-for-chrome as well. thoughts, chrome goons?

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

grrowl posted:

there's a greasemonkey plugin for chrome that hooks into some debugging functions in chrome. I was thinking of re-implementing SALR cross-browser style soon but to be honest I don't think most chrome users will pick it up if they have to install greasemonkey-for-chrome as well. thoughts, chrome goons?
One of the worst things about Chrome is lack of access to SALR. I'd download greasemonkey-for-chrome just for it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
If anyone cares, my grayed-out submit button got fixed. Not entirely sure when, but I haven't had to copy and paste from the quick reply window in at least a couple days. I don't think I changed anything about FireFox or SALR in the interim, but who knows.

Segaholic2
Jun 6, 2003

I know this has been answered before but I couldn't find it. Quote highlighting isn't working, how do I get this to work again?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Segaholic2 posted:

I know this has been answered before but I couldn't find it. Quote highlighting isn't working, how do I get this to work again?

The easiest way is to open about:config and make sure extensions.salastread.username has your username.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Could you add an option to make the embedded YouTube videos you get from clicking on links high quality?

Explanation here.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Whoa. Apparently there's normal, fmt=18 (high quality) and fmt=22 (720p)

Amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&fmt=22

astral
Apr 26, 2004

flatluigi posted:

Could you add an option to make the embedded YouTube videos you get from clicking on links high quality?

Explanation here.

I actually stealthily added this yesterday (it was suggested earlier in the thread). If duz approves, you'll see it in the next build. ;)

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

duz posted:

The easiest way is to open about:config and make sure extensions.salastread.username has your username.
For some reason, thread highlighting is working, highlighting on quoted portions of my posts are working, but highlighting of read posts is not. I double checked to be sure I hadn't checked the "don't highlight posts in a thread" option, I've double checked this, I even made sure it wasn't just some odd thing with the color, I can't think of what else it might be. Any ideas?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

astral posted:

I actually stealthily added this yesterday (it was suggested earlier in the thread). If duz approves, you'll see it in the next build. ;)

Is there an option as to which setting to use? I like format 18, but format 22 causes my computer to seize up.

Segaholic2
Jun 6, 2003

duz posted:

Cool, thanks very much.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

m2pt5 posted:

Is there an option as to which setting to use? I like format 18, but format 22 causes my computer to seize up.

It's an option to use format 18 for everything or just the regular embed. Most videos don't have a format 22 version, and I'm not sure if there's an easy way we can detect whether or not a given video has one.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

grrowl posted:

The greeasemonkey developer is also a google employee and developer on the chrome project, so it's near certain greasemonkey or something very close will make it into chrome sooner or later. When, however, is completely unknown.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I am having a problem using SALR to post with Quick Reply. I keep getting the following message...

code:
The request you just submitted appears to have been forged in some way!
 A check to make sure your request was authentic failed. This could be because
 you clicked on a malicious link or visited some other website that tried to 
perform a malicious act on your behalf. In order to protect your account, 
your request will be ignored.

IMPORTANT!
Third-party methods of posting may not work. This includes browser extensions
 (ie. the quick-reply feature of the SA Last Read FireFox Extension) and off-site forms.
 If you are using either of these, this is why you are receiving this message.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE POSTING USING THE ACTUAL SA FORUMS POST/REPLY FORMS!
 We do not support anything else, so do not email us about it! 
I had to turn off some things in SALR to get this to post.

*Edit* - I had to turn off the "use quick reply..." portion of SALR.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 21, 2008

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Trastion posted:

I am having a problem using SALR to post with Quick Reply. I keep getting the following message...

I had to turn off some things in SALR to get this to post.

*Edit* - I had to turn off the "use quick reply..." portion of SALR.

Update to the latest version.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
edit: nm, maybe it was my imagination but I thought thumbnailed images were not showing up but now they are.

wormil fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 22, 2008

IcePotato
Dec 29, 2003

There was nothing to fear
Nothing to fear

wormil posted:

edit: nm, maybe it was my imagination but I thought thumbnailed images were not showing up but now they are.

It's near the end of the month, so waffleimages is out of bandwidth again :v:

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Using this version, with Firefox 3.0.4 and I'm still not able to use the quick quote/reply feature.

It opens a window with

[[ Please wait, retrieving post quote... ]]

and never retrieves the post that I'm quoting or give me the ability to click the 'Submit' button.

Crop Top Skank
Apr 4, 2007

I also am still having this same problem, and have had it at least since I started using the Firefox 3 betas. I recently starting using a new Firefox profile but, alas, the problem remains.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Feature request: SALR's image scaling option is really useful for oversized pictures, but it's less useful when you want to expand an image that's already in a [timg] tag. An option to disable scaling when trying to expand timgs would be cool.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

IcePotato posted:

It's near the end of the month, so waffleimages is out of bandwidth again :v:

That might make sense if it were only waffleimages or the pictures didn't disappear, reappear. Here's an example:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=352609475&forumid=167

Sometimes I see the red squiggly lines and sometimes its just blank where the images should be.

FF3 & latest SALR

[and suddenly quick reply isn't working]

Only registered members can see post attachments!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

wormil posted:

That might make sense if it were only waffleimages or the pictures didn't disappear, reappear. Here's an example:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=352609475&forumid=167

Sometimes I see the red squiggly lines and sometimes its just blank where the images should be.

FF3 & latest SALR

[and suddenly quick reply isn't working]

That's because those images don't link to a full sized version but instead to a page full of ads and a timer to prevent you from seeing the full version. I'll add that domain to the blacklist to prevent it from being converted.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

duz posted:

That's because those images don't link to a full sized version but instead to a page full of ads and a timer to prevent you from seeing the full version. I'll add that domain to the blacklist to prevent it from being converted.

Thanks, I'll post more examples as I happen upon them.

edit: here's another
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=352585365&forumid=1

wormil fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 24, 2008

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Okay, apparently I can't attach an image using edit or quick reply, so here is the image.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

netw1z
Oct 19, 2008
. . .
Just a minor thing I noticed: in the Starred Threads submenu if you have nothing starred it says 'No have no threads starred.' as opposed to 'You have no threads starred.'

astral
Apr 26, 2004

comstud posted:

Just a minor thing I noticed: in the Starred Threads submenu if you have nothing starred it says 'No have no threads starred.' as opposed to 'You have no threads starred.'

Fixed for the next build, thanks!

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!
I apologize if I'm touching on something that has already been addressed. I follow the thread but have been known to be dumb once or twice.

I've been noticing an issue with SALR converting links to images which I will illustrate with this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3018022

With SALR enabled \/\/\/\/\/

With SALR disabled \/\/\/\/\/

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Biaxident posted:

I apologize if I'm touching on something that has already been addressed. I follow the thread but have been known to be dumb once or twice.

I've been noticing an issue with SALR converting links to images which I will illustrate with this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3018022

With SALR enabled \/\/\/\/\/

With SALR disabled \/\/\/\/\/

It's the same as above, the images don't actually link to images but pages of ads with the image. I'll add photobucket to the blacklist.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is flickr on the blacklist? I've noticed that some flickr links get converted, but not others, even in the same post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netw1z
Oct 19, 2008
. . .
Would it be possible to have an option to import/export settings? I use Firefox on 3 different computers and have made lots of changes to the default configuration.

• Locked thread