Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

Nothing makes Vince happier than seeing a guy who badmouthed him come crawling back to the company.

This kind of baseless nonsense about Vince McMahon/Triple H/Whoever drives me nuts. You have no evidence of this at all and are using an example in which, even if the statement were true, it would not apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This kind of baseless nonsense about Vince McMahon/Triple H/Whoever drives me nuts. You have no evidence of this at all and are using an example in which, even if the statement were true, it would not apply.

I heard Vince McMahon sits around masturbating to the thought of Hulk Hogan walking in, tearing off his shirt while bursting into tears, and offering to give Vince one night of Hulkamania for a slice of PPV audience to call his own.

That's just what I heard.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Burrito posted:

I heard Vince McMahon sits around masturbating to the thought of Hulk Hogan walking in, tearing off his shirt while bursting into tears, and offering to give Vince one night of Hulkamania for a slice of PPV audience to call his own.

That's just what I heard.

Yeah I read that somewhere. Don't remember where though.

50 Cent Bulletproof
Apr 17, 2007

STRAIGHT EDGE
KAWAII DESU

DannoMack posted:

I could see the Miz becoming the face in the Daniel Bryan feud by accident. Bryan seems like he could end up being like Rocky Miavia, with his clean-cut "I love spending time with my family and eating veggies" stuff and the crowd might eventually just hate him for it.

People love MMA. Danielson is a submission wrestler. People equate submissions with MMA, therefore the people will pop for Danielson.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Yeah, that's why the crowd goes nuts every time someone uses a rest hold.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

The only face turn he'll ever have is a Rock turn where people just start loving him despite acting like a twat.

Wrong. Miz is a hell of a nice guy outside of his heel character. He could easily become the #2 babyface to Cena at some point.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Yeah, that's why the crowd goes nuts every time someone uses a rest hold.

TBH, Bryan seems to have a grasp of how to make the crowd pop at least a little for a submission. That heel hook he uses must look like poo poo live (it's just a few degrees off a very basic STF), but it looks deadly on camera.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Wrong. Miz is a hell of a nice guy outside of his heel character. He could easily become the #2 babyface to Cena at some point.

Miz is an incredibly nice person, yes, but Miz IS his heel persona. Without it, he's just some dude that's there.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WWE Spin: Vince is very forgiving and is always willing to do business
Truth: Vince McMahon loves to see the people who disagreed with him or were ever against him come to him for a job

Are you telling me that if you were pretty much the king of the wrestling business, if some guy left the company to prove they could do better or constantly called you poo poo ended up having to call you for a job, you wouldn't be laughing inside and loving every moment of it? You wouldn't hire them just to make them choke on their words? I know I would. I don't blame Vince for the attitude. I'd be the very same way.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

Lone Rogue posted:

Truth: Vince McMahon loves to see the people who disagreed with him or were ever against him come to him for a job

Are you telling me that if you were pretty much the king of the wrestling business, if some guy left the company to prove they could do better or constantly called you poo poo ended up having to call you for a job, you wouldn't be laughing inside and loving every moment of it? You wouldn't hire them just to make them choke on their words? I know I would. I don't blame Vince for the attitude. I'd be the very same way.

Isn't one of the best examples of this when he hired Bischoff sometime around 2002 or 2003? Bischoff's job was basically to go on screen and look like an idiot every week.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Faxman posted:

Isn't one of the best examples of this when he hired Bischoff sometime around 2002 or 2003? Bischoff's job was basically to go on screen and look like an idiot every week.

and it still is!

Strangelv
Dec 4, 2006
What is a good site to find out if any independent shows are coming to my area? (Dallas, TX)

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

Yes that's all very wonderful speculation, but you've demonstrated nothing concrete except that you expect the worst of people and enjoy indulging in the almost completely WWE-crafted fantasy that Vince McMahon is a psychotic egomaniac.

Exactly all anyone actually knows about Vince is that he's a workaholic, has thought of and participated in several tasteless storylines, that he had a troubled family life growing up, and that his slice of the entertainment business is about a century behind the times as it comes to worker rights. There's more than enough fuel here to ridicule and/or hate him forever, it's not like anything needs to be straight-up fabricated.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

There's more than enough fuel here to ridicule and/or hate him forever, it's not like anything needs to be straight-up fabricated.

I... don't hate him for it. I wasn't being sarcastic. I'd do the very same thing. Maybe you didn't get that since you just love to chase down my posts more.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

I... don't hate him for it. I wasn't being sarcastic. I'd do the very same thing. Maybe you didn't get that since you just love to chase down my posts more.

The point is that this isn't what happens. If Vince McMahon is gloating about anything, it's about paying customers like you that fantasize that he brought in guys like Eric Bischoff and Christian chiefly, or only, to stick it to them. In Bischoff's case, a guy with a lot of big name appeal who generated buzz with wrestling fans on entry; in Christian, a guy who literally has no problem with the way Vince McMahon does anything, but that wanted to work an easier schedule for a while.

As if on his first day back, Vince pulled Chris Jericho aside and said "So I guess your rock band couldn't pay the bills! Ha, ha! Hahaha!" and then sat inside his office and smiled smugly as he counted PPV earnings and masturbated furiously or something.

And the reason I don't care for your opinions is because they are often morally deplorable or based on nonsense. As in, if you actually think that wrestlers and the wrestling business are so loathsome as you do, I can't figure out how you could possibly enjoy it, "knowing" that they are all so scummy. Enjoying it regardless of this "knowledge" would essentially make you reprehensible. So you're either full of it, morally repulsive/childish, or some measure of both.

There's believing that wrestling has a lot of corrupt, unpleasant elements, and then there's believing, as you apparently do, that the corruption is absolutely everywhere and that everyone involved is absolutely slimy to a comical degree, and then enjoying it anyway. It doesn't speak well of you.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

The point is that this isn't what happens. If Vince McMahon is gloating about anything, it's about paying customers like you that fantasize that he brought in guys like Eric Bischoff and Christian chiefly, or only, to stick it to them. In Bischoff's case, a guy with a lot of big name appeal who generated buzz with wrestling fans on entry; in Christian, a guy who literally has no problem with the way Vince McMahon does anything, but that wanted to work an easier schedule for a while.

As if on his first day back, Vince pulled Chris Jericho aside and said "So I guess your rock band couldn't pay the bills! Ha, ha! Hahaha!" and then sat inside his office and smiled smugly as he counted PPV earnings and masturbated furiously or something.

And the reason I don't care for your opinions is because they are often morally deplorable or based on nonsense. As in, if you actually think that wrestlers and the wrestling business are so loathsome as you do, I can't figure out how you could possibly enjoy it, "knowing" that they are all so scummy. Enjoying it regardless of this "knowledge" would essentially make you reprehensible. So you're either full of it, morally repulsive/childish, or some measure of both.

There's believing that wrestling has a lot of corrupt, unpleasant elements, and then there's believing, as you apparently do, that the corruption is absolutely everywhere and that everyone involved is absolutely slimy to a comical degree, and then enjoying it anyway. It doesn't speak well of you.

Oh goddamnit settle down.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

If you honestly don't think that Vince McMahon relished the chance to bring Bischoff into the WWE and bury him then you're a loving moron, nothing more nothing less. This isn't going by anything written on the dirt sheets either, all you had to do was watch Raw and see how obvious it was.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

If you honestly don't think that Vince McMahon relished the chance to bring Bischoff into the WWE and bury him then you're a loving moron, nothing more nothing less. This isn't going by anything written on the dirt sheets either, all you had to do was watch Raw and see how obvious it was.

allow me to post my master's thesis in reply

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Save Russian Jews posted:

allow me to post my master's thesis in reply
Heh, don't get me wrong I love monkeys. The slightest disagreement results in a massive wall of text. It owns.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Heh, don't get me wrong I love monkeys. The slightest disagreement results in a massive wall of text. It owns.

Just imagine everything he types is in the voice of Orson Welles.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I don't see why any post that has more than a paragraph or so always seems to be called a "WALL OF TEXT." He was just giving his opinion on half and the other half was explaining why he said what he said in response to Rogue's saying "I don't know why you chase down my posts." Hell, at least it was interesting to read and more than 2 lines.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

oldpainless posted:

I don't see why any post that has more than a paragraph or so always seems to be called a "WALL OF TEXT." He was just giving his opinion on half and the other half was explaining why he said what he said in response to Rogue's saying "I don't know why you chase down my posts." Hell, at least it was interesting to read and more than 2 lines.
Because every OneThousandMonkeys post is a minimum of three paragraphs. Once again it owns to see someone put so much care into arguing about wrestling on the internet. At the end of the day you can at least say "I'm not that guy".

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

He was playing a heel authority figure. I wouldn't call being made to look like an rear end every couple of weeks as burial when, well, the real boss of the company has a character to do the same drat thing every chance he gets, even now.

I mean, you're forgetting that Bischoff was over as gently caress as the RAW GM. People seriously hated him and wanted the superstar of the moment to run him over with something slow and heavy. They reached the end of his contract and ended his character in a way to best please the audience. It was like the most professional you could get.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Burrito posted:

it just makes it worse.

Actual question: who is your bet for the next monster heel, and/or will there ever be another?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it just makes it worse.

Actual question: who is your bet for the next monster heel, and/or will there ever be another?

a new guy

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Big Daddy VI

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It doesn't seem like they are too keen on monster heels right now, they could have made Shamus one but didn't.

Some woman had sex with Vader and produced offspring so I'm going to say Vader jr though.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Big Daddy VI

They can create a new Villano family of wrestlers only with fat black guys.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Croc posted:

They can create a new Villano family of wrestlers only with fat black guys.

Will they also be almost killed in the ring

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Burrito posted:

I started doing this the last time I argued with him and it made it much more awesome.

"We know a little promotion, in Orlando. Every week, Flair bleeds there. Do you really mean that? Don't you want me to say every week Flair bleeds there over the shot of Abyss, isn't that the fun of it? I think it's so nice that you see a shot of a monster and say every week, Flair bleeds there. We're talking about him bleeding and he's dead."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I thought Christian left because he wanted a shot at the main event, and the WWE saw him only as a mid-carder.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Nobody really knows why Christian left as he keeps everything about that pretty close to the chest, but it's pretty obvious that it's a combination of that, and the fact that he could work like, six days a month, rarely had to fly anywhere, got to do some acting and could spend more time with his wife.

We do know, however, the two reasons he gave TNA for leaving. One was the economic downturn. The other? You guessed it: Vince Russo's creative direction.

Christian is/was good friends with Scott D'amore, who was booking when he jumped ship to TNA. D'amore was demoted when Russo took over and then nothing seemed to make any sense anymore.

down beat
Jul 11, 2002
Why would they tell contestants to "get off the ropes" on Tough Enough? Like during the initial tryouts, a hopeful contestant would be trying to cut a promo and lean on the ropes before getting yelled at.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Collias posted:

Why would they tell contestants to "get off the ropes" on Tough Enough? Like during the initial tryouts, a hopeful contestant would be trying to cut a promo and lean on the ropes before getting yelled at.

makes you look relaxed and you're supposed to maintain a sort of champion-ish posture

dude what if you started cutting a heel promo going off on that guy after he yelled at you, all while chilling on the ropes?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Cameo posted:

He was playing a heel authority figure. I wouldn't call being made to look like an rear end every couple of weeks as burial when, well, the real boss of the company has a character to do the same drat thing every chance he gets, even now.

I mean, you're forgetting that Bischoff was over as gently caress as the RAW GM. People seriously hated him and wanted the superstar of the moment to run him over with something slow and heavy. They reached the end of his contract and ended his character in a way to best please the audience. It was like the most professional you could get.

Yeah I don't get the "Bischoff got bought in to be mocked and buried by a hateful Vince McMahon" when the guy got bought in to pretty much play the hated, slimy authority figure week to week so Vince wouldn't have to, and probably got paid a shitload of money for doing it and got to be the top heel figure in wrestling for a good couple of years.

down beat
Jul 11, 2002

makes you look relaxed and you're supposed to maintain a sort of champion-ish posture

dude what if you started cutting a heel promo going off on that guy after he yelled at you, all while chilling on the ropes?
It wasn't really a coaching thing. This was was when people would line up and go to the ring and try to convince them to let them on. I'll try to find a video

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

it just makes it worse.

Sids kid. He has already taken up the Lord Humongous mantle.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Collias posted:

It wasn't really a coaching thing. This was was when people would line up and go to the ring and try to convince them to let them on. I'll try to find a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQroX91ThYA#t=2m50s

still sounds like a coaching thing-- either that or the ropes were purely for show and not as durable as WWE ropes

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

it just makes it worse.

Skip Sheffield

yip yip yip what it do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evale
Dec 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvyfEW9zra4

This will always be the best Tough Enough clip.