Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Berzerker posted:

I was going to go see The Specials tomorrow night in Toronto, but it's been postponed due to a medical emergency. I hope they're okay :ohdear:

Too much too old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Anybody going to Streetlight in RI this weekend?

Mr Crumbbley
Jun 5, 2007
So The Slackers have a new album coming out tomorrow on 420 :350:
The Great Rocksteady Swindle
http://interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=177495&

I didn't know about this, as I haven't been keeping up with The Slackers lately. But I'm pretty excited to check it out, last I got from them was Self Medication which was pretty good.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

Soliciting a ride for this:

If anybody in Boston is going and has room for me and my girlfriend in their car, we can pay our way in $, gas or :420:.

Otherwise we're screwed, gently caress paying $30 each for a bus ride out there.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I wish. I wish so so badly. But they're playing on the Sunday after spring break for me. Got classes the next day. Curse your infernal scheduling Tomas!!

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

drunk asian neighbor posted:

How's your head doing man? We had a killer time on Sunday, glad you could make it out.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Josh Wow posted:

How's your head doing man? We had a killer time on Sunday, glad you could make it out.

It's good! I wasn't that drunk, was I? I have clear memories of the whole night. Thanks for the CD, hope you guys can come around again in the future!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh hey look an interview with this band I've never heard of before

e: I think I'm gonna talk to them about doing the manager thing when I get home, I do enough pimping and poo poo as is, and I've gotten them at least one show by posting about them here, and I really love doing it. gently caress it why not

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 22, 2010

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

drunk asian neighbor posted:

It's good! I wasn't that drunk, was I? I have clear memories of the whole night. Thanks for the CD, hope you guys can come around again in the future!

Somebody said something about a guy in blue flannel slamming his head on something and them thinking he had a concussion. Guess it was some other guy in blue flannel.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Boston/NE area goons:

Apparently Streetlight Manifesto and Passion Pit are playing in Waltham at Brandeis for Springfest two sundays from now, and I'm 98% sure its free. So uh, get on it if you're not going to the RI show.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Josh Wow posted:

Somebody said something about a guy in blue flannel slamming his head on something and them thinking he had a concussion. Guess it was some other guy in blue flannel.

Nope, not me!

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Dickeye posted:

gently caress it why not

Because they like to make fun of your transvestite girlfriend :cheers:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thornes posted:

Because they like to make fun of your transvestite girlfriend :cheers:

idungeddit

or are you serious and i have to crack a skull when i get home

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp9MOCSDtjY

Dicky Barrett > Scott Stapp

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i love you dicky barrett

wanna see that on a b-sides album some day

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Wooo! Even though they started an hour and a half later than scheduled, it was still a fantastic show. Having never seen them before (the last time they even played here was when I was 4), I don't have anything to compare it to, but they were pretty much just as I expected: awesome.

Looking forward to TMT on friday.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Any other goons going to see The Aquabats! in Atlanta on May 5th? I've got my tickets and can't wait.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Holy poo poo the Aquabats playing somewhere that isn't Cali? :aaa:

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Holy poo poo the Aquabats playing somewhere that isn't Cali? :aaa:

they're playing at Lupos two days after Streetlight.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

they're playing at Lupos two days after Streetlight.

loving NOOOOOOOOO

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

They played like 2+ shows in Australia but it was for a festival and i didnt get to see them.

I even saw streetlight the first time they came here, a year or two ago :smith:

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Aquabats! just played a large portion of the US on the Yo Gabba Gabba! Live Tour.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Yeah, I saw them in Cincinnati with Mustard Plug about a month ago.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

I saw Streetlight over the weekend at Stevens University. There was only around 200 people there. It was incredible seeing them in such a small setting.

They only played Linoleum and Hell from their newest album, which was great because I was worried that it would be a set of all covers. I would have liked They Provide the Paint. Do they ever play that live?

AbandonShip
Dec 25, 2007

DRD posted:

I saw Streetlight over the weekend at Stevens University. There was only around 200 people there. It was incredible seeing them in such a small setting.

They only played Linoleum and Hell from their newest album, which was great because I was worried that it would be a set of all covers. I would have liked They Provide the Paint. Do they ever play that live?

Yes, i've seen it quite a few times.. I can even remember the first time they broke it out. Place went insane. It's so, so good live.

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.
Streetlight posted new tour dates on their site, one of which is

quote:

25 Jun - New York City, NY
VENUE: Joe's Pub
INFO: Small Capacity Solo Acoustic Show by SM's Singer, under the name Toh Kay. 21 & UP to Enter.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Jun 27th in Worcester? I'm there.

ExplodingChef
May 25, 2005

Deathscorts are the true American heroes.
http://thepacers.bandcamp.com -- A sadly long defunct Milwaukee ska band has made all their releases (one album, couple EPs, one cassette) available. Great, great band.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Rabin_Crabmink posted:

Streetlight posted new tour dates on their site, one of which is

Acoustic show eh? I'm there. Same for the July and August NYC shows!

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang

DRD posted:

There was definitely more than 200 people in that crowd, or, this is also possible, I suck at estimating crowds. One of the circle pits I was in must've had at least 50.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Jun 27th in Worcester? I'm there.

I'll see ya there handsome ;)

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I'll see ya there handsome ;)

;-*

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

GUYS.

They're playing in MA at Brandeis in Waltham on Sunday FOR FREE. I'm not sure of what time but get on that poo poo, srsly,

edit: Show's at noon.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=116619901697680&ref=mf

Casual Encountess fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Apr 29, 2010

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Wellllll they played for an hour but they didn't play anything off 99, which was kind of a disappointment. Oh well.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Spring Heeled Jack reunion show tonight! I'm excited. Have to drive up to Connecticut from Wilmington, DE, but hopefully that'll be worth it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
My friend Pat is trying to get the Fad back together for a show. I'm really hoping he pulls it off. Pretty sure I'd poo poo myself

Also I told him if he did it I'd suck his dick on the stage between sets.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
That'd be nice to see happen. I missed the benefit show and mini-tour they did back in the summer/fall of '09. I already has to pass up on Spring Heeled Jack and High School Football Heroes, so having adding one successful reunion show to my list this year would be good.

buttslave
Jun 8, 2007
Onwards and Upwards!
Anybody going to the Streetlight/Supervillains show in Houston July 21st?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lessthankyle posted:

That'd be nice to see happen. I missed the benefit show and mini-tour they did back in the summer/fall of '09. I already has to pass up on Spring Heeled Jack and High School Football Heroes, so having adding one successful reunion show to my list this year would be good.

If he does, I'll let you know. Are you in upstate NY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Dickeye posted:

If he does, I'll let you know. Are you in upstate NY?

I'm in Brooklyn, but I can get upstate fairly easily.