Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The Taker segment on Smackdown was hilarious and I'm trying to think of other times people have being kidnapped in limos, ambulances and other automobiles. Of the top of my head, I can think of:

Undertaker and Steph
Kane and Shane
Kane and Lita (or was it Matt Hardy?)
Kane and Paul Bearer by DX
Cactus Jack by DX

Can anyone think of any more?

During the Katie Vick feud, Kane kidnapped Triple H and drove off with him in a limo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

The Goog posted:

During the Katie Vick feud, Kane kidnapped Triple H and drove off with him in a limo.

Wasn't this the one where he threw him in the trunk of the car but the trunk wouldn't shut so HHH had to reach up and hold it down in view of the camera?

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
So here is a question, how many times on wrestling have their been actual depictions of attempted murder. Not someone almost killing someone in the ring, but in the storyline someone performing an act backstage that served no purpose other than to legitimately try and kill someone else.

I can think of Stone Cold getting hit by the car, and the Undertaker and Paul Bearer trying to embalm Stone Cold alive.

Katie Cou Baby Boo
Jul 10, 2009

by The Finn

Axissillian posted:

So here is a question, how many times on wrestling have their been actual depictions of attempted murder. Not someone almost killing someone in the ring, but in the storyline someone performing an act backstage that served no purpose other than to legitimately try and kill someone else.

I can think of Stone Cold getting hit by the car, and the Undertaker and Paul Bearer trying to embalm Stone Cold alive.

JBL hit Cena with a car
undertaker hung Big bossman

Katie Cou Baby Boo fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 19, 2009

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Axissillian posted:

Undertaker killed Paul Bearer via concrete.

NWO drove a truck into an ambulence containing the rock.

Edit: Also,

The outsiders ramming the Steiners car off the high way.
Steve Austin using a crane to destroy the car HHH was in at Survior Series.
Someone blowing up Vince's limo.

Skinty McEdger fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 20, 2009

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Shane McMahon pushed Kane into a burning dumpster

A mystery person blew Vince's limo up

and didn't New Jack say he was trying to kill Vic Grimes when he threw him off the scaffold? (more of a real intent to kill instead of a storyline)

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
Matt attacking Jeff in a stairwell, sabotaging his pyro, and trying to run his car off the road probably counts too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Axissillian posted:

I think this counts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNRXkPK7C-Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn-6judfIf4

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well
Droz pushed Hawk off the top of the Titantron.

Kane set a casket containing the Undertaker on fire after pouring gasoline all over it and inside it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Brickhouse Betty posted:

Kane set a casket containing the Undertaker on fire after pouring gasoline all over it and inside it.

Randy Orton topped this by doing the same but then taking an ax to the casket. He also drove a lowrider through the Smackdown set with Taker on it making it blow up.

Nevermind it seems Kane and Randy might have done the same thing.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Sep 20, 2009

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well
Well to be fair, Kane took an axe to the casket before pouring the gas. He had to punch a hole in the top to fill up the inside.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

He also drove a lowrider through the Smackdown set with Taker on it making it blow up.

This was great because he drove the car through the stage, and crashed it.....into boxes and boxes of fireworks that were conveniently stacked directly behind the stage.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Sid and Vader detonated a bomb on stings boat, trying to kill him and Davey Boy Smith.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

SiKboy posted:

Sid and Vader detonated a bomb on stings boat, trying to kill him and Davey Boy Smith.

Oh god... those terrible mini-movies that WCW made to promote their pay-per views. The horror!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ColeM posted:

Oh god... those terrible mini-movies that WCW made to promote their pay-per views. The horror!

White Castle of Fear is not terrible at all :colbert:

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Trips hits people with a sledgehammer every month or so.

A sledgehammer. Not a chair, or a baseball bat, or even a steel pipe. A loving sledgehammer.

Sometimes they win the match afterwards. I mean, not often, but sometimes.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Didn't Hulk Hogan knock the Giant off the roof of an arena?

Handjob Susan
Jun 18, 2001

Now he is your avatar. Shithead.

Does this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uiKQW0ply0

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

weekly font posted:

That was ok though. The giant was alive for the main event an hour later.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Captain Strange posted:

Trips hits people with a sledgehammer every month or so.

A sledgehammer. Not a chair, or a baseball bat, or even a steel pipe. A loving sledgehammer.

Sometimes they win the match afterwards. I mean, not often, but sometimes.

Thats because the way he hits them with it is retarded and he is retarded for hitting them like that.

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well

weekly font posted:

The best thing about that was the announcing afterwards. Bobby Heenan said "Wait! Which side of the arena did he go off? Was it the side on the river, or..." :ohdear:

And someone, I think it was Tony Schiavone, replies "What does it matter!? On one side you've got a parking lot, on the other side is water, what does it matter?"

And Heenan just gives him this glare of death, like he said the stupidest loving thing ever, which of course Tony did.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

The Taker segment on Smackdown was hilarious and I'm trying to think of other times people have being kidnapped in limos, ambulances and other automobiles. Of the top of my head, I can think of:

Undertaker and Steph
Kane and Shane
Kane and Lita (or was it Matt Hardy?)
Kane and Paul Bearer by DX
Cactus Jack by DX

Can anyone think of any more?

Austin kidnapping Bret Hart during their feud. Starts off with a street fight, with Austin putting Bret in the sharpshooter forever. Bret gets stretchered and taken to an ambulance...where Austin is waiting for him.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Does this count?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Does this count?

Lil Naitch is BALLIN

Don't forget about Kane electrocuting Shane and Evolution electrocuting Goldust.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
That question led to some really embarrassing moments being brought back up. Jesus christ this business...

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Judakel posted:

That question led to some really embarrassing moments being brought back up. Jesus christ this business...

Which, since I'm having a crisis of faith elsewhere, leads me to my next question:

Which is more embarrassing: obsessive gamers or obsessive wrestling fans? As a gamer and a wrestling fan, I pretty much hate most of my peers. :smith:

Katie Cou Baby Boo
Jul 10, 2009

by The Finn

Captain Strange posted:

Which, since I'm having a crisis of faith elsewhere, leads me to my next question:

Which is more embarrassing: obsessive gamers or obsessive wrestling fans? As a gamer and a wrestling fan, I pretty much hate most of my peers. :smith:

both are equally embarassing and pretty much anyone who gets mad serious or obsessive about entertainment falls into that category.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Katie Cou Baby Boo posted:

both are equally embarassing and pretty much anyone who gets mad serious or obsessive about entertainment falls into that category.

At least games have the POTENTIAL to be both a thought-provoking medium and a tool for learning.

I mean, I'm not saying wrestling hasn't taught people anything, but yard tards are not a great contribution to the world.

Captain Misc.
Sep 8, 2007

Why don't the kids
want to buy my mask?
:mad:

Captain Strange posted:

At least games have the POTENTIAL to be both a thought-provoking medium and a tool for learning.

I mean, I'm not saying wrestling hasn't taught people anything, but yard tards are not a great contribution to the world.

Yard Tards = Obsessive MMO players... and Dudes who play Halo at 4 AM IN THE DORMS (sorry, old wounds)

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Captain Strange posted:

I mean, I'm not saying wrestling hasn't taught people anything

Well, for a start its taught me never to headbutt a samoan, spill coffee on a burn victim or try to powerbomb kidman. One day that might come in handier than any of your fancy booklearnin', I'm just saying.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

SiKboy posted:

Well, for a start its taught me never to headbutt a samoan, spill coffee on a burn victim or try to powerbomb kidman. One day that might come in handier than any of your fancy booklearnin', I'm just saying.

I learned to never jump at Mark Henry

dumb_jam
May 8, 2007

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Also in case you are not sped up on Hassan, the Undertaker essentially kayfabe killed him at Great American Bash '05 by Last Riding him through the stage. The guy who played him has pretty much dropped off the face of the Earth, not a peep from him that I can find since then--which suggests he either left on bad terms or decided to be a plumber or something.

Hassan was played by a guy called Mark Copani, and given that his starting gimmick was "but I'm American!" it should come as no surprise that he was actually Italian (that's why they had Daivari speak Farsi for him - a kind of reverse Runjin Singh) He moved to LA to become a proper actor I recall, but if you search for him on the internet you get nothing past Muhammed Hassan, so he's probably struggling as an extra.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

dumb_jam posted:

Hassan was played by a guy called Mark Copani, and given that his starting gimmick was "but I'm American!" it should come as no surprise that he was actually Italian (that's why they had Daivari speak Farsi for him - a kind of reverse Runjin Singh) He moved to LA to become a proper actor I recall, but if you search for him on the internet you get nothing past Muhammed Hassan, so he's probably struggling as an extra.

Nah, he moved there to become a Hollywood writer... so that's worse.

Katie Cou Baby Boo
Jul 10, 2009

by The Finn

Captain Strange posted:

You are always going to have obsesives in any field and its always going to make you dislike some of your peers. I like my car and like to make it go faster and stuff like that, but Automotive Insanity is loving embarassing to read to me and I feel really bad for the kid who spends every cent his parents give him because he is trying to build the worlds fastest civic because he doesn't know any bette. I just can't imagine someone obsessing that much or ignoring some much common sense over some things.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Batmanuel posted:

I got the idea that we should compile a list of, say, the 100 top defining moments in wrestling. If this has been done, we could always do an updated version since some recent important poo poo has happened. Would there be any interest in doing this? Has it been done? If so, what thread/s has it spawned? This might make me actually get archives.

Also, what is the irc channel? I swear I read the rules and FAQ 20 times and missed it.

Hogan slamming Andre followed by 99 arguments

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ColeM posted:

I think the line I heard once was,"A writer is just an actor who is too lazy to work as a waiter."

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

ColeM posted:

But once he fails, he can come be a member of the creative team.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Jerusalem posted:

I think the line I heard once was,"A writer is just an actor who is too lazy to work as a waiter."

I prefer, a writer is just a person who is the core of the creative process and gets no respect in television and film

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Axissillian posted:

I prefer, a writer is just a person who is the core of the creative process and gets no respect in television and film

We're not talking about actual writers here, we're talking about the people who spend 20 years unemployed because they classify themselves as "writers" while the only thing they produce is a giant pile of form rejection letters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Jerusalem posted:

We're not talking about actual writers here, we're talking about the people who spend 20 years unemployed because they classify themselves as "writers" while the only thing they produce is a giant pile of form rejection letters.

Oh, yeah, those dudes