Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

PRL412 posted:

Just picked up Way of the Samurai 2 and safely returned a pocket sized baby. Anything that might help me get to the final day in one piece? I've heard you can only save one sword per play, so you collect through New Game+.

Way of the Samurai 2
-Start on easy
-You keep all the swords in your possession when you get an ending, even if it is just you leaving town
-You can use the abandoned house whether you get the cutscene saying you can or not
-dont use sword oil or charms, its much more effective to just risk having the blacksmith tamper it
-Keep healing items on you at all times, some boss's can kill you in seconds
-If you get to the festival, and are stuck in the middle on no-ones side then you hosed up and can only get one ending at that point
-SAVE ALOT, random chance can dick you over ALOT in this game

also:
Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines
-Use the unofficial patch
-Ammo is expensive, if you want to play a gunner you NEED to do sidequests
-Put a couple points into stealth early on, or don't even bother and just rambo it
-If you can buy a new gun, you can also pick it up in five minutes anyway (exceptions are late game guns)
-there is ALWAYS another way in
-abuse skill books
-If they offer to train a skill, take it
-quicksave, some of the autosaves are sparse
-DON'T OPEN IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coulis
Feb 22, 2009

<:haw:>
I just found a used copy of Parasite Eve 2. I never played the game, or its prequel. What should I know before I start the game ?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Coulis posted:

I just found a used copy of Parasite Eve 2. I never played the game, or its prequel. What should I know before I start the game ?

The biggest thing I can think of is whenever you search something, keep searching it until the message repeats. There are lots of small items that don't show up until you search something a second time to find it (usually hp, mp, status restores).

There is one pretty big item you can miss due to this. In the starting area, there is a point where you go into a chapel. You will see a cutscene of a soldier just outside the chapel in the garden. Go to the garden, and search where the soldier was a couple of times to get a black card. The card isn't used until much later in the game, but it unlocks a nice cache of unlimited shot gun and pistol ammo.

Also, there is a point midway through the game, where you are fighting a really big boss outside. If you take too long to kill him, something happens, and you will miss out on a vendor with a nice gun or two (semi-auto grenade launcher) at the very end of the game. You have like 3 minutes or so to kill him, so it isn't too hard to do.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Coulis posted:

Summing up stuff that was mentioned before:

--There's a keycard at the back of the church in your first mission. (Check the emergency exit behind the podium). It unlocks a good ammo cache near the end of the game. (Free gun as well)

--When you spend the night at the hotel, kill the boss quickly. This will save the dog.

--Later, you'll find a Teddy Bear and a blinded soldier. If you saved the dog, you'll save the soldier and unlock the last vendor (sells M249, attachments, and other end game gear)

--Attach the Medicine Wheel, Holy Water, Ofuda, and Red Skull to your belt slots. Never use/consume them.

--If you want some free armor, you'll also have to save Pierce. He's at the top of the water tower after you unlock the sewer gate between the bunker and that desert town.

edit, for more content: You'll unlock new modes after you beat the game. If you saved BP and EXP, you can use it in Game+

Guh, I did it again! You'd think I'd get it right this time.
\/\/\/\/\/

Blight Runner fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 21, 2009

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Blight Runner posted:

--Attach the Medicine Wheel, Holy Water, Ofuda, and Red Skull to your belt slots. Never use/consume them.

Its the Crystal Skull, not red skull.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blight Runner posted:

Summing up stuff that was mentioned before:
edit, for more content: You'll unlock new modes after you beat the game. If you saved BP and EXP, you can use it in Game+

It's been a while since I've played PE2, but I'm pretty sure the points you get in New Game+ are based on your highest/total score(I don't remember which), not how much you have at the end, so don't worry about spending everything at the end of the game.

Scabscar
Sep 30, 2008

Clever Spambot posted:

Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines
-DON'T OPEN IT

Oh yeah. Also:

-Unarmed is surprisingly strong if you build your character around it.

-Only bother putting points into Seduction if you play as a female, otherwise, Persuasion is better.

-You will need at least some combat skills for the endgame.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!

Twitch posted:

It's been a while since I've played PE2, but I'm pretty sure the points you get in New Game+ are based on your highest/total score(I don't remember which), not how much you have at the end, so don't worry about spending everything at the end of the game.

No it is how much you have at the end, multiplied by a number according to which difficulty you played through. You don't have to save BP though since all unconsumed items will get you BP back, as well as various key items you may or may not have found.

If you assume you get every possible BP item though your BP score will eventually creep up over playthroughs due to having more to spend each time through in the start and thus more surplus at the end.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Coulis posted:

If you want the best ending then you'll need a guide. The path can be closed off permanently mid game where you have to defeat a boss under a certain time. From there there's like 6 points in the game where you have to do specific things at specific points all within a small time frame. Fail to do any one of those and you instantly close off the best ending.

The best ending compounds on the other endings so there's really no point shooting for one over the other.

Coulis
Feb 22, 2009

<:haw:>
Thanks for the advices ! It seems like the kind of game to do with a FAQ though...
Is it a difficult game or rather an easy one?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
One game I never finished was Final Fantasy 8 even though I made it to the last area when I was like 12 years old. I was thinking about going back and trying it over again for the hell of it. I remember always using GFs and it sucked, but have since heard you can junction and never have to use GFs, which is something my young mind couldn't comprehend at the time.

Anyways there's nothing in the wiki about this game. I found a few graphic and sound mods for the PC version, which is the one I own, and will be using that.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Somehow I doubt my chances, but Warlords Battlecry 3. What things do you feel I really need to knows?

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

Nocturne Sabre posted:

Anyways there's nothing in the wiki about this game.

http://drumandface.info/wsik/index.php/Final_Fantasy_8

Wait, what?

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Nocturne Sabre posted:

but have since heard you can junction and never have to use GFs, which is something my young mind couldn't comprehend at the time

Basically you can spend an obscene amount of time drawing spells from enemies to junction to your stats, which will make you pretty much unstoppable.

Or, you can have Quistis learn the Degenerator limit break, mess around with junctioning her HP stat so that she's always in the yellow, and just one-shot every non-boss enemy in the game.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Or you can spend a minimal amount of time drawing spells when you see them on the field map and, once in a while, in battle from an enemy, junction them to your stats wisely, and generally be fine throughout the game.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Or you can spend a minimal amount of time drawing spells when you see them on the field map and, once in a while, in battle from an enemy, junction them to your stats wisely, and generally be fine throughout the game.

Yeah I guess that works, too. I just posted the cheese strategies because, when I played it, I got pretty tired of everything about halfway through and just looked for the easiest way to finish the game :).

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Welp I am retarded

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Nocturne Sabre posted:

Welp I am retarded

There are a few things it doesn't mention that will help.
-When you start, go to the training area and draw 100 sleeps from the plant monsters. It is the best thing you will have to junction to magic for a while (and magic determines how many spells you draw)
-When you get diablos learn no encounter as fast as possible and never look back
-abuse the hell out of limit breaks. if your health is yellow (or almost yellow) hit square until it says you can use it
-Turn items/cards into magic, seriously if you play your cards (heh, pun) right sleep is one of the only spells you will have to draw from a monster in the whole game

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Clever Spambot posted:

There are a few things it doesn't mention that will help.
-When you start, go to the training area and draw 100 sleeps from the plant monsters. It is the best thing you will have to junction to magic for a while (and magic determines how many spells you draw)
-When you get diablos learn no encounter as fast as possible and never look back
-abuse the hell out of limit breaks. if your health is yellow (or almost yellow) hit square until it says you can use it
-Turn items/cards into magic, seriously if you play your cards (heh, pun) right sleep is one of the only spells you will have to draw from a monster in the whole game

Pretty sure the skip button is Triangle in FF8.

EDIT for content:

Final Fantasy VIII
- Choose 10 minutes for the Fire Cavern test, and then wait to beat the boss until you have about 30secs on the clock for a high score on one of the aspects of the SeeD exam (I forget which.)

Parasite Eve II
- You can get some pretty decent items for acing the 5 levels of training at the start of the game. If you find yourself doing well with the combat system, try to go for these prizes as much as possible.
- Storage boxes are NOT interconnected. Be careful not to leave ammo or something you may need behind.

Grinnblade fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 22, 2009

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Coulis posted:

Thanks for the advices ! It seems like the kind of game to do with a FAQ though...
Is it a difficult game or rather an easy one?

Everyone's probably going to disagree with me, but you should play through without an FAQ first, accept that you will most likely get a bad ending, then play it again after reading up on it.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Twitch posted:

Everyone's probably going to disagree with me, but you should play through without an FAQ first, accept that you will most likely get a bad ending, then play it again after reading up on it.

I agree, the endings aren't as worth it as the rewards. The ending to the first Parasite Eve was 'meh' as well as the true ending. Anyway, each ending in PE2 unlocks a new weapon (it'll be for sale in the store, I think) to use on subsequent playthroughs. Even the bad ending gives you an awesome magnum. :hellyeah:

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Blight Runner posted:

I agree, the endings aren't as worth it as the rewards. The ending to the first Parasite Eve was 'meh' as well as the true ending. Anyway, each ending in PE2 unlocks a new weapon (it'll be for sale in the store, I think) to use on subsequent playthroughs. Even the bad ending gives you an awesome magnum. :hellyeah:

I don't think its the endings that unlock new weapons for subsequent playthroughs. It depends on your rank at the end of the game, which is based on XP or BP (maybe both, I can't remember). Depending on the difficulty mode you select on the next playthrough, this will add 3 things that can be purchased from the store at the start of the game.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I've been playing The Ur-Quan Masters based on recommendations from the Freeware game thread, and after a spectacular failure in just about every way, I'm looking for some tips. Here's what I've got so far:

• The first thing you should do is upgrade your flagship with speed and turning improvements. It'll take out a lot of aggravation when trying to do... anything pretty much.

• Take notes. Lots of notes. Like, planets with good resources that you couldn't take (due to full cargo, not enough fuel, or the planet is just too drat dangerous), or locations of alien homeworlds. The game gives you spheres of influence but actually knowing where to find other species is very helpful.

• Dispatching landing vessels costs fuel. You can see the fuel cost when you are choosing where to dispatch the lander where the date normally is. Don't land on planets filled with lovely resources if the fuel cost is high because you'll hurt your own profit margins (even worse if it is a dangerous planet that'll kill crew).

• Temperature, weather, and teutonics class indicate how dangerous a planet is; Temperature generates fire that appear and move in a random path before disappearing, weather (nigh impossible to dodge) lightning bolts, and teutonics are earthquakes which are damage-circles that you can see a half second before they start doing damage. The higher the temperature/class, the more of the appropriate damage type there are.

• Ships have two ways of attacking. For example, the Spathi ship can shoot bullets or drop vaguely-homing bombs. Try out your ships in Super Melee, you can get a feel for what they can do without having to hunt down hostiles (like all those god drat probes), risk losing a ship/crew, and you can try fighting whoever you want in super melee.

• In fact, practicing fighting in Super Melee will help a lot. The AI can be vicious (at least to new players like me :v: ) and knowing how to fight is very helpful. Alternatively, you can let the AI fight your space battles. I think it's under the game options to give cyborg control (with different levels of ability) to your fleet.

• You can shoot life forms with the lander to convert them into little capsules that you can sell to that credits merchant in Alpha Centuri the Melnorme. It takes a few shots to kill them and those hopping green sea monkeys are dangerous because they hunt you down and take a few shots to kill.

• If you lose your starting flunky ship in the first fight of the game, just reload. Seriously.

• Save. A lot. Abuse multiple slots too. I always had a save at Earth in case I seriously screwed up.

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 22, 2009

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Is there a patch or something that removes the time limit in Star Control 2? Because I had a lot of fun going around and exploring and poo poo, but having the threat of the Kohr-Ah invasion hanging over my head made for a not fun time. I know you can delay them, but I want to get rid of it entirely.

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!
I bought the Virtual Console version of Secret of Mana on a whim. I don't care about finding every last secret, but is there any way I can screw myself in this game?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

BeanBandit posted:

I bought the Virtual Console version of Secret of Mana on a whim. I don't care about finding every last secret, but is there any way I can screw myself in this game?

I'm fairly certain that there are no permanent missables.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
Yeah, I don't think you can mess yourself up forever in Secret of Mana. The worst that will happen to you is that your weapon/magic levels are too low. (This is actually likely to happen for some of the later weapons and magics, which you get in rapid succession.) Just grind a bit if your weapons or spells are too weak.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I just bought Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and I'm hilariously bad at it. I've made it to the fight with Alexei but he kills me in the blink of an eye every time.

Any tips for that fight (and just this game in general? I'm so goddamn bad at avoiding damage...)

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
I haven't beat it, but this is the kind of game where you know exactly what's going to go down if you keep going.

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
· Rupees are everything in this game. Life, currency, unlockers of information and even getting the time of day from NPCs.
· Almost everything in this game is sold at an unspecified price. This means you have two options. Either write down a working price or the best price you've found, or play one guessing game after another spanning the whole entire game.
· Unless stated otherwise, if you make a bad offer, the NPC keeps your money and it doesn't count towards buying the item, meaning that that bad guess means you flushed that many rupees down the toilet. The exceptions to this are the entry fees for dungeons and when an NPC tells you otherwise.
· As soon as possible, you should always have a bodyguard.
· Seriously, do not buy or play this game if you don't like guessing games.

I've been considering writing an FAQ for this game detailing exactly what costs what, although I'm not sure I feel like spending x months out of my life on such a project. Ah well.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

CloseFriend posted:

I've been considering writing an FAQ for this game detailing exactly what costs what, although I'm not sure I feel like spending x months out of my life on such a project. Ah well.

I can't find it at the moment, but I swear I've seen a chart of the exact minimum best price for everything in this game. (e: Because you have to specify some rewards as well.)

Edit: Here's one.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 27, 2009

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

m2pt5 posted:

I can't find it at the moment, but I swear I've seen a chart of the exact minimum best price for everything in this game. (e: Because you have to specify some rewards as well.)

Edit: Here's one.
Found it. gently caress it, my rear end is cheating.

EDIT: I like yours better; thanks.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

BeanBandit posted:

Capsaicin posted:

I'm fairly certain that there are no permanent missables.

I think there is. I think if you miss chests at the emperor's castle you can't go back and get them. I don't know if you miss them if they can be obtained elsewhere or not. There's a couple weapon orbs there which you probably don't want to miss.
Secret of Mana is my favorite game.

Edit:Now that I think about it, you might be able to miss stuff on one of the ships too. I guess the thing with this game is to make sure you search everywhere. Nothing is insanely hidden, but make sure you check every door.

Alterian fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 27, 2009

THESE SOCKS?
Sep 27, 2004

Alterian posted:

I think there is. I think if you miss chests at the emperor's castle you can't go back and get them. I don't know if you miss them if they can be obtained elsewhere or not. There's a couple weapon orbs there which you probably don't want to miss.
Secret of Mana is my favorite game.

Edit:Now that I think about it, you might be able to miss stuff on one of the ships too. I guess the thing with this game is to make sure you search everywhere. Nothing is insanely hidden, but make sure you check every door.

I thought that any weapon orbs you missed would then show up as item drops at the Fortress, but it's been a while.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

THESE SOCKS? posted:

I thought that any weapon orbs you missed would then show up as item drops at the Fortress, but it's been a while.

The fortress does drop weapon orbs anyway. I don't know if they drop missed ones.

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

Alterian posted:

The fortress does drop weapon orbs anyway. I don't know if they drop missed ones.

I'm almost positive you can always level up the rest of the way from orb drops at the Fortess. There are some weapons I remember were a couple of levels behind and couldn't even be completed without picking up spares from there.

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.
Final Fantasy VIII
I didn't write up this draw guide. Didn't want to take any credit for it. This is basically the best stuff for each stat and the earliest possible places you can get it. Draw 99 and junction it and forget about junctioning that stat until a better magic combination comes up.

You don't have to worry about this because if you are patient enough to draw 99 of any strong magic, you'll be able to beat the game easily. If you want to really destroy the game, then do this.

Also this guide has mild SPOILERS. Nothing huge.

FFVIII optimal
HP:
--> First Time (beginning of the game) - Curaga (You can get it by Refining
tents (1 tent = 10 Curagas!) using Siren's Life Magic refinement.
--> Second Time (desert Prison) - Regen (Get it by drawing from Biggs the
second time you fight them).
--> Third time (Middle/End of Disc 3 - best junction) - Full Life (You can
draw it from Bahamut).

STRENGTH:
--> First Time (very beginning) - Water (you can get it by refining water
crystals (won from Fastilification - Fs) into Waters using Shiva's
Ice/water magic Refinement ability).
--> Second Time (Before Timber Mission) - Quake (By refining either
T-Rex (2 for 1) or Armadodo (1 for 1) cards using Card Mod you can get
Dino Bones. Using Time Magic refinement you can refine 1 Dino Bone into
20 Quakes.
--> Third Time (Middle of Disc 2) - Triple (draw it from ODIN)
--> Fourth Time (best Spell, Disc 3) - Ultima (draw it from the Shumi
village/Ultima Weapon. Can also be drawn from the Omega Weapon, but you
wouldn't want to...)

VITALITY:
--> First and only time before the SeeD mission to Timber - Meltdown -
Refine Gayla Cards into Mystery Fluids and then use Diablo's Status Magic
refinement to Refine them into Meltdowns.

MAGIC:
OK, so I really don't care about using magic, BUT, this stat is essential
for painless drawing from your enemies.
--> First Time - errr, anything really... For most of the Disc 1 & 2 I
used Death. You can get it by refining Tonberry Cards into Chef's Knives
and then refine that into Deaths (1 Chef's Knife = 30 Deaths).
--> Second Time - Curse is the preferred spell. However, honestly saying,
I never even got enough Curses. I just plain simply don't pay attention to
the Magic stat. If you want, you can get Curses, but if your winning Combo
is high strength and no enemy vitality, why bother?

SPIRIT:
Unlike Magic, this actually matters, as it is your magic defence.
--> First Time (beginning of game) - Dispel (errr... where the heck did I
get this?? It doesn't really matter, as in Disc 1, your enemies will use
only weak magic, so you shouldn't really care about Spirit until Disc two,
which takes us to:
--> Second Time - Reflect (draw it from Biggs (the most convenient place)
the second time you fight him in the Desert Prison).
Reflect will be your best Spirit Stat riser. However, I usually have
Spirit+60% equipped to really counter those enemy magic attacks, but Spr+40%
is enough if you don't want to bother too much with it.

SPEED:
Don't worry too much about this stat until very late in the game (end of
disc 3). I usually start bothering with Spd-J when I have enough Ultimas
to junction them to Strength, which leaves me with 100 Triples (drawn from
Odin) per character. Triple just happens to be the BEST magic to junction
with Spd (better than Ultima). If you are going to bother with Spd-J, make
sure you do it with Triples and Spd+??% skills (learnt from Pandemonia and
Cerberus GFs). This way you could get the speed over 100. At this quickness,
you will be twice as fast as the Omega Weapon...

EVADE:
This is a very good stat, but the even the strongest possible magic you
junction to it will only rise Evade by 16. And the only 'free' magic after
the important skills have been junctioned will be Tornado (can be gotten by
refining Windmills using Quezacotl's Thunder/Wind magic refinement, which
can be gotten from the Abyss Worm and Pandemonia cards). It will rise the
stat by 13 points, which means that it will still be very low. Getting
Tornados is easy, as the Pandemonia cards gets you 100 Windmills, enough to
get 100 Tornados for everybody, so it is not too much of a bother.

HIT%:
For God's sake, don't use this on Squall! He already has that stat at 255%,
it can't go higher. Use it one someone who needs it, like Zell. However, I
still think it is the most worthless stat of them all. If you just happen
to have Hit-J or a Hit-J scroll, learn it, but otherwise, don't bother too
much with it. I usually just get this stat, as it is a way of making sure
that I'm not going to get any misses in physical attacks). The best spell
for this would be Triple, but that is already used on Speed (and trust me,
speed is waaaaay more important). So the second best spell would be double.
Doubles are easy to get (Elvoret fight at the very beginning of the game), so
it really shouldn't be too much of a bother to equip this stat.

So, in general, by the end of the game, your three characters should have 100
of each of these magics - Full Life, Ultima, Meltdown, Reflect and Triple.
The optional Magics are Curse, Tornado, Aura and Double.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I plan on getting Borderlands this weekend, and want to know if anyone has some general tips. How are the classes, and is it a long grind before you get any decent, random drops like in Diablo 2?

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

Waffle! posted:

I plan on getting Borderlands this weekend, and want to know if anyone has some general tips. How are the classes, and is it a long grind before you get any decent, random drops like in Diablo 2?

Um. You looked in the megathread already, ya?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3218517

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

PitifulLoser posted:

Final Fantasy VIII

Gamepro did 2 issues with a walkthrough of FF8 split in two way back in the day, and the absolute BEST thing about it, which all walkthroughs ever should have, was a list of missables, aka you can only get this summon stealing it here, you can get this item here, but then it's gone, you can only steal this awesome item from this boss, which was written in order, and by disc. If someone still has those issues, or knows where a similar thing could be found, I'll thank you by playing through the entirety of FF8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Waffle! posted:

Good drops are pretty easy to come by. Your best bet for finding cool stuff, however, is to keep an eye on the stores. every 20 minutes they pick an item that goes on sale, and it's usually interesting in some way, so it's worth checking out.

I've heard good things about all the classes, and I"m playing through as Brick (berserker) and it's hella fun.

But for gameplay tips:
  • If you see a warning symbol/skull next to the name of an enemy, RUN. you WILL die.
  • The game is probably best in co-op (I only say probably because I can't get it to work :argh:) so do that if you can.
  • Scrags take more damage to thier fleshy bits than the armoured parts. This will make Alpha Scrag fights easier.
  • Critical hits are location based, not random. The locations are usually pretty obvious.
  • There are health regenerating grenades. When you find them, use them. They will go out of their way to hit enemies.
  • Don't be afraid of levelling the wrong skills. It's easy as hell to respec, and it's pretty cheap, too.
  • Read weapon desciptions, not just raw stats. If you look at stats you will miss quirks like infinite ammo, shotguns shooting rockets, etc.
  • Have fun, explore. There's no time penalty, and sometimes you'll even get bonus exp for doing things.
  • If you die, you get a chance to kill an enemy and get a "Second Wind" aka you start with full shields and a bit of health. If you don't kill an enemy, you lose a percentage of your cash and get sent back to a checkpoint.

Oh, and don't go right when you leave the first town, there's nasty poo poo there and it likes to follow you right to the gates.