Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horribleslob
Nov 23, 2004
If this isn't already done and I'm just too retarded to see it, would somebody be willing to add a coloring option for "my post is quoted" outside of the thread? Like how it gets yellow when a new post is added to a visited thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Lief posted:

If this isn't already done and I'm just too retarded to see it, would somebody be willing to add a coloring option for "my post is quoted" outside of the thread? Like how it gets yellow when a new post is added to a visited thread.

We have no way of knowing if you were quoted or not without looking at the thread and we are not allowed to request pages, we can only work with what the user requested. (SA's rules, not Firefox's).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
A new formatting vB code has just been added: [ pre][/pre]

pre:
Basically, it's [ code][/ code], but it keeps formatting.
I hope to see it added in the next update.

Alfajor
Jun 10, 2005

The delicious snack cake.
Can't quick-reply using SALR anymore :(

quote:

The request you just submitted appears to have been forged in some way! A check to make sure your request was authentic failed. This could be because you clicked on a malicious link or visited some other website that tried to perform a malicious act on your behalf. In order to protect your account, your request will be ignored.

IMPORTANT!
Third-party methods of posting may not work. This includes browser extensions (ie. the quick-reply feature of the SA Last Read FireFox Extension) and off-site forms. If you are using either of these, this is why you are receiving this message.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE POSTING USING THE ACTUAL SA FORUMS POST/REPLY FORMS! We do not support anything else, so do not email us about it!

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

Alfajor posted:

Still seems to work for me?

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot

Alfajor posted:

This was the defining error of the last forums update. Perhaps you have an earlier version of SALR?

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS
Feature Request:
I would like the SALR menu to act more like the Bookmarks menu. I've got two smaller feature requests that detail the behaviour I'm looking for.

1. Middle-click consistency
Middle clicking on any item in the SA menu results in the the SA menu closing as Firefox opens the related page in a new tab.

2. Pinned forums act as tree
Such that Pinned Forums section of the menu is replaced with submenu listing your pinned forums. Or groups of pinned forums. When combined with the Middle-click consistency multiple forums could be opened by middle clicking on the Pinned forums item in the SALR menu.

A tree with only one level wouldn't be much of a tree.
So I would like to be able to include a folder mechanic in the Pinned Forums submenu. For example, most of the time I browse the forums I want to look through GBS, A/T and AI. When the mood strikes me I feel like looking at E/N and Helldump.
I might want to set up my SALR menu to look like this:
pre:
SA -> \
  Stuff that's already there
  -----------
  Pinned Forums -> \
      Regular -> \ 
         GBS
         A/T
         AI
      Schadenfreude ->\
         E/N
         HD2K
Ideally I'd like to see both features working in tandem. So that I could middle click on Pinned Forums and have SALR open new tabs for each forum in any subdirectory of my Pinned Forums sub menu while closing the SALR menu. Or if I feel like laughing at losers on the internet. I want to be able to just middle click on Schadenfreude.

In the case where a subforum belongs to multiple categories and I indicate that I want to open everything, SALR should catch the duplicates and only open one instance of each forum in the list.

If the Acts As Tree request is implemented, would it be possible to add the items already in the SALR menu to Pinned Forums folders? Such that I could add my Control Panel to the General Folder in the above example.

I realize that this could easily be done with bookmarks. But, with the exception of "Configure SALastRead..." the entire SA menu is just autogenerated site specific Bookmarks.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Argon_Sloth posted:

1. Middle-click consistency
Middle clicking on any item in the SA menu results in the the SA menu closing as Firefox opens the related page in a new tab.

I've been meaning to change this back. I'll try to get it done and push out a new version with it and the other changes this weekend.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Carnivean posted:

This was the defining error of the last forums update. Perhaps you have an earlier version of SALR?

I've been saying I'm having the exact same problem through the last 3 pages and have been running the nightly build that you posted a link to several pages back. Everything else on the forums works properly, just not quick reply or quick quote.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

I've been saying I'm having the exact same problem through the last 3 pages and have been running the nightly build that you posted a link to several pages back. Everything else on the forums works properly, just not quick reply or quick quote.

To clarify, you're having this problem with SALR version 1.99.081110? (The version number should be displayed in the Firefox addons manager)

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
For some reason SA last read wont install? I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 and the build linked to on the last page.

It says 'restart to complete installation' but doesnt show up anywhere after I DO restart. Any ideas?

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat
OK, threads aren't indicating whether or not I've posted in them (i.e. the replies count being yellow). Is this broken, or is it just me?

If it's just me, what is the proper, complete way to completely reinstall SALR? I thought it was just remove it in the Add-ons menu and delete those two files from the user profile. Is there something I'm missing, because this didn't seem to completely remove it - all my settings were retained and my pinned forums were left in-tact... I'm on Vista 64 and Firefox 3.0.4.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

astral posted:

To clarify, you're having this problem with SALR version 1.99.081110? (The version number should be displayed in the Firefox addons manager)

Running Development Version 1.99.* with Firefox 3.0.4

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Kneecaps posted:

OK, threads aren't indicating whether or not I've posted in them (i.e. the replies count being yellow). Is this broken, or is it just me?

If it's just me, what is the proper, complete way to completely reinstall SALR? I thought it was just remove it in the Add-ons menu and delete those two files from the user profile. Is there something I'm missing, because this didn't seem to completely remove it - all my settings were retained and my pinned forums were left in-tact... I'm on Vista 64 and Firefox 3.0.4.

Open up about :config and search for salastread and right click...reset any bolded entries.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Running Development Version 1.99.* with Firefox 3.0.4

Okay, but is your SALR version 1.99.081110? Again, you can check Firefox's addon manager to find out the precise version number.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8
Just chiming in to say the problem with sticky threads in the bookmarked threads list disappeared after the last forum update.

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?
Hmm, finally made it through... Feature Request! Most quote boxes point to a user name. Could this user name link to one/two things?

1) Profile, since you can make that URL with a username-based search
2) Post history in this thread (I think you'd have to farm id/username pairs, I'm not sure if you do that already)

It's a sort of poor man's hyperquoting.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

jegHegy posted:

Just chiming in to say the problem with sticky threads in the bookmarked threads list disappeared after the last forum update.

It was fixed in the last SALR update from almost a month ago.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

astral posted:

Okay, but is your SALR version 1.99.081110? Again, you can check Firefox's addon manager to find out the precise version number.

My fault, I misread your post. Indeed it is version 1.99.081110.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

My fault, I misread your post. Indeed it is version 1.99.081110.

Strange. I'll try to have a look this weekend.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

astral posted:

It was fixed in the last SALR update from almost a month ago.
:doh:

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
For the last few weeks, at least, the "Submit" link in quick reply has been greyed out, but "Preview" seems to act as submit. I just reinstalled the addon and still have this problem. I went through the last few pages and saw a few mentions of it, but no real solution, just a few people coming back and saying it spontaneously fixed; I haven't been so lucky. Any ideas?

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

We are the ones we've been waiting for.
I'm not sure if this is related to the issue that wormil reported on the previous page or not, but it seems like anytime someone quotes an image while I have SALR enabled, I just get a big blank space where the image should be.

Baglady
Dec 28, 2007

℅мє βąςќ
ζơ ζђє ∫iґє

Just wanted to confirm that the Quick Reply feature is not working for me either. I'm using the above mention build of SALR and Firefox 3.0.4

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

What keyboard command converts embedded images to inline? I accidentally hit that somehow and can't find the command to revert them back to embedded.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I changed the default colors for FYAD, but it's still showing up pink.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
... The whole 'grey submit' thing is gone. I noticed it when replying to a post, rather than a thread; maybe that fixed it. Posts seem to take a long time to load into the window but that could just be my internet too. However, I also have to wait for a 'post' to load when replying to a thread; is there any way to trim that out, since there's nothing to load?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Vernii posted:

What keyboard command converts embedded images to inline? I accidentally hit that somehow and can't find the command to revert them back to embedded.

There isn't a keyboard command for that, yet. It's in the options as to if you want images in read posts inline or not.

Golbez posted:

... The whole 'grey submit' thing is gone. I noticed it when replying to a post, rather than a thread; maybe that fixed it. Posts seem to take a long time to load into the window but that could just be my internet too. However, I also have to wait for a 'post' to load when replying to a thread; is there any way to trim that out, since there's nothing to load?

It's actually loading the form keys required to make a post/reply.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
Maybe it could do that in the backgr

duz posted:

There isn't a keyboard command for that, yet. It's in the options as to if you want images in read posts inline or not.

It's actually loading the form keys required to make a post/reply.

ound, and just disable the submit button til it's done?

Also, as you can see in this post, maybe fix the problem of what happens when you start typing a reply before it loads the quote? :) Is it possible to force the quote to the start?

Insidious
Dec 17, 2004

GODDAMNIT APHEX WHY DO YOU SUCK AT EVERYTHING YOU DO
Are we ever fixing that issue with Firefox 3's scrolling being super slow and lovely due to the page navigator? It's driving me absolutely loving bonkers and I have to have the navigator disabled.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

I got a small question. I'd like to transfer over all my SALR settings from one PC to another. I have a lot of custom user colours and all that.
Where are these settings located? Also I'd be transferring from XP to Vista.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Tanag posted:

I got a small question. I'd like to transfer over all my SALR settings from one PC to another. I have a lot of custom user colours and all that.
Where are these settings located? Also I'd be transferring from XP to Vista.

In your profile folder, look for the file salastread.sql, that will have the user coloring stuff.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Would it be possible to make user notes collapsible, and to have the option to be collapsed by default?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Whilst farting I posted:

Would it be possible to make user notes collapsible, and to have the option to be collapsed by default?

That sounds more like the goon stick-its extension.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

The Dark One posted:

That sounds more like the goon stick-its extension.

Can I get a link to that?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
I don't know why (new Firefox? Faster forums? Less torrenting?) but the 'retrieving quote' is suddenly much faster, such that there's no problems with it anymore. And my submit button is no longer gray. Everything's happy!

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
I don't know if this has been covered yet or not, but the ability to mark a thread as unread from within the thread itself would be handy. There's been a couple of times I've been in a thread, and wanted to see the images in the OP, and even hitting the page icon on that post just brings up all the images made after that post.

Right now I have to step back up one to the subforum the thread was posted in, find the thread itself, hit the "X" and go back into the thread. An "x" in the thread (even just for the first page) would be great.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

duz posted:

In your profile folder, look for the file salastread.sql, that will have the user coloring stuff.

Perfect, thanks!

Biaxident
Sep 4, 2003

GLOCK: Explosive Firepower!

Revolvyerom posted:

I don't know if this has been covered yet or not, but the ability to mark a thread as unread from within the thread itself would be handy. There's been a couple of times I've been in a thread, and wanted to see the images in the OP, and even hitting the page icon on that post just brings up all the images made after that post.

Right now I have to step back up one to the subforum the thread was posted in, find the thread itself, hit the "X" and go back into the thread. An "x" in the thread (even just for the first page) would be great.

Not sure if that's possible, but I second that motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamberpothead
Nov 6, 2005

Biaxident posted:

Not sure if that's possible, but I second that motion.
Actually thirding, because I brought that up a month and a half ago

• Locked thread