Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I think the savage/mcmahon thing has probably been blown out of proportion. Purely speculation, but I think that the initial conflict was the slim jim thing (because he was one of the first to get outside endorsements without the WWE getting a cut yadda yadda). Vince probably blew his top, savage probably blew up right back, but I think they parted on reasonable terms (my evidence being: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6b8fl_vince-mcmahon-announces-randy-savag If vince was REALLY pissed about savage, he wouldnt have mentioned him on air at all, just pretended that he never existed. Wikipedia says that savages last PPV match was a win over crush, so he wasnt buried on the way out either.)

I reckon Vince probably HAS made approaches to Savage now and then and been rebuffed for whatever reasons. Whether its because Savage has decided that hes been wronged, or that he resents being described as a "legend" (I forget who, but there was one former superstar who hated the idea because of its implication that he was old) or (and this is where my guess would be) because Savage just thinks that he is worth more than Vince is willing to pay him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

SiKboy posted:

I reckon Vince probably HAS made approaches to Savage now and then and been rebuffed for whatever reasons.

Randy doesn't want to come back while R-Truth is using his gimmick.

In all seriousness, about the only way the Slim Jim thing is the sole reason is if Randy is a big enough of a delusional rear end in a top hat that he won't come back without getting a year long world title push or something. While that's not beyond the scope of believability I still feel like Vince would have talked him into something by now.

Savage and Warrior are the only two superstars Vince hasn't mended fences with yet, right?

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet

LightsGameraAction posted:

Savage and Warrior are the only two superstars Vince hasn't mended fences with yet, right?

-Bruno

-Everyone in TNA

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Wasn't it reported that Vince reached out to Warrior this past winter in order to try to get him in the 2010 HOF class? I could be wrong, though.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Eugene Jerome posted:

-Bruno

-Everyone in TNA

With the maybe-exception of Hardy depending on how his drug trial goes, there's really no telling whether or not Vince will forgive with most of the guys who went straight from WWE to TNA.

As for Bischoff/Hogan/Flair, they're probably in hot water with him again now, but he showed willingness to work with them after WCW folded.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I didn't think Vince took it personally that his former employees tried to make money in other companies.

I could see Ric Flair having heat with HBK after Shawn's "I won't disrespect the Undertaker by making a comeback" line, but otherwise going to TNA doesn't seem like it would insult anyone.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
How many people have actually jumped ship to TNA in favor of being in the WWE, instead of just joining TNA when they were out of WWE by other means? Christian off the top of my head is one, maybe Kurt Angle depending on how much the WWE thought he was likely to die in the ring. I don't think Vince would think negatively of any guy who went to TNA to get better or just to get paid while they were split with WWE. Christian's come back to pretty decent success to the WWE and I'd like to think the WWE is going to snatch Elijah Burke back the second he's available.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hardy is almost definitely going to be welcomed back into WWE if and when that happens. He's on trial for drugs and still wants to work. I don't care what the dirtsheets say. WWE wouldn't hire him right now no matter what. Hell, I wouldn't be incredibly shocked if Hardy reached out to Vince and McMahon told him, "Why don't you go work for TNA until this all blows over?"

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Beautiful Ninja posted:

How many people have actually jumped ship to TNA in favor of being in the WWE, instead of just joining TNA when they were out of WWE by other means? Christian off the top of my head is one, maybe Kurt Angle depending on how much the WWE thought he was likely to die in the ring.

Kurt Angle was released because he refused to go into rehab for his drug abuse. TNA scooped him up immediately, he went because they'd hire him without a drug test, not because he favored them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Hardy is almost definitely going to be welcomed back into WWE if and when that happens. He's on trial for drugs and still wants to work. I don't care what the dirtsheets say. WWE wouldn't hire him right now no matter what. Hell, I wouldn't be incredibly shocked if Hardy reached out to Vince and McMahon told him, "Why don't you go work for TNA until this all blows over?"

Vince McMahon isn't going to tell someone to go work at even a distant #2 when he's just released a DVD of your life story and you were his world champion 6 months before. He's incredibly pissed at Hardy by all accounts.

The only time in history this has ever happened is when Ric Flair left in 93, and that was because Vince loves Flair and when Flair originally came in Vince told him if he couldn't use him as a main eventer he could leave. When 93 rolled around Vince wanted a youth movement and told Ric he could take a spot in semi mains putting over young stars and then an office job or go back to WCW.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRayPer posted:

Vince McMahon isn't going to tell someone to go work at even a distant #2 when he's just released a DVD of your life story and you were his world champion 6 months before. He's incredibly pissed at Hardy by all accounts.
Just to be more clear, I in no way think that what I said is actually what happened. I only meant that it works out pretty great for both parties.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

projecthalaxy posted:

Let's talk about my very favorite kind of moment: the Cavalry Comeback.

Here is a good example. The heels are doing dastardly deeds. Booker T and Goldust make a valiant effort to stop them, but are destroyed. When suddenly: BLAMMO! Kane out of nowhere! Destroys everyone! Yeah!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEauRFfJ-_k

What are some other good at least semi-surprise comebacks like this?

The Rock coming out and saving Mankind.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

With the maybe-exception of Hardy depending on how his drug trial goes, there's really no telling whether or not Vince will forgive with most of the guys who went straight from WWE to TNA.

As for Bischoff/Hogan/Flair, they're probably in hot water with him again now, but he showed willingness to work with them after WCW folded.

Well, Christian came back to WWE

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

ChampRamp posted:

Well, Christian came back to WWE

Christian worked a date for the WWE he didn't have to, didn't hold them up for money and avoided trashing them after he left. He was pretty much the model employee on his way out.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

Christian worked a date for the WWE he didn't have to, didn't hold them up for money and avoided trashing them after he left. He was pretty much the model employee on his way out.

Yea, isn't he the only one that didn't really poo poo-talk the WWE when they came over to TNA?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yea, isn't he the only one that didn't really poo poo-talk the WWE when they came over to TNA?
He definitely did in his first promo. It was pretty good stuff, too.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

He definitely did in his first promo. It was pretty good stuff, too.

I doubt Vince cares if you're badmouthing him or his company on-air, in-character. Christian's always been a consummate professional outside the ring, and I don't remember him ever saying anything stronger than a general "I disagreed with their direction for me" in interviews.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

tzirean posted:

I doubt Vince cares if you're badmouthing him or his company on-air, in-character. Christian's always been a consummate professional outside the ring, and I don't remember him ever saying anything stronger than a general "I disagreed with their direction for me" in interviews.

Exactly, it was his actions while working for them that counted and he didn't drop his quitting in their laps as a bombshell, worked professionally and worked dates outside of his contract just to be on the safe side in case any pre-existing angles worked out needing him (he was one of the options in a Taboo Tuesday match, from memory). That he then showed up on TNA and said,"I came here because I felt I could do better here than in WWE," was hardly burning bridges.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He said that when he got into wrestling, one company was old, stale, boring and lacking direction. He picked the other one. Now once again there are two wrestling companies. One's old, stale, boring, lacking direction and the other one is TNA. Then he made fun of the Dr. Heiny skit where Vince McMahon pulled things out of JR's rear end.

Edit: Just so we're clear, I still agree with you.

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet
Christian working in TNA probably helped his career more than if he had not.

He's literally TNA's only success story.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Eugene Jerome posted:

Vance Archer

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Eugene Jerome posted:

Gail Kim.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

The A-Team Van posted:

Gail Kim.

Seconded, even though she's been mediocre in WWE. She had some great matches with Kong in TNA.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

CVagts posted:

Seconded, even though she's been mediocre in WWE. She had some great matches with Kong in TNA.

If Gail Kim is mediocre, we need to call up every woman wrestler in FCW

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

tzirean posted:

Nothing makes Vince happier than seeing a guy who badmouthed him come crawling back to the company.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lone Rogue posted:

Nothing makes Vince happier than seeing a guy who badmouthed him come crawling back to the company.

He didn't come "crawling back" though, he just returned.

Seriously, Christian was a textbook example of how to do EVERYTHING right. He left WWE on good terms, did well in TNA, left TNA on good terms, returned to WWE on good terms.

Edit: Remember, he left WWE because he was getting road-fatigue and he'd saved enough money that he could afford to spend some quality time with his family. He lived in the same place that TNA is filmed so working for them meant he could go spend two days filming (returning to his house at night) then have the rest of the next two weeks off, and he was getting paid more than you or I probably make combined ON TOP of his WWE savings, not to mention any merchandising sales. He returned to WWE because he enjoys wrestling and obviously felt that he could handle being back on the road again, similar to how Jericho left for a few years and returned after getting over the fatigue of constant travel.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 31, 2010

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Save Russian Jews posted:

If Gail Kim is mediocre, we need to call up every woman wrestler in FCW

Mediocre in comparison to her Kong matches and other TNA work.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Is there a list of all the MitB Toxx avatars anywhere (I don't want to read through the whole thread)?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Christian Stuff
This is just one of fifty reasons that Christian is my hero. The guy got be buying TNA pay-per-views for awhile for gently caress's sake. When he left, I stopped watching iMPACT! entirely until the Monday move and started watching ECW.

I loves me some Christian.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Is it just me or is the current WWE midcard as good as it ever has been? Or should I not get too attached to any of the guys there like Bourne and Ryder because many of them will promptly disappear within the year?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kerck Pnameless posted:

Is it just me or is the current WWE midcard as good as it ever has been? Or should I not get too attached to any of the guys there like Bourne and Ryder because many of them will promptly disappear within the year?

I dunno, Back when WWE was so swollen with talent they had guys like Beniot, Kurt Angle, and Booker T in the mid card was a pretty cool time.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kerck Pnameless posted:

I don't know if the upper midcard is as good as it's ever been but it's BY FAR the deepest quality midcard they've ever had.

Morrison, Miz, Kingston, Ryder, Swagger, Rhodes, DiBiase, Kane, Yoshi, Regal, Bourne, Christian, Ziggler, Benjamin, McIntyre, MVP, Mark Henry....hell even Goldust has been pretty good lately (or was until ECW died)

Throw in a the NXT guys and I think they're really doing a solid job of prepping for the future of the organization.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't know if the upper midcard is as good as it's ever been but it's BY FAR the deepest quality midcard they've ever had.

Morrison, Miz, Kingston, Ryder, Swagger, Rhodes, DiBiase, Kane, Yoshi, Regal, Bourne, Christian, Ziggler, Benjamin, McIntyre, MVP, Mark Henry....hell even Goldust has been pretty good lately (or was until ECW died)

Throw in a the NXT guys and I think they're really doing a solid job of prepping for the future of the organization.

Not bad considering that just over a year ago, people on this board (myself included) were beginning to panic about whether or not WWE had any future main-eventers on their roster considering the increasing age of their current stars. The young guys (for the most part) aren't ready yet but they'll be ready in time for the old-guy's retirement. And that's what's important.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Not bad considering that just over a year ago, people on this board (myself included) were beginning to panic about whether or not WWE had any future main-eventers on their roster considering the increasing age of their current stars. The young guys (for the most part) aren't ready yet but they'll be ready in time for the old-guy's retirement. And that's what's important.

Maybe I'm just reading too far into things, but I think CM Punk's explosion is the reason Vince and creative seem to be a lot more receptive to pushing smaller guys lately.

They'll still favor bigger guys like McIntyre, Sheamus and Swagger, but the smaller guys are finally getting their due I think.

Nobody would've guessed a year ago that The Miz would be a key piece to the future of the company.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nobody would've guessed a year ago that The Miz would be a key piece to the future of the company.

Seriously. He's constantly improving in the ring and it's clear he's not afraid to bust out new moves to see how they work. His mannerisms and crowd interaction are impeccable. Outside of the ring, he interviews extremely well since he's obviously comfortable in front of the camera.

With the right angle, he does have face potential, so long as he keeps his act up and just mocks the heels instead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

Seriously. He's constantly improving in the ring and it's clear he's not afraid to bust out new moves to see how they work. His mannerisms and crowd interaction are impeccable. Outside of the ring, he interviews extremely well since he's obviously comfortable in front of the camera.

With the right angle, he does have face potential, so long as he keeps his act up and just mocks the heels instead.

The only face turn he'll ever have is a Rock turn where people just start loving him despite acting like a twat.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I could see the Miz becoming the face in the Daniel Bryan feud by accident. Bryan seems like he could end up being like Rocky Miavia, with his clean-cut "I love spending time with my family and eating veggies" stuff and the crowd might eventually just hate him for it.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Has there ever been a thread where WH2K has come up with it's own ideas for storylines? Because that would be pretty neat.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Shitty_Wok posted:

Has there ever been a thread where WH2K has come up with it's own ideas for storylines? Because that would be pretty neat.
Every single thread becomes fantasy booking eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shitty_Wok posted:

yes. it wasn't.