Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

ryanbruce posted:

Right-click.

Doesn't work. Opens in the same tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

flatluigi posted:

Any news on getting this fixed?

I'll take a look this weekend if I get the time.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

kri kri posted:

Weird I am running 1.99.090126

I wonder if its abblock

Nope, disabling adblock doesn't work. This is a brand new FF profile also.

Advanced Thread Filtering still not working for me. Tried another brand new profile, no luck.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

kri kri posted:

Advanced Thread Filtering still not working for me. Tried another brand new profile, no luck.

I don't think Advanced Thread Filtering actually does work. It's never worked for me, for example.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Neito posted:

I don't think Advanced Thread Filtering actually does work. It's never worked for me, for example.

It used to work for me, it was a while ago though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Just a minor suggestion, but with the search beta and all that being out, do you think you could incorporate it in the next update until Search itself is released?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Looks like WaffleImages has the code background ( https://wi.somethingawful.com/cf/cf7e382a6b61185da54b24702c16f0a07103be09.png ) broken. Could you upload it somewhere else so that I can grab it and keep it local?

Thanks!

I have a new one here: http://i31.tinypic.com/mk9jqw.png

...but it looks like the old one is back.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Is there currently a way to make unread threads also have a gray gradient? If not it's no big deal, but the ability to have consistency amongst the rows in terms of gradient or non gradient would be spiffy.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.
Not to detract from this thread, but if you haven't seen, Ferg is working on building a SALR extension for Chrome for those who are interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3201973&userid=115838

crm
Oct 24, 2004

What's up with the j/k next page stuff? I really miss this :(

Cortel
Sep 9, 2008

crm posted:

What's up with the j/k next page stuff? I really miss this :(

astral posted:

j/k navigation won't work in 3.5 until the next build is pushed out. :)
You can go back to an older version of FF for now v:shobon:v

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Cortel posted:

You can go back to an older version of FF for now v:shobon:v

I think a better solution would be to snag the (updated) SALR source from the SVN repository and run the build script for yourself.

Fangs404
Dec 20, 2004

I time bomb.
I finally got around to installing SALR, and it's fantastic. You guys have done a great job with this. The quick reply box alone makes this a great extension.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Is there a way to have SALR hide avatars? I'd like to hide them on my work PC but show them at home. I know this one is pretty lame, but v:downs:v

edit: pulling out of SVN and building is pretty painless. Thanks!

crm fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 4, 2009

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
It will only hide individual users' avatars, but there's a forum option in your CP whether to show them or not. Toggle that off when you get into work and back on when you get home.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Swilo posted:

It will only hide individual users' avatars, but there's a forum option in your CP whether to show them or not. Toggle that off when you get into work and back on when you get home.

I know that, I'm just too lazy to do toggle back and forth :)

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"
Use Adblock Plus to block http://fi.somethingawful.com/customtitles/*?

ryanbruce fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 4, 2009

crm
Oct 24, 2004

ryanbruce posted:

Use Adblock Plus to block http://fi.somethingawful.com/customtitles/*?

That's a pretty good idea. Thanks!

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

crm posted:

That's a pretty good idea. Thanks!
Or if you use stylish you could use this:
code:
@namespace url([url]http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml[/url]);

@-moz-document domain("forums.somethingawful.com") {
dd.title {
display: none;
}
}
That'll hide red text too.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Anyone else losing the forums menu when they exit firefox?

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

AlmightyBob posted:

My menu was gone this morning but came back once I went into a forum. It hasn't disappeared again since then, and I've closed Firefox.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

brc64 posted:

My menu was gone this morning but came back once I went into a forum. It hasn't disappeared again since then, and I've closed Firefox.

Its instantly gone if I close and then immediately reopen firefox

cudwortho
Aug 1, 2003

AlmightyBob posted:

I'm only getting about a quarter of the menu. Main, Discussion, Finer Arts and most everything below those are gone.

mithrin
Aug 13, 2007

brc64 posted:

My menu was also gone this morning when I opened up firefox. I reinstalled lastread and it worked (temporarily). But, it later disappeared after I restarted my computer this afternoon. I'll try reinstalling lastread again to see if I can get my forum menu back.

edit: Weird. After I made this post, the menu suddenly appeared. It's really been rather flaky today, heh.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Probably the 5th or 6th time its happened and yes, happens every time I close Firefox. Comes back within a few page visits to the forums but its rather annoying.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

My menu's sitting pretty with all the required items.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I haven't had any forums in my list for the last two days. I even tried reinstalling just now. Woe is me.

EDIT: OK, it's doing the "douche every time you leave Firefox thing" now, so I'm getting them at least some times!

Gallow fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 9, 2009

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Remember that you can add the forums back by visiting the posting gloryhole and clicking around the forum-specific statistics.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

fishmech posted:

Remember that you can add the forums back by visiting the posting gloryhole and clicking around the forum-specific statistics.

There needs to be a menu option to go there, because I can never remember how to. :(

edit: Also, my forums menu is disappearing every time I close FF too.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 9, 2009

Carnivean
Feb 14, 2004

by Peatpot
Just bookmark it. That way it's independent of the SA menu.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Kazy posted:

There needs to be a menu option to go there, because I can never remember how to. :(

edit: Also, my forums menu is disappearing every time I close FF too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

fishmech posted:

You shouldn't even have to do that. Visiting a thread should fix it. When it's been happening to me and I open up a thread my menu comes back.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Neito posted:

You know there are 20 other links there and it's easy to overlook, right? :v: (I'm dumb)

Yeah, going to a thread usually fixes it until I close FF again.

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Yeah, same problem here. As soon as I open a forum, the list is fixed. When I close and reopen the browser, the list is gone again. I've tried both the Posting Gloryhole and any random thread and haven't noticed a difference.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I can't get salr to see my new name, but will highlight my old one. How do I force it to change?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
I believe it grabs your name from your control panel page, but if it's not updating, you can change it manually by opening about:config and changing the value of extensions.salastread.username to your new name.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

There's gotta be something to make it stop losing the forums, I'm getting pissed now. It's not like we get new forums every day, there should be a button to update it and it should be mostly static. I just want my favorites to stay the same really.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Hung Yuri posted:

I can't get salr to see my new name, but will highlight my old one. How do I force it to change?

Log out and log back in.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Still losing bookmarks on editing a thread :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Octal posted:

There's gotta be something to make it stop losing the forums, I'm getting pissed now. It's not like we get new forums every day, there should be a button to update it and it should be mostly static. I just want my favorites to stay the same really.

It's been doing this intermittently for years and no one can figure out why. It'll be fine for months, completely inexplicably start doing this to a few or most users for a day or a week, and then equally inexplicably clear up and be fine again for an indefinite period.

• Locked thread