Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

McGravin posted:

That's as cool as my friend's kid who, at age 5, knew the correct answer to "Who is the best Green Lantern?" (Hal Jordan)

I am pretty sure that is only the correct answer if the kid has Down's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Somberbrero posted:

I am pretty sure that is only the correct answer if the kid has Down's.
Do you really want to get into this argument (in which you are wrong)?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Onstad do you think you're going to get in trouble when your daughter learns how to use the internet and finds out you make a living drawing rock-hard cat dicks all day

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

McGravin posted:

Not really, but somebody has to stick up for Guy Gardner.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Not really, but somebody has to stick up for Guy Gardner.
Oh, thank god. I thought for a second you were going to say Kyle Raynor. But still, that bowl cut?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

McGravin posted:

Oh, thank god. I thought for a second you were going to say Kyle Raynor. But still, that bowl cut?

Who else could wear a bowl cut and just not give a poo poo what anyone thinks?

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
Guys, seriously. Everyone knows it's Sinestro. :can:

Also, this particular strip gives me a few new phrases to say when my mom asks me when I'm planning on settling down. I'm particularly fond of the cleaver one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That final panel is absolutely spot-on and cracked me up.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Who else could wear a bowl cut and just not give a poo poo what anyone thinks?

Moe Howard, but you're right about Guy

Holy crap, that line about Kennedy

unkle77
Sep 9, 2009

Please prepare me one of these... Chocolate Egg Creams.
Countdown to "Achewood: LOSS", it begins NOW. (Also, how lovely it is that I've been trying been trying to articulate just how terrifying it must be to have them ch'urns, and Achewood keeps the anti-baby action coming and coming)

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

A.S.H. posted:

Mr. Bear is an inexhaustible font of quotable wisdom.

God I wish his blog still updated.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Chris Onstad posted:

There is no longer a baby. :(

This is because the baby hit the pupae stage and is currently a sticky mess best kept hidden from predators and not because she befell calamity, right?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

McGravin posted:

Hal Jordan is the worst of all Lanterns and only bad people like Mister Generic.

Rot Lop Fan and Ch'P are best Lanterns. :colbert:

Also, I hope this ends up in a big long storyline, and makes Beef want to go get fixed, with Ray coaching him.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Hal Jordan is the worst of all Lanterns and only bad people like Mister Generic.

Rot Lop Fan and Ch'P are best Lanterns. :colbert:
Okay, Rot Lop Fan rocks. But he's not the best Green Lantern from Earth.

How is Hal "Mister Generic"? Now Kyle, he's just some random jerk that Ganthet chucked a ring at in an alley behind a bar.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Hey, guys, at the risk of sounding like a backseat moderator, take it to the BN thread, huh?

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

McGravin posted:

That's as cool as my friend's kid who, at age 5, knew the correct answer to "Who is the best Green Lantern?" (Hal Jordan)

That's the worst typo for 'John Stewart' I've ever seen.

edit: late for the derail, going to the BN thread now

Phenylketonuric
Aug 12, 2003

So are we ever going to find out if Cornelius can successfully play a trumpet with his cock?

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

Phenylketonuric posted:

So are we ever going to find out if Cornelius can successfully play a trumpet with his cock?

You mean Lyle. Cornelius has only ever tried to protect his trumpet from such a disgrace.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

I did it wit my lil hatchet

King Nothing posted:

You mean Lyle. Cornelius has only ever tried to protect his trumpet from such a disgrace.

He just doesn't want to be outdone. The Bear is getting a little old.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Phenylketonuric posted:

At this point, do you have reason to believe he can't?

Phenylketonuric
Aug 12, 2003

King Nothing posted:

No, I did mean Cornelius. Take another look. Cornelius could be putting his trumpet away in a locked drawer, sure, but I've always liked to believe that he's positioning the trumpet to line up with his crotch for a jam sesh. Note the quiet awe of a man bear possessed by an idea that had never occurred to him before. He's thinking: Perhaps it is possible.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Surely if you wanted to play a trumpet with your cock you would still be allowed to use your hands.

He's definitely locking it in the drawer.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Phenylketonuric posted:

No, I did mean Cornelius. Take another look. Cornelius could be putting his trumpet away in a locked drawer, sure, but I've always liked to believe that he's positioning the trumpet to line up with his crotch for a jam sesh. Note the quiet awe of a man bear possessed by an idea that had never occurred to him before. He's thinking: Perhaps it is possible.

He's taking the trumpet off the top of the desk and locking it in a drawer.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Well...does God have a car? I hope Mr. Onstad answers this cliffhanger soon.

Phenylketonuric
Aug 12, 2003

Onstad will retcon this and you guys will all look like fools

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

We will probably find out about the same time we find out about the fate of Scrambles, the lost dog.

The BERNiNATOR
Jul 19, 2007

SANDOR!
Finally, I got my order in the mail today! It took about a month, but now I am eager to show off what I got.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

NonConformistBurger posted:

Finally, I got my order in the mail today! It took about a month, but now I am eager to show off what I got.

btw those things are hella not dishwasher safe you can barely see the logos on mine.

They might have said that somewhere or maybe that is common sense but by the time I noticed them fading in the dishwasher it was too late.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Those who can afford dishwashers (i.e. rich people) can afford to replace the glass if it wears out

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What kind of scrub puts fancy glasses with printed designs in the dishwasher anyway?

Answer: literally everyone. If you know someone who owns an intact version of

these things, they are the only such person left in the world.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

We will probably find out about the same time we find out about the fate of Scrambles, the lost dog.

I got extremely slightly kind of upset when I read the author notes in Worst Song, Played On Ugliest Guitar for that strip :smith:

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Can I post about the Enrudened Tanqueray drink recipe in the latest fanflow update? Because it sounds pretty tasty, but also like the sort of recipe that people who don't pay a membership fee should not be allowed to know about. Exclusive.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Chris, I would just like to thank you for the last few years of Achewood entertainment. This is one of the best webcomics on the internet.

I'll thank you more when I can afford a t-shirt.

Juice Packets
Sep 22, 2005

They're Handy But They Leak Like Fuck!™

Jerusalem posted:

I got extremely slightly kind of upset when I read the author notes in Worst Song, Played On Ugliest Guitar for that strip :smith:

Oh man. I had to look. I just HAD to look. It doesn't help that my parents' dog is getting old so anything to do with sad dogs makes me want to bawl. Ffffffuck.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Sigma-X posted:

btw those things are hella not dishwasher safe you can barely see the logos on mine.

They might have said that somewhere or maybe that is common sense but by the time I noticed them fading in the dishwasher it was too late.

I've done mine in the dishwasher a few times with no wear or tear visible. Did the supplier change when the new merch-distributors took over?

Also: http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-best-comics-of-the-00s,35713/ - look at that! The first one listed alphabetically!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

:siren: New strip! :siren:

They will never have kids.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God those shadow puppets are the best.

Edit: Oh God I only just noticed the smiley faces and the sneeze, hahaha.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Molly looks like she's aging prematurely from living with Beef.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
Sidney Yamahata is the perfect modern news anchor parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
I was beginning to wonder whether we would indeed see Sidney Yamahata again.