Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

covener posted:

edit ~/.vnc/xstartup or wherever in /etc/ the service-based one cares about and kick off an xterm/gnome-session/icewm.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but

You are basically telling me to look for a string in a configuration file that specifies what kind of graphical environment I want to use upon connection, right?

I don't know what xterm or icewm are, but I do use gnome.

edit - when I use tightvnserver, it starts a session. :1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

I love Ubuntu Netbook Remix Karmic's simplistic taskbar icons, anybody know how to get them in xfce? I had heard they were humanity or dust but I set those and it didnt seem to change any taskbar icons

DICTATOR OF FUNK
Nov 6, 2007

aaaaaw yeeeeeah
For all of you who adore uTorrent so much that you're running outdated versions in WINE, I'd strongly suggest giving Deluge a try.

It has a virtually identical UI and just about the same performance, in my experience.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I'm finding my way around Xubuntu and I'm loving it. If my games ran I'd switch my main desktop in a heartbeat.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Xinlum posted:

I'm finding my way around Xubuntu and I'm loving it. If my games ran I'd switch my main desktop in a heartbeat.

You know of WINE correct?

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

The Merkinman posted:

You know of WINE correct?

I thought it only worked with less demanding games?

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns
Anyone here know how to configure postfix? I just need it working so it can send emails with attachments. I don't even give a drat if it can reveive emails or now. When I do this:

code:
echo "hello" | mail -s test nbvfour@gmail.com
No mails get sent to my gmail mailbox, and this is what gets added to /var/log/mail.log:

quote:

Nov 9 00:28:07 localhost postfix/pickup[1475]: 3177022120: uid=1000 from=<chris>
Nov 9 00:28:07 localhost postfix/cleanup[1568]: 3177022120: message-id=<20091109002807.3177022120@localhost>
Nov 9 00:28:07 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: 3177022120: from=<chris@mail.flightlogg.in>, size=290, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 9 00:28:07 localhost postfix/pickup[1475]: EA5D722157: uid=1000 from=<chris>
Nov 9 00:28:07 localhost postfix/cleanup[1568]: EA5D722157: message-id=<20091109002807.EA5D722157@localhost>
Nov 9 00:28:07 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: EA5D722157: from=<chris@mail.flightlogg.in>, size=290, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 9 00:28:08 localhost postfix/smtp[1571]: 3177022120: to=<nbvfour@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.212.69]:25, delay=0.84, delays=0.02/0.01/0.31/0.51, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1257726488 1si3773781vws.91)
Nov 9 00:28:08 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: 3177022120: removed
Nov 9 00:28:08 localhost postfix/smtp[1576]: EA5D722157: to=<nbvfour@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.212.69]:25, delay=0.72, delays=0.06/0.01/0.11/0.54, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1257726488 1si3784580vws.23)
Nov 9 00:28:08 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: EA5D722157: removed
Nov 9 00:28:08 localhost postfix/pickup[1475]: A057122120: uid=1000 from=<chris>
Nov 9 00:28:08 localhost postfix/cleanup[1568]: A057122120: message-id=<20091109002808.A057122120@localhost>
Nov 9 00:28:08 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: A057122120: from=<chris@mail.flightlogg.in>, size=290, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 9 00:28:09 localhost postfix/smtp[1571]: A057122120: to=<nbvfour@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.212.69]:25, delay=0.61, delays=0/0/0.11/0.5, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1257726489 1si3784588vws.23)
Nov 9 00:28:09 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: A057122120: removed
Nov 9 00:28:09 localhost postfix/pickup[1475]: 5D99522120: uid=1000 from=<chris>
Nov 9 00:28:09 localhost postfix/cleanup[1568]: 5D99522120: message-id=<20091109002809.5D99522120@localhost>
Nov 9 00:28:09 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: 5D99522120: from=<chris@mail.flightlogg.in>, size=290, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 9 00:28:09 localhost postfix/smtp[1576]: 5D99522120: to=<nbvfour@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.212.69]:25, delay=0.57, delays=0/0/0.11/0.45, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1257726489 1si3780328vws.57)
Nov 9 00:28:09 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: 5D99522120: removed
Nov 9 00:28:10 localhost postfix/pickup[1475]: 06D0822120: uid=1000 from=<chris>
Nov 9 00:28:10 localhost postfix/cleanup[1568]: 06D0822120: message-id=<20091109002810.06D0822120@localhost>
Nov 9 00:28:10 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: 06D0822120: from=<chris@mail.flightlogg.in>, size=290, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Nov 9 00:28:10 localhost postfix/smtp[1571]: 06D0822120: to=<nbvfour@gmail.com>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.212.69]:25, delay=0.62, delays=0/0/0.11/0.5, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1257726490 1si3780338vws.57)
Nov 9 00:28:10 localhost postfix/qmgr[1476]: 06D0822120: removed

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Xinlum posted:

I thought it only worked with less demanding games?

How demanding or complex the game is doesn't really have much to do with it. Some simple games won't work at all while some complex new ones do, sometimes faster than in windows. Check out wine appdb to get an idea of what games will and won't work under it.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

nbv4 posted:

Anyone here know how to configure postfix? I just need it working so it can send emails with attachments. I don't even give a drat if it can reveive emails or now. When I do this:

code:
echo "hello" | mail -s test [email]nbvfour@gmail.com[/email]
No mails get sent to my gmail mailbox, and this is what gets added to /var/log/mail.log:

Did you check your spam box? If your hostname doesn't resolve back to the address you sent from it might have just been flagged it as spam.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

root beer posted:

For all of you who adore uTorrent so much that you're running outdated versions in WINE, I'd strongly suggest giving Deluge a try.

It has a virtually identical UI and just about the same performance, in my experience.

I like Transmission, latest version does scheduling so it now does everything I need.

huge sesh
Jun 9, 2008

Anyone know how to reliably keep a pipe open? What I'm trying to do is set up mplayer so that it reads raw audio and video from pipes, which are written into by mencoder processes. The mencoders stop and start on their own, so I need a way to keep the pipes they target open (so that mplayer doesn't think it's done with the pipe and close its end) and writeable (so that mencoder can reliably push data into it). My original solution was to run cat > pipe, which would just hang waiting for data from stdin. unfortunately on OS X this seems to get killed sometimes (with "Interrupted system call") or block writes from other processes.

I'll test some more in the morning, but I didn't have any problems with a simpler version of my script in Linux--it might be some mysterious difference between the BSD and Linux implementation, if that's possible.

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

bloodynose posted:

I love Ubuntu Netbook Remix Karmic's simplistic taskbar icons, anybody know how to get them in xfce? I had heard they were humanity or dust but I set those and it didnt seem to change any taskbar icons
Haven't seen NBR but I'm guessing it uses the same iconset by default as the Desktop release, which is called Humanity and should be in the repos as humanity-icon-theme.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

nbv4 posted:

Anyone here know how to configure postfix? I just need it working so it can send emails with attachments. I don't even give a drat if it can reveive emails or now.

As JHVH-1 said, you probably are having a spam filter issue. Your mails did go out OK -- note the "250 OK" in the logs. If your config had been incorrect, you would have seen 5xx error messages or similar.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

I have some basic questions on wifi with Linux. I can connect to my house's wireless no problem (no password). When I took the laptop to school, It would try to connect, and after a few minutes say that it failed. My college as a system where you connect to one of their access points. After connecting, you open a browser and you are stuck at a specific page until you enter your email address. I'm assuming that that is the problem, is there a way for my laptop to connect at all so I can enter my email and browse the web? Using Xubuntu with a USB Netgear WG111v2 if that helps.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I'm having trouble getting Transmission to work. It just stays at idle; it never creates the file to download. And it won't connect to any peers. I have the port forwarded properly.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Is this some sort of cruel joke? I downloaded a Debian 5.03 ISO from UIUC and it was an XP SP3 .ISO file

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Bob Morales posted:

Is this some sort of cruel joke? I downloaded a Debian 5.03 ISO from UIUC and it was an XP SP3 .ISO file

Hahahaha.

Question: With Windows, I can open a big download and browse the web (wow! broadband!). With Linux, if I start a big download, web browsing grinds to a halt, like it's not "freeing up" any bandwidth for anything else. I know jack and poo poo about Linux networking and I don't really want to get into crazy ipfilters and all that jazz. I've just been using wget --limit-rate but that obviously doesn't help for things like streaming.

I found a program called trickle, but I can't get it to build, and it hasn't been updated in 6 years.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

nmg posted:

Question: With Windows, I can open a big download and browse the web (wow! broadband!). With Linux, if I start a big download, web browsing grinds to a halt, like it's not "freeing up" any bandwidth for anything else. I know jack and poo poo about Linux networking and I don't really want to get into crazy ipfilters and all that jazz. I've just been using wget --limit-rate but that obviously doesn't help for things like streaming.

You shouldn't have any problem. What browser are you using?

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Bob Morales posted:

You shouldn't have any problem. What browser are you using?

Firefox 3.5.5. It doesn't seem to be browser related though, it happens even with lynx.

Peanutmonger
Dec 6, 2002

huge sesh posted:

I'll test some more in the morning, but I didn't have any problems with a simpler version of my script in Linux--it might be some mysterious difference between the BSD and Linux implementation, if that's possible.

I don't have a BSD box handy, but I do know that pipes are supposed to send an EOF to the reader if the writer closes the pipe. Since mplayer is used to fixed length files, I would expect it to assume that EOF is the last of what's coming. That and pipes tend to be readers matched to writers, so if you have multiple readers you might get unexpected results (so I wouldn't rely on "keeping it open" with cat). You might have better luck with `mplayer <pipe` instead of reading the pipe directly with mplayer.

On the other hand, do you need to use pipes? It would be a lot easier to do something like:
code:
(command file; command file; command file) | mplayer -
bash is better at aggregating output from multiple commands than pipes. If you're also saving the output, you could do:
code:
(command file; command file; command file) | tee savefile | mplayer -

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I've decided that I want to setup a dedicated Quake server on my Linux box.

I've got my pak*.pak files setup in /home/quake/id1, all I need is a good recommendation for a stable source port that I can rely on to run 24/7 without hiccups. I really have no clue which one would work best -- I have no intention on actually playing Quake on this box.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

What are some ways I can watch what another user is doing in a console session (local or remote)? Is there a simple way to see everything they are typing, as they are doing it? Bonus points if I can jump in and type in a few commands for assistance.

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Bob Morales posted:

What are some ways I can watch what another user is doing in a console session (local or remote)? Is there a simple way to see everything they are typing, as they are doing it? Bonus points if I can jump in and type in a few commands for assistance.

ttysnoop is packaged in most major distros and does exactly this.

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

Getting started with Linux after being burned by ZFS (Under FreeBSD 8.0RC1) and its initially alluring simplicity.

Anyway I created a new mdadm device and despite being huge and empty, its resyncing the entire thing. And its estimated to take nearly 24 hours. I had a console drop for some reason while I thought it was creating the ext3 file-system while following

http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/raid-lvm.php

this guide - so I started over at the beginning, which probably confused the hell out of it, and at a "logical" level it doesn't know all the sectors are empty?

Is there anything I can do besides wait this out?

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

I installed the latest version of Ubuntu yesterday, and so far it's mostly working, except actually trying to boot it. Most of the time right after the white ubuntu logo it just goes to a black screen and freezes there. If I use the LiveCD, and select the "Boot first hard drive" option, Ubuntu loads fine.
I think this means Grub is broken, or something. Neither the ubuntu forums or freenode irc channel are being particularly helpful. Is this Grub broken or not? If so, how can I repair/update it? If not, what else could be the problem?
I've run memtest, fsck, and checked the integrity of the install disc, and all came back clean. I installed Ubuntu over windows, since my windows install caught a bad case of aids (There were even infected copies of core windows files dumped on my goddamn mp3 player, it was ridiculous), and everything was installed the way it wanted to default to, including Grub, which just loads straight into ubuntu without a menu when I turn on the computer.

Edit: Oh, and how do I change the default programs for file types? When I double click an mp3 Movie Player still pops up, even though it doesn't even have the codecs to play them and I have VLC player installed, and I've tried (unsuccessfully) to use the "Preferred Applications" menu to change the multimedia default program to VLC.

Jetsetlemming fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 12, 2009

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

Jetsetlemming posted:

Edit: Oh, and how do I change the default programs for file types? When I double click an mp3 Movie Player still pops up, even though it doesn't even have the codecs to play them and I have VLC player installed, and I've tried (unsuccessfully) to use the "Preferred Applications" menu to change the multimedia default program to VLC.

usually right clicking the file and going to preferences will show a "open with" drop down list. just choose what you want to open the file with. usually it will associate all other files with that extension as well.

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns
I want to be able to do this:

ve env

in place of this:

source env/bin/activate

so I made this script:

#! /bin/bash
source $PWD/$1/bin/activate

but it doesn't work. It is supposed to add a little tag to the end of my PS1 variable (among other things), but it doesn't. It just returns nothing. 'activate' is a bash script that activates a python virtualenv.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

nbv4 posted:

I want to be able to do this:

ve env

in place of this:

source env/bin/activate

so I made this script:

#! /bin/bash
source $PWD/$1/bin/activate

but it doesn't work. It is supposed to add a little tag to the end of my PS1 variable (among other things), but it doesn't. It just returns nothing. 'activate' is a bash script that activates a python virtualenv.

First off, get the "virtualenvwrapper" tool, you're trying to reinvent it :) reasonably sure it can be pip installed or easy_installed (though either way it needs to be sourced in your bashrc or profile.) docs.

Second, while it's late and I'm rather beat, I think the answer to your question is that the "source" inside your bash script is sourcing/activating the venv, but only for the duration of the script itself...so as soon as the script exits, the venv goes away again.

This is why virtualenvwrapper defines everything as shell functions, not actual scripts -- a function will execute inside your current shell session and can thus update it, while a script is self contained and will not alter your shell session because it runs inside its own, inner session.

Another way to test/internalize this is to write a one line bash script that does e.g. cd /tmp, and run it from, say, your home directory. You will not be moved into /tmp :)

nbv4
Aug 21, 2002

by Duchess Gummybuns

bitprophet posted:

First off, get the "virtualenvwrapper" tool, you're trying to reinvent it :) reasonably sure it can be pip installed or easy_installed (though either way it needs to be sourced in your bashrc or profile.) docs.

Second, while it's late and I'm rather beat, I think the answer to your question is that the "source" inside your bash script is sourcing/activating the venv, but only for the duration of the script itself...so as soon as the script exits, the venv goes away again.

This is why virtualenvwrapper defines everything as shell functions, not actual scripts -- a function will execute inside your current shell session and can thus update it, while a script is self contained and will not alter your shell session because it runs inside its own, inner session.

Another way to test/internalize this is to write a one line bash script that does e.g. cd /tmp, and run it from, say, your home directory. You will not be moved into /tmp :)

ah good catch, thanks.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

kcncuda71 posted:

usually right clicking the file and going to preferences will show a "open with" drop down list. just choose what you want to open the file with. usually it will associate all other files with that extension as well.
This didn't work. What finally did was actually just uninstalling Movie Player. I hope this doesn't have some sort of dire consequences down the line but in the short term I'm feeling like getting mp3s to actually load in the one program on my computer that can actually play them is worth it.

Unrelated question:
Where are programs installed in Ubuntu? I'm looking for DOSBox's base install folder so I can edit its config to auto-mount a folder for DOS games.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Jetsetlemming posted:

Unrelated question:
Where are programs installed in Ubuntu? I'm looking for DOSBox's base install folder so I can edit its config to auto-mount a folder for DOS games.

This command will tell you the paths to all the files in a package: 'dpkg -L packagename'

Dec 10, 2004

lol custom title more like custom DICKS

JHVH-1 posted:

This command will tell you the paths to all the files in a package: 'dpkg -L packagename'

It will, but you shouldn't be editing any system wide install files for things affecting only your user. Dosbox will read ~/.dosboxrc and so you should put any customised configuration there.

~/ is a way of saying 'your home directory', ~username/ is the syntax for another user's home directory.

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

Ok, I finally get the array up and going. So I start SFTPing files to it, I get to around the 10 gig mark, and the box becomes totally unresponsive. I'm remote so I can't really tell whats going on, just that I can't ping or SSH/SFTP. After a minute or so it comes back.

Where do I need to look to found out WTF happened? (CentOS 5.4) - and then I had to mdadm --assemble my array, which started it syncing again. Is it going to do that every time I reboot?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Sounds like a bad disk to me. Check dmesg and your kernel logs.

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

Misogynist posted:

Sounds like a bad disk to me. Check dmesg and your kernel logs.

I was wondering why regular FTP wasn't enabled (on the Gigabit connection SFTP is actually noticeably slower) and typed "ftpd" into a prompt, I think that crashed it due to a message about binding sockets in /var/log/messages

Which means I didn't cleanly unmount the array? I also didn't have a mdadm.conf setup yet, though I do now :)

mdadm posted:

[root@hydra robpayne]# /sbin/mdadm --detail /dev/md0
/dev/md0:
Version : 0.90
Creation Time : Wed Nov 11 07:47:12 2009
Raid Level : raid6
Array Size : 11721074688 (11178.09 GiB 12002.38 GB)
Used Dev Size : 1465134336 (1397.26 GiB 1500.30 GB)
Raid Devices : 10
Total Devices : 10
Preferred Minor : 0
Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Thu Nov 12 02:41:31 2009
State : active, resyncing
Active Devices : 10
Working Devices : 10
Failed Devices : 0
Spare Devices : 0

Chunk Size : 64K

Rebuild Status : 22% complete

UUID : 9876a679:b6b3127d:3444b83b:f2df5141
Events : 0.5

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
0 8 0 0 active sync /dev/sda
1 8 16 1 active sync /dev/sdb
2 8 32 2 active sync /dev/sdc
3 8 48 3 active sync /dev/sdd
4 8 64 4 active sync /dev/sde
5 8 80 5 active sync /dev/sdf
6 8 96 6 active sync /dev/sdg
7 8 112 7 active sync /dev/sdh
8 8 128 8 active sync /dev/sdi
9 8 144 9 active sync /dev/sdj

mdstat posted:

[root@hydra robpayne]# cat /proc/mdstat
Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
md0 : active raid6 sda[0] sdj[9] sdi[8] sdh[7] sdg[6] sdf[5] sde[4] sdd[3] sdc[2] sdb[1]
11721074688 blocks level 6, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [10/10] [UUUUUUUUUU]
[====>................] resync = 22.4% (329026104/1465134336) finish=458.0min speed=41338K/sec

unused devices: <none>

I think all the disks are fine, they're practically brand new :)

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

roadhead posted:

I think all the disks are fine, they're practically brand new :)
I just had 3 brand new disks fail on me within about a week of each other. Disks follow the bathtub curve failure model, and are significantly more likely to fail on you in the early stages of their expected lifespan than the middle stages.

Trying to start ftpd shouldn't crash a machine. Something else is at play here.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Monday-ish, I installed a Redhat 7.2 VM and stuck it on the internet, it's been scanned a few times and some login ssh attempts, but nothing too much yet. I have a ton of services on it. Straight off the retail CD's and no security updates installed.

Being that it's from 2001, is it possible that nobody tries exploiting something that old?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Bob Morales posted:

Being that it's from 2001, is it possible that nobody tries exploiting something that old?
More like their exploit code doesn't work with the old-rear end library versions you have installed :v:

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

Misogynist posted:

I just had 3 brand new disks fail on me within about a week of each other. Disks follow the bathtub curve failure model, and are significantly more likely to fail on you in the early stages of their expected lifespan than the middle stages.

Trying to start ftpd shouldn't crash a machine. Something else is at play here.

Reading around vsftpd is the daemon that I should have been trying to use, but this is what makes me think that command halted the machine,

/var/log/messages posted:

Nov 12 02:03:32 hydra ftpd[7363]: getpeername (ftpd): Socket operation on non-socket
Nov 12 02:11:15 hydra syslogd 1.4.1: restart.

And because I had not yet made a mdadm.conf - even with a proper shutdown the array would not be unmounted cleanly, which explains the resyncing after I --assemble it again.

And I know all about stats and bath-tub curves when it comes to hard-drives, so far its not actually complaining or losing any of the data I've transferred to it, I was even able to mount it and pull a file from it (or write to it) while its resyncing.

Shell posted:

[root@hydra log]# /sbin/mdadm --detail /dev/md0
/dev/md0:
Version : 0.90
Creation Time : Wed Nov 11 07:47:12 2009
Raid Level : raid6
Array Size : 11721074688 (11178.09 GiB 12002.38 GB)
Used Dev Size : 1465134336 (1397.26 GiB 1500.30 GB)
Raid Devices : 10
Total Devices : 10
Preferred Minor : 0
Persistence : Superblock is persistent

Update Time : Thu Nov 12 02:41:31 2009
State : active, resyncing
Active Devices : 10
Working Devices : 10
Failed Devices : 0
Spare Devices : 0

Chunk Size : 64K

Rebuild Status : 75% complete

UUID : 9876a679:b6b3127d:3444b83b:f2df5141
Events : 0.5

Number Major Minor RaidDevice State
0 8 0 0 active sync /dev/sda
1 8 16 1 active sync /dev/sdb
2 8 32 2 active sync /dev/sdc
3 8 48 3 active sync /dev/sdd
4 8 64 4 active sync /dev/sde
5 8 80 5 active sync /dev/sdf
6 8 96 6 active sync /dev/sdg
7 8 112 7 active sync /dev/sdh
8 8 128 8 active sync /dev/sdi
9 8 144 9 active sync /dev/sdj

I was following a guide where I guess 24/7 up-time and manual de-mounting of disk arrays before each shutdown is considered normal. I had to google around a bit before finding a good guide on writing out the mdadm.conf

roadhead fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

ooops Quote != Edit