Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Preorder link for book 3 to have less pain in your life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Love the cover and the title, can't wait to get it if just to devour the history of the cats written sections.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
I can honestly say I've never been more excited for a preorder listing. I hope this means they are selling well and the volume releases will consistently continue.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Love the cover and the title, can't wait to get it if just to devour the history of the cats written sections.

The book will feature the complicated and fraught backstories of the cats, including Sothar and Smacks Peel, I hope (but that is not a dudes' promise).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris Onstad posted:

The book will feature the complicated and fraught backstories of the cats, including Sothar and Smacks Peel, I hope (but that is not a dudes' promise).

I'm racking my brain and can't remember who they are, so it'll either be a pleasant surprise or I won't notice the absence if it doesn't come through.

Also, just wanted to stress how much I love the composition of the latest strip with the paper running through the rollers. It's really wonderfully put together.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Jerusalem posted:

Also, just wanted to stress how much I love the composition of the latest strip with the paper running through the rollers. It's really wonderfully put together.

I feel exactly the same. In fact, I thought the composition of it was what took so long to make the strip. It's that good.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Remember eBay Platinum Reserve?

What's the best thing you got?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Strontosaurus posted:

Remember eBay Platinum Reserve?

What's the best thing you got?
Alright, but can I use it to buy Airwolf or Keith Moon's pickled head?

These are important questions.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
:siren: New strip! :siren:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Smoke posted:

:siren: New strip! :siren:

Oh man. I don't really know what to think about this strip. :smithfrog: :smith: :smithicide:

Mr.Roboto
May 12, 2007
Yes yes, you're welcome damnit.
I stared at the first three panels for a while without reading the text, trying to decipher them, and my mind came up with a variety of much more horrifying scenarios than a man being fed jellybeans.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The others are incredibly depressing (even Beef's) but Lyle's just seems like par for the course, look how resigned he is :shobon:

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

Wow, that's pretty dark. Not sure what to think. :smith:

Teodor's panel made me laugh though. :gbsmith:

Jeet
Jul 12, 2001

This latest strip was why I love Achewood, to go from a squirrel trapped in a piss formed text adventure to a stunningly melancholy series of panels that are utterly touching is mind blowing and the reason I keep coming back.

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
gently caress... Now I need to go refill my Hopeugrin.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mr.Roboto posted:

I stared at the first three panels for a while without reading the text, trying to decipher them, and my mind came up with a variety of much more horrifying scenarios than a man being fed jellybeans.

Let's be honest, at first glance it looks like a very different orifice.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
We don't need this Sunday reverence: Beef's mouth looked like a vagina. That was the joke. A nice joke, because the end was very :smith:, but in the best way. Achewood is a complex beast of oxymoronic emotions.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I really hope this isn't foreshadowing of a Beef/Molly breakup because that would break my heart. I'm not exaggerating, I'd feel terrible for them -- like if they were real people.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Teodor panel cracks me up.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

picosecond posted:

I really hope this isn't foreshadowing of a Beef/Molly breakup because that would break my heart. I'm not exaggerating, I'd feel terrible for them -- like if they were real people.

It feels more like the Beef Realizing He Needs to Get His poo poo Together moment. I mean Beef is a sad cat, but the man doesn't need to be fed jelly beans to survive as he shifts awkwardly under a terrible blanket.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Love's made a fool out of Bear.
I almost cried reading that strip. That was horrifyingly sad.

Surely, SURELY Onstad wouldn't break up Beef and Molly?

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

picosecond posted:

Personally I wonder if this is going to herald a bit of a tonal change for Philippe.

Philippe may no longer be six.

alternatively it might just be a cartoon about talking cats

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I remember when I realized the same thing Phillipe did. Except I was twenty. :smith:

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi

ZorbaTHut posted:

Personally I wonder if this is going to herald a bit of a tonal change for Philippe.

Philippe may no longer be six.

alternatively it might just be a cartoon about talking cats

Phillipe is five!

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
When were the orders with the anniversary pint glass supposed to start shipping...I forget.

I'm concentrating on merchandise to stop the pain.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pascallion posted:

When were the orders with the anniversary pint glass supposed to start shipping...I forget.

Right about now I think.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I've experienced some pretty severe pain in my life, but I'm not sure whether any of it would be considered "tremendous." Do I still have something to look forward to :ohdear:

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Pascallion posted:

They start shipping around Wednesday! They are in transit from the printer to the distro and should arrive tomorrow (Monday). This is one thing we did which actually almost happened on time.

Podges
Nov 25, 2002

I've been reading through the archives again and just finished the wedding storyline. Bad, bad timing. :smith:

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Aww man, I was hoping he really would be five forever like in that "glimpse into the future" strip.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Phillipe is five.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

I've experienced some pretty severe pain in my life, but I'm not sure whether any of it would be considered "tremendous." Do I still have something to look forward to :ohdear:

Of course you do.

EVERYONE always has pain to look forward to.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Aren't Beef and Molly doomed to break up? It seems like I got that impression from a strip, but I can't place...

Muffin Loaf
Aug 9, 2006

You muffin to me?
You muffin to ME?

Happy Hippo posted:

Aren't Beef and Molly doomed to break up? It seems like I got that impression from a strip, but I can't place...

I think they may be in jeopardy in the long run, but I'd be really surprised if it ends this soon. I know the passage of time in a comic is pretty fluid and definitely not necessarily 1:1 with real time, but it just seems awful quick, especially given the epic effort and follow-up put into the wedding storyline.

I think we'll see some major plot points in the stories of some other characters before something so big happens to Beef and Molly. Then again, I could be wrong (I hope I am right :()

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Happy Hippo posted:

You got that impression from this: http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10022007

It also reiterates my earlier statement that Phillipe is 5. :colbert:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I had my right middle finger smashed by a car door by my stepsister when I was five... :smith:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Flying-PCP posted:

Aww man, I was hoping he really would be five forever like in that "glimpse into the future" strip.
We've seen him have a birthday where he went from being five to being five. I don't think you have to worry.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
GODDAMNIT PHILLIPE IS FIVE!

Chris, back me up here.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Philippe is five, people. Why must you doubt reality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Chris Onstad posted:

Philippe is five, people. Why must you doubt reality?
I'm Philippe agnostic. What if he's five-and-a-half?