Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Hey could you include a button for the navigation bar that lists all forums?
It would be great because that way I could turn off the menubar.

For reference, you can look at the arsbar which allows that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

warning posted:

Search the forums from the SA menu and the link at the top of the forums go to two different places.

The forums one works and the menu one does not.

I guess that means search is live now. I'll add that in with the new menu code I've been trying to finish (I've been a bit busy with other things).
Unless something happens, I'll get a release out this weekend with the rewritten menu that should never forget the forums and that subscribe issue fixed as well.

StupidFatHobbit
Jan 15, 2004

StupidFatHobbit posted:

A long long time ago, I used to be able to do ctrl-enter to submit a reply to a thread (NOT press R to reply to current post, but i.e. right now as I'm typing this up I used to be able to hit it to reply). Then at some point it stopped working.

Is there any way to restore this functionality?

Anyone? :(

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Updated to FF 3.6b3 and for some reason even when I turn the compatibility checker off for 3.6 it refuses to turn on SALR. Anyone know why and/or have a fix?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

real_scud posted:

Updated to FF 3.6b3 and for some reason even when I turn the compatibility checker off for 3.6 it refuses to turn on SALR. Anyone know why and/or have a fix?
Using the right preference in about :config? The preference name has been changed to include whatever version of Firefox you're using. So you'll need to set extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6b to false in order to disable compatibility checking.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Edit: ^Well poo poo, I didn't know that.

Have you tried the Nightly Tester Tools extension? Among other things, it adds is an "Override All Compatibility" button to the addons dialog, which force-enables (and allows installation of) extensions whose version compatibility doesn't include your current version.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 19, 2009

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

vkeios posted:

Using the right preference in about :config? The preference name has been changed to include whatever version of Firefox you're using. So you'll need to set extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6b to false in order to disable compatibility checking.
Ya I only had extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6 and it enabled some of my extensions I didn't think that I'd have to be explicit and do 3.6b, oh well thanks for the heads up.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Do you think you can add a "video" vbbcode option in a next release?

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but it's a new problem for me.

Is anyone else having an issue posting threads where you can type in the thread title but it doesn't show up in the quick reply thing-thing? I don't post a lot of threads but I noticed this a few nights ago. When you click submit and SA takes you to the "you sure you gonna post this thread?" page, you can fill it in there so it's not a big deal at all but I figured I'd share.

Also, typing the thread title in the quick thing-thing actually does work, you just cant see the text. As far as I know I have the latest version of salr and firefox.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

vkeios posted:

Sorry to bump a month old thread but the new Firefox update destroyed SA last read compatability. Can you explain the about :config thing a bit more? Searching in it for set extensions.checkCompatibility gives no result.

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Mister Bung posted:

Sorry to bump a month old thread but the new Firefox update destroyed SA last read compatability. Can you explain the about :config thing a bit more? Searching in it for set extensions.checkCompatibility gives no result.

What broke? I just upgraded to Firefox 3.5.6 and am now looking for what exploded :ohdear:

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
EDIT: Oh I see SA Last Read is up to 1.99.090126, it didn't auto-update when Firefox did.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Is anyone else running the latest version from bounty source with 3.6? Everything works perfectly except for one annoyance - right clicking on the forums menu brings up a context menu along with it's normal behavior of opening a new tab. I'm not sure if this is a bug or caused by something else that I'm running.

satin666
Jun 7, 2006

satin666 posted:

I haven't had any problems with keyboard navigation ever, it's the main reason I use this.

Well, I just updated to Firefox 3.5 and it doesn't work anymore. I have to use the mouse to turn the page

satin666 fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 20, 2009

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Editing a post still unbookmarks the thread consistently. No offense, but it's been months since I first asked if it could be fixed.

Ravarek
Apr 25, 2004

Solid gold dipes:
E'ry day I'm hustlin'.
Is there any way I can get SALR to work on Firefox 3.6? I feel so naked without it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Ravarek posted:

Is there any way I can get SALR to work on Firefox 3.6? I feel so naked without it.

Turn off extension compatibility checking.

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

flatluigi posted:

Editing a post still unbookmarks the thread consistently. No offense, but it's been months since I first asked if it could be fixed.

I am also experiencing this issue.

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...
For some reason I am missing the quote, post, and reply buttons in FF 3.6. Upgrading to the most recent build of SALR didn't fix it. Any ideas?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Polluxx Troy posted:

For some reason I am missing the quote, post, and reply buttons in FF 3.6. Upgrading to the most recent build of SALR didn't fix it. Any ideas?

What happens if you disable or enable quick quote/reply?

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...

fishmech posted:

What happens if you disable or enable quick quote/reply?

Either way - nothing happens

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Have you tried restarting your computer?

elisaaa
Mar 30, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
My unvisited threads and unseen posts are not colored even though I assigned them colors in the SALR preferences. Can I fix this somehow?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

elisaaa posted:

My unvisited threads and unseen posts are not colored even though I assigned them colors in the SALR preferences. Can I fix this somehow?

Make sure your forum preferences are to color unseen posts and threads, too?

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
I'm not seeing anything in SALR about automatically refreshing a forum's thread list. Am I missing that? Is it not supported in Firefox 3.5? Has it fallen by the wayside since I last used SALR months ago?

elisaaa
Mar 30, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Neito posted:

Make sure your forum preferences are to color unseen posts and threads, too?

Uh, where is this preference?

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=editoptions

Make sure they match the settings in this image: https://files.bountysource.com/system/files/LibraryEntry/289/screenshot13.png

It looks like the SSL cert on bountysource expired 2 months ago so some images in the OP (this one included) are not displaying.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 and last read version 1.99.090721.

A while back quick reply/quote/edit quit working. I can't figure out what to do to get them working again, any ideas?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
With RC1 today you have to set extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6 to false, instead of extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6b

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
^ Is this somewhere in the about:config page? I can't find it.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

flatluigi posted:

Guess where my bookmark for this thread went. ;)

chippy posted:

^ Is this somewhere in the about :config page? I can't find it.

You have to add it.

e: I'm looking into the unbookmarking
e2: fixed on my end :)

astral fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jan 15, 2010

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Working on fixing Advanced Thread Filtering.

e: fixes for advanced thread filtering and the unsubscribing bug have been committed. Folks-in-a-hurry can snag the updated files from subversion and build it themselves, but I'd like to sleep on it before trying to get it pushed out to everyone. Also, with bountysource's cert expiring I'm not even sure Firefox would auto-update SALR without manually adding an exception anyway. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jan 15, 2010

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
While you're in there could you fix right clicking on the forum menu? It used to just open up the forum in a new unselected tab but now it also brings up the context menu. Nothing major but opening forums from the menu is probably my most used feature of SALR.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

astral posted:

You have to add it.

Got it, cheers.

elisaaa
Mar 30, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sneaking Mission posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=editoptions

Make sure they match the settings in this image: https://files.bountysource.com/system/files/LibraryEntry/289/screenshot13.png

It looks like the SSL cert on bountysource expired 2 months ago so some images in the OP (this one included) are not displaying.

All of my settings match these, but new posts in threads still appear in the regular gray instead of my SALR color settings for new posts. Any way to fix this?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

elisaaa posted:

All of my settings match these, but new posts in threads still appear in the regular gray instead of my SALR color settings for new posts. Any way to fix this?

The unseen post (and unseen thread) color choices seem to have no effect. I'll take a look.

e: the reason it doesn't work is because it would currently colorize all the unread posts in byob/fyad. There are separate color settings for fyad in the preference window but it doesn't look like they are used. It'll need a bigger update to get the whole thing working properly, but I have some spare time today so I'll see if I can make it happen. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jan 16, 2010

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Okay, so it's coming down to a decision about some default colors for BYOB. Specifically, the 'read with new posts'/'read with no new posts' colors in the forum display and the colors for the read posts in the thread display.

The way I see it, there are a few basic options:
  • Keep the default colors from SALR (the ones it currently is applying to threads/posts in byob)
  • Use the forums' default colors (a slightly darker blue and slightly darker purple for already-seen posts, no color changes at all in the list of threads)
  • Use the slightly darker purple/blues for both
  • Something else

Teaser image:

Click here for the full 1129x905 image.

Coming soon, BYOB, FYAD, and the set of all other forums can look as good (or, in this case, horrible) as you'd like!

astral fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jan 16, 2010

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

astral posted:

You have to add it.

Hey, thanks!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Okay, I've just about finished the thread/post coloring update. Like I mentioned before, though, there's just one decision left to be made.

Here's the new tentative default colorizing scheme for BYOB, a slightly modified version of SALR's default colorizing scheme. Of course, you can go crazy and set the colors to whatever you like. :)

Click here for the full 629x658 image.

astral fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I'm wondering if anyone is as addicted to the custom user notes feature as I am. Since installing SALR about a year or so ago I must have about 50 notes.

• Locked thread