Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Umbra Dubium posted:

I think Swagger had different music for his very first week.

Yes, I remember it was one of the really generic type of themes, and then the following week he had the "CHECK 1 2"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
What's BJ Whitmer doing?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Hockles posted:

Yes, I remember it was one of the really generic type of themes, and then the following week he had the "CHECK 1 2"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlmBWt-JiWw - first theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlmVtKg0QOQ - second theme (which was lance cades old theme)

and now the one we all love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXXc3rZz8PA

and thats the history of jack swagger and his musical taste

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
This is for old fans -

Does anybody besides me remember a crazy 30 minute esque brawl match between Warrior and Haku on WWF Superstars, back in the late 80s/early 90s? I always have this match in the back of my mind and to my warped memory, I remember it being really loving good and violent, and seemingly non stop. My guess is, now knowing these two guys better, that it was really a stiff semi shoot, but obviously I can't expect to find it on youtube or dailymotion.. am I insane, or did Warrior/Haku once put on such a virtuoso match many years ago?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

This is for old fans -

Does anybody besides me remember a crazy 30 minute esque brawl match between Warrior and Haku on WWF Superstars, back in the late 80s/early 90s? I always have this match in the back of my mind and to my warped memory, I remember it being really loving good and violent, and seemingly non stop. My guess is, now knowing these two guys better, that it was really a stiff semi shoot, but obviously I can't expect to find it on youtube or dailymotion.. am I insane, or did Warrior/Haku once put on such a virtuoso match many years ago?

April 28, 1990 edition of Saturday Night Main Event.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I will forever disagree with this opinion because that match was the clearly bigger star Triple H hitting Jericho with everything and Jericho NOT staying down, and then Jericho hitting Triple H with everything until both of them were essentially dead, and ended with Triple H (THE number one utmost utter super heel of ALL of wrestling in the world of the time) managing to JUST stagger to his feet to meet the 10 count and then collapsing beside Jericho because he couldn't stand any longer. I thought it did a hell of a lot for Jericho.

You're missing the bigger picture though. HHH had antagonized and embarrassed Jericho for weeks, and this was supposed to be Jericho's big comeuppance. The fact that HHH won was the main problem. It just did not make any sense and seemed to exist just to make Jericho look like a bitch.

The fact that the next feud they were in had Jericho playing a supporting role to Stephanie and a loving DOG makes it seem even more apparent that HHH just does not like the guy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

didn't rock and austin both have to basically fight and plead with mcmahon to put jericho over at vengeance 01?

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Jerusalem posted:

I will forever disagree with this opinion because that match was the clearly bigger star Triple H hitting Jericho with everything and Jericho NOT staying down, and then Jericho hitting Triple H with everything until both of them were essentially dead, and ended with Triple H (THE number one utmost utter super heel of ALL of wrestling in the world of the time) managing to JUST stagger to his feet to meet the 10 count and then collapsing beside Jericho because he couldn't stand any longer. I thought it did a hell of a lot for Jericho.

That's actually a really good way of selling that match. Hmm. Now I'm tempted to go back and watch that match and the ones CM Junk recommended.

quote:

You're missing the bigger picture though. HHH had antagonized and embarrassed Jericho for weeks, and this was supposed to be Jericho's big comeuppance. The fact that HHH won was the main problem. It just did not make any sense and seemed to exist just to make Jericho look like a bitch.

Then again, this jives with what I recall of that whole feud. I will fully admit I was part of that 'TRIPLE H HOLDS GUYS DOWN' crowd back when I was really following wrestling, though.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Captain Charisma posted:

The fact that the next feud they were in had Jericho playing a supporting role to Stephanie and a loving DOG makes it seem even more apparent that HHH just does not like the guy.

I agree. Jericho never put one over on HHH for that feud, as far as I can remember. Which is kind of hazy, so if there's video proof, it's against procedure, but I'll allow it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Charisma posted:

As I recall it was Jericho who infuriated and antagonized Triple H for weeks, verbally destroying Stephanie, kissing her, costing Triple H a title shot, getting him stinkfaced, costing him a match against THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER etc. Triple H then got all of DX to beat Jericho down, and Jericho came back and demanded the Last Man Standing match, and Triple H claimed that he would destroy Jericho because he was the better man. Instead, the match was back and forth and ended with Triple H barely managing to answer the count, being the Last Man Standing for 0.01 of a second before crashing out of it himself next to Jericho. The match was very good for Jericho, it made it look like he was able to go toe to toe with the world's very top heel of the time.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

As I recall it was Jericho who infuriated and antagonized Triple H for weeks, verbally destroying Stephanie, kissing her, costing Triple H a title shot, getting him stinkfaced, costing him a match against THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER etc. Triple H then got all of DX to beat Jericho down, and Jericho came back and demanded the Last Man Standing match, and Triple H claimed that he would destroy Jericho because he was the better man. Instead, the match was back and forth and ended with Triple H barely managing to answer the count, being the Last Man Standing for 0.01 of a second before crashing out of it himself next to Jericho. The match was very good for Jericho, it made it look like he was able to go toe to toe with the world's very top heel of the time.

and do tell me where jericho went after that

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

dusty udder smoker posted:

didn't rock and austin both have to basically fight and plead with mcmahon to put jericho over at vengeance 01?

Not quite, IIRC. They were both of the opinion that Jericho should win and were both very willing to put him over. I think Vince's stand was basically, "if you two are OK with it, I've got no problem, either, so let's go for it."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

and do tell me where jericho went after that

To the lucrative upper midcard/main event scene where he remains to this day.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

To the lucrative upper midcard/main event scene where he remains to this day.

you call a feud with x-pac and comedy feud with kane lucrative?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

you call a feud with x-pac and comedy feud with kane lucrative?

I'm sure his bank manager of the time did, yes.

WWE might have dropped the ball in terms of continuing to push Jericho in the main event at the time, but I fail to see how a very good match with Triple H in which Triple H sold it like Jericho had beaten him to within an inch of his life (and following a build up in which Jericho continually got the upper hand on Triple H until he had to get all his friends together to hold Jericho down for him) is to blame or is an indication that Triple H hates Jericho and tried to bury the gently caress out of him but somehow despite all of Triple H's political clout somehow Jericho managed to make a long-term, incredibly successful career in WWE while Triple H stood scowling in the background and giving CM Punk a wedgie.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

The A-Team Van posted:

My question is about entrance music. How many current WWE superstars still have their original music? I'm not including tag teams in this, so all I can think of is Jericho and CM Punk.

Jeff Hardy kept the Hardy Boyz theme as his singles theme until mid-2008 or so. Matt's had the Monster Magnet theme pretty much since the Hardys split up the first time, or at least the Mattitude V1 days.

And if we're gonna discount Undertaker, we may have to discount Jericho too. He changed his theme to a Saliva song for a short amount of time before changing it back.

Um, Hornswoggle still has his original music, and if we do include tag teams, DX pretty much goes back further than anyone besides HBK himself.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CM Junk posted:

Jeff Hardy kept the Hardy Boyz theme as his singles theme until mid-2008 or so. Matt's had the Monster Magnet theme pretty much since the Hardys split up the first time.

And if we're gonna discount Undertaker, we may have to discount Jericho too. He changed his theme to a Saliva song for a short amount of time before changing it back.

Um, Hornswoggle still has his original music, and if we do include tag teams, DX pretty much goes back further than anyone besides HBK himself.

undertaker's 90s music is completely different from his current theme. go take a listen.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Atticus Finch posted:

What's BJ Whitmer doing?

Probably wishing getting stuck with barbed wire and staples got him more popular/money than it did.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

undertaker's 90s music is completely different from his current theme. go take a listen.

Plus, remember when 'Taker had the rock remix of his theme? That was more than just a minor tweak like Jericho's.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
HHH has been using "The Game" for around 9 years or so. I know he got right around the first quad explosion. Also of note, Eric Bischoff's TNA theme is his old WCW theme.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
Matt Hardy's had "I WILL SLAM A TORNADO" for a long time too, hasn't he?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jack Krauser posted:

HHH has been using "The Game" for around 9 years or so. I know he got right around the first quad explosion. Also of note, Eric Bischoff's TNA theme is his old WCW theme.
I don't think so, was it? His old music was the nWo Nitro theme, which was that music from the badass three-musician scene in Desperado. Did I stroke out when his new music played, 'cause it sounded totally different to me.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

LividLiquid posted:

I don't think so, was it? His old music was the nWo Nitro theme, which was that music from the badass three-musician scene in Desperado. Did I stroke out when his new music played, 'cause it sounded totally different to me.

It was the TNA re-mix of the Desperado rip-off.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LividLiquid posted:

Bischoff on TNA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RR7X4QyusI#t=4m22s
Bischoff's WCW theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXOEmphorE

Maybe a slight difference there.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Right on. I actually really liked his old music. Good to hear it again, if even re-orchestrated by a douchebag.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LividLiquid posted:

Right on. I actually really liked his old music. Good to hear it again, if even re-orchestrated by a douchebag.

I liked his WWE music. Made me think that what I was about to see wouldn't be terrible.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

UndergroundHero posted:

Plus, remember when 'Taker had the rock remix of his theme? That was more than just a minor tweak like Jericho's.

How about when his music was "Rollin'"?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The theme he had right after Rollin' was hilarious.
"Nice guys, it's said they always finish last
but badasses always kick rear end!"

Although it was also pretty funny to have Undertaker stare down his opponent with "Get some better beats and uhhhh get some better rhymes" blaring in the background.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Fucken_Gieux posted:

I liked his WWE music. Made me think that what I was about to see wouldn't be terrible.

Seconding this. "I'M BACK...AND BETTER THAN EVER" always made me sit up and take notice.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Bischoff's "I'm Back" sounds very much like Underaker's "Bad rear end" theme.. Were they a partnership of some sort?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jack Krauser posted:

Bischoff's WCW theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULXOEmphorE

:psyduck: The moment I hit play on this, I tensed up and remembered how much I used to HATE that music, because he always used to be on the nWo's side and would gently caress over my beloved WCW guys.

That's some distinctive music right there.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

I had that blocked out of my memory and now you make me remember. :(

I also remember he used American Bad rear end when he first came back, and as someone mentioned "You're gonna pay!"... Man Bikertaker had some lovely themes!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

UndergroundHero posted:

Man Bikertaker had some lovely themes!

As Bikertaker was regularly the shittiest part of the show, the themes were just fair warning.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

tzirean posted:

As Bikertaker was regularly the shittiest part of the show, the themes were just fair warning.

This might be the most incorrect sentence I've ever read on here. Biketaker was awesome.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Bischoff's "I'm Back" sounds very much like Underaker's "Bad rear end" theme.. Were they a partnership of some sort?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcrI4R_AEOA&feature=related

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

oldpainless posted:

This might be the most incorrect sentence I've ever read on here. Biketaker was awesome.

But he took my bike

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

^^^^^^^

Made me laugh. I also notice another post where it is spelled "Underaker".

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Iskanderson posted:

Matt Hardy's had "I WILL SLAM A TORNADO" for a long time too, hasn't he?

Like I said, at latest since the V1 days, so at least seven years running now. Wikipedia says his only themes he's used were that and the Hardys theme, so sometime after they initially split up has he been using that as his singles theme.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

CM Junk posted:

Like I said, at latest since the V1 days, so at least seven years running now. Wikipedia says his only themes he's used were that and the Hardys theme, so sometime after they initially split up has he been using that as his singles theme.
It first showed up on that "Forceable Entry" CD, listed as being "inspired by" the Hardy Boyz or something along those lines. Shortly afterward Matt started using a cut up version of it as a proper entrance theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

LividLiquid posted:

Well, he had his Motorhead "Game" theme when he came back on 2002 from his first quad tear, and it's 2010 now...so yeah. And he had that theme well before '02, I think his themes went in order like so:

First: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RjVU3eEyKw
Second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52qjx2gnaA
Third (DX) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl6nx2d5q9o
Fourth (post-DX) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwjUf_rAhxU
Fifth (The Game) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mMj0qUcZbc
Sixth (King of Kings) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5glgn8rmELE

But he's been using the Motorhead "The Game" theme forever, I know since maybe late '90s or early '00s, so it's stayed for over 10 years for sure.