Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Dickeye posted:

In other news I finally really listened to Scrambles because I bought it today, and goddamn this album owns.

Jeff... :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
BTMI is doing an ipod tour in the southeast, you can check the myspace for dates. They still don't have an athens date up and I'm not driving to Atlanta for jeff + ipod so hopefully something gets added soon. If you play an instrument though learn a song or two and show up and you can play with him which is pretty sweet.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Josh Wow posted:

BTMI is doing an ipod tour in the southeast, you can check the myspace for dates. They still don't have an athens date up and I'm not driving to Atlanta for jeff + ipod so hopefully something gets added soon. If you play an instrument though learn a song or two and show up and you can play with him which is pretty sweet.

Jeff has also said that if you request a song, any song at all, he will play it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oh my god he's playing charlotte on the 18th if i didn't have to work i would be there so fast

I would kill to hear Unlimited Breadsticks Soup and Salad Days live. I Don't Love You Anymore, too, but only with an actual band.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Dickeye posted:

oh my god he's playing charlotte on the 18th if i didn't have to work i would be there so fast

I would kill to hear Unlimited Breadsticks Soup and Salad Days live. I Don't Love You Anymore, too, but only with an actual band.

I Don't Love You Anymore is as great live as you'd expect. Mike Costa kills it on the drums. I love the ipod shows just as much as the full band shows, so I can't wait for him to end up back in Brooklyn.

Scrambles is one of my favorite albums, but I didn't fully appreciate it until I saw them play the whole thing at a release party, then it just clicked.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

No Boston dates =(

Last time they played was the first time I've ever seen a show sell out at the Middle East Upstairs. As I stood outside lamenting I heard them cover Ruby Soho...:cry:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lessthankyle posted:

I Don't Love You Anymore is as great live as you'd expect. Mike Costa kills it on the drums. I love the ipod shows just as much as the full band shows, so I can't wait for him to end up back in Brooklyn.

Scrambles is one of my favorite albums, but I didn't fully appreciate it until I saw them play the whole thing at a release party, then it just clicked.

The thing about Don't Love You that really pulls it together for me is the last verse/chorus where Jeff is just screaming incoherently. It's a great song up till then, but once you hit that it's just amazing and I don't know why.

Maybe because I can sit in my car and scream along like a wild man without having to pretend I know the words, kinda like I do now with Stuff I Like

Also I finally realized that Kepi does vocals on It Shits this morning and that just blew my loving mind. This whole album is blowing my mind the last few days, I don't know why buying it on CD suddenly made it click for me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is anyone else slightly disappointed that Streetlight's new album is strictly covers? I mean, I love anything that's new Streetlight, but I love Kalnoky's original songs so much more.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

If the album were originals we wouldn't see a release until 2011 at least, if Somewhere in the Between is any indicator.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

2011 is an awfully generous estimate, late 2012 probably.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

Sandwolf posted:

Is anyone else slightly disappointed that Streetlight's new album is strictly covers? I mean, I love anything that's new Streetlight, but I love Kalnoky's original songs so much more.

I think everyone would prefer an original album but we will take what we can get. At least it should be more interesting then the Keasbey Nights cover album, which while fun was the same songs slightly faster with shittier mastering. The real question is when will we get a full BOTAR album. Sadly the answer is probably never.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sandwolf posted:

No because that Punk Rock Girl cover sounds rad as hell

I guess a couple other places have started reporting 3/16 as the release date. We've heard it from pretty much everyone but the band at this point.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh

poo poo

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
awesome. but what happened to the vinyl being available before the cd?

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

Dickeye posted:

Oh

poo poo

I question this because the link is from Victory, and well, it's SM.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Skachilles has been bugging some poor girl at Victory for a month or two now and she gave 3/16 as the date a couple weeks ago, before that even went up

So I'm reaaaaalllllly hopin' that's the real date, especially because it's 2 weeks before my birthday and that would be a bitchin' present

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bbh3D7e_6U

:)

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Awesome! Will buy when my 360 gets back from repair.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

It's not actually finished yet, I'll definitely be letting you guys know when it's done.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

That's pretty crazy. If I played rhythm games I'd totally be about that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
First Bosstones, now TMT

Time for a Ska Band Hero game? (No)

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

It would be a terrible idea, but I'd also like to giggle at the idea of playing anything off Somewhere in the Between on Expert.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I wonder how long before we can get a brass section add-on for Rock Band.

And in other, stomach-churning news: http://www.abeano.com/blog/new-vampire-weekend-ruby-soho-rancid-cover-and-minimix
Vampire Weekend recorded a cover of "Ruby SoHo". I've only heard a few VW songs, but this is just bad.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Although I don't like to admit it, I like Vampire Weekend and that cover is alright though the vocals could be livelier.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

It would be a terrible idea, but I'd also like to giggle at the idea of playing anything off Somewhere in the Between on Expert.

The day Audiosurf's beta opened up, I played We Will Fall Together and wanted to die

Punknews and someone else have picked up the March 16th release. Maybe it's really real?

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Bomb the Music Industry! just dropped an EP today. Haven't gotten a chance to listen through, but I'll go ahead and say it's going to be great.

http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/qur038.htm

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lessthankyle posted:

Bomb the Music Industry! just dropped an EP today. Haven't gotten a chance to listen through, but I'll go ahead and say it's going to be great.

http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/qur038.htm

Aaaaaand HE'S RIGHT! It's amazing. Slumlord is a personal favorite.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
BTMI is playing here ( I live in Columbia, he is playing in Rock Hill tomorrow). My guitarist's other band is playing with him. Kinda disappointed he is playing with the ipod, heard the full band is awesome, the one man gig- not so much.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
I honestly don't get why people are so against the iPod thing. I've seen shows with both, and with the iPod he's able to do his early crazy poo poo better. Full bands can't necessarily pull that off.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Well I've seen both and I definitely prefer full band over ipod. The ipod constrains him to play the songs at one speed, with the full band half the stuff is super fast and just kinda everything is about to go off the rails and fall apart but it still (usually) holds together and it just rules. Ipod can't touch that. I don't even know if he's playing in Athens either which is lame, cause I'd go even if it was ipod. I figure since he used to live here he might have scrounged up a band for this show but who knows.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
On the other hand, the ipod shows are usually a good deal smaller (at least in NYC, but that could just be because they aren't as well publicized and/or last minute), plus there a good chance for acoustic requests.

prolapse
Apr 28, 2002

Smash it Smash hit posted:

BTMI is playing here ( I live in Columbia, he is playing in Rock Hill tomorrow). My guitarist's other band is playing with him. Kinda disappointed he is playing with the ipod, heard the full band is awesome, the one man gig- not so much.

Aww I would love to see it but I live in greenwood and have to work tomorrow! :argh:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Dickeye posted:

In other news I finally really listened to Scrambles because I bought it today, and goddamn this album owns.

scrambles became my favorite btmi! cd the first time i listened to it. it's absurdly good.

Red Red Blue posted:

2011 is an awfully generous estimate, late 2012 probably.

sometime roughly around december 21st

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 11, 2010

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Obama Yo Mama posted:

scrambles became my favorite btmi! cd the first time i listened to it. it's absurdly good.

until i listened to this ep

holy poo poo

e: slumlord and the first time i met sanawon are amazing tracks

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 11, 2010

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Victory newsletter has more confirmation that it drops the 16th, and it's available for pre-order on Amazon now.

So ordering this poo poo when I get paid.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gentlemen I believe I may be in possession of two demos from 99SOR

edit: Holy. loving. Christ.

e2: I reiterate: Holy. loving. Christ. I'm listening to Such Great Heights right now

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Feb 11, 2010

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Dickeye posted:

e2: I reiterate: Holy. loving. Christ. I'm listening to Such Great Heights right now

ಠ_ಠ

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Dickeye posted:

I hope once it's mastered (this is unmastered, correct?) the beginning doesn't sound like a bike horn.

This is Unsavory
Feb 14, 2009

FateoMcSkippy posted:

I hope once it's mastered (this is unmastered, correct?) the beginning doesn't sound like a bike horn.

I don't think the mastering of it will change that, unfortunately. And other than that into, the rest of the song is fantastic. I know these are labeled as demos, but they sound pretty drat good for demos. Is it certain that these aren't the final versions?

Either way, at least I have something to listen to besides the minute-long clip of "Linoleum" over and over. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Yeah the rest of the song does make up for it. The beginning made me have doubts though.